This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

Comments

• Will both the . and , be converted to a decimal seperator?
    Think that would be best.
  • Just spoke with @Emile. In the next release there will be a step property for number fields in action cards. Ill support 2 decimals for those cards. Ill implement it now and it will work after the upcomming release.
  • #817  <3
  • An update:
    V0.9.6
    * Feature: Add decimal support in the number action cards. This will work starting from Homey V0.10
    * Feature: Turn on insights for boolean and number values. Existing variables will also be turned on
    * Feature: Implement backup and restore of variables offline 
    * Bug: Fix propagation of updates from bitflip
    * Bug: Fix a bug where setting a variable with the same value did not trigger the variable set card
    * And added a donate button as requested by MartijnDeRhoter

I tested the drop tokens. The firmware does not allow droptokens in number inputs. Please use the math and set a variable card for it.

• Excellent news - especially the backup and restore feature. Well done on another first!

Once that donate button goes live (I guess when 0.9.6 is in the app store?) I'm sure you can retire. Or at least take a nice Mediterranean cruise (or just blow it all in Vegas) :smile: 

• Oh yes, this should be core Homey. I will donate, thx @Uranday ;
  • Super! Thanks @Uranday don't forget your donate button  :D
  • I tested the drop tokens. The firmware does not allow droptokens in number inputs. Please use the math and set a variable card for it.

How can I achieve this?
  • UrandayUranday Member
    edited September 2016
    I tested the drop tokens. The firmware does not allow droptokens in number inputs. Please use the math and set a variable card for it.

How can I achieve this?
    The set card is just a card where you can drop a token in and it is set. 

So lets say you want the current light level stored in a variable you select the variable and drop the token of the sensor in the value field.

With the mathjs cards you can do a lot more expressoins. For example the increment sort of behaviour
    This can be done by adding the mathjs expression in the first field and select the value in the second field. Examples of expressions are
    $num123$ + 1  => increments with 1
    $num123$ + Lux (token) => increments the num value everytime the token changes with the lux value

I hope this helps you a little bit further. See math.js http://mathjs.org/docs/expressions/syntax.html for more info. Just remember that $VARIABLENAME$ will be replaced with the value that Better Logic has and $timenow$ gives you the total number of seconds since epoch. 
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited September 2016
    Right! Lemme try that  Thanks!
  • I'd like the ability to change the symbol for a BitFlip device. So i'd would look better in the Homey app.

Some basic symbols could be:

Don't know it this is possible....
  • Released! See release notes in the app store 
  • Is it possible to use better logic vars in other cards without using tokens? 
  • No, that's not possible. 
  • Uranday said:
    No, that's not possible. 
    Any chance this will be possible in the future? 
  • No, the firmware does not allow data going from one app to another. This only can be done with the build in variables. Maybe you can assign in a separate flow the better logic variable to a honey variable and then achieve the result..? 
  • Yes, that should do.. (but can't get those working either)
  • Quick question, is it possible to query flows for variable usage? Do apps have access to that kind of flow data?

It'd be pretty useful to get a list of flows that contain a certain BL variable :smile: 

• As far as I know there is no way to get that data. Maybe I can get some info from the context when a card is triggered but that would only give you for example the last runner flows.. 
  • Thanks - seems like a feature request for 0.11.0 then :smile: 

@Athom ;
    Could we expand the search function in the flow editor to include searching all parts of all flows? 
  • Uranday said:

* And added a donate button as requested by MartijnDeRhoter

Where can I find this button. I'd like to show my appreciation but cant find a donate button anywhere ... :confused: 
  • V0.9.6 is on github, not yet in the app store.
  • V0.9.6 is on github, not yet in the app store.
    I know, I installed it today. But I still dont see a donate button on GitHub.
  • It's on de apps page in the appstore... 
  • And I forgot to press the publish button. So now it is :)  https://apps.athom.com/app/net.i-dev.betterlogic
  • Top, made a donation....
  • Problem with bl 0.9.6?

Updated to betterlogic 0.9.6 on v0.10.0 i have the problem that all flows are crippled. "Only 1 trigger per flow allowed", is the error message. i do only have 1 trigger...
  • UrandayUranday Member
    edited September 2016
    Is this with the bitflip device triggers  or with normal trigger cards? 
  • no bitflip
    I have 1 normal bl card in the {IF} column and 1 bl card in the {AND} column.

• KeepT said:
    no bitflip
    I have 1 normal bl card in the {IF} column and 1 bl card in the {AND} column.

I had something similar. A reboot solved it for me.