This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

Comments

• @Uranday ;
    Is it possible to change the last set date/time into the 'human' format? I'm trying to track down why a flow doesn't work and was looking at the variable and noticed the time is displayed in Zulu time.

• What do you mean with zulu time? Is it the wrong time zone? The Z at the end is the indication that it ends with milliseconds . 
  • From the Wikipage: 

The time zone using UTC is sometimes denoted UTC±00:00 or by the letter Z—a reference to the equivalent nautical time zone (GMT), which has been denoted by a Z since about 1950.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

• You are right. Im confused with formats in c#. Weird thing is that I just see normal time. 2016-11-05 10:47:10 Guess this is a browser or OS setting?? 
  • For internal use it is better to use UTC/Zulu time. That is what the Z is meaning. Z= UTC+0
    The presentation time has to be naturally local time.  Here UTC+1.

• Uranday said:
    You are right. Im confused with formats in c#. Weird thing is that I just see normal time. 2016-11-05 10:47:10 Guess this is a browser or OS setting?? 
    I believe this occured after updating to 0.10.9. Showed a human readable format before that. Perhaps you are still on a previous firmware.
  • Phuturist said:
    Uranday said:
    You are right. Im confused with formats in c#. Weird thing is that I just see normal time. 2016-11-05 10:47:10 Guess this is a browser or OS setting?? 
    I believe this occured after updating to 0.10.9. Showed a human readable format before that. Perhaps you are still on a previous firmware.

Yep, update changed it. @Emile do you know what changed? 

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for looking into it, this may indeed be different after the update to 0.10.9, I can't recall how it looked before because I never really had to check the variables  ;)
  • Uranday said:
    Phuturist said:
    Bumblez said:
    Question/feature request:

What would it take, to be able to do something like this:

If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  and [TempValue > 0]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]
    or even
    If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]

? any chance of something like this happening, or does this require a significant change in the Flow editor first?
    @Uranday Is using BetterLogic variables in a speech card a viable feature request?

I'll look at this when I'm back from Holliday! 

I tried to read back in this forum but was unable to find a confirmation :wink: 
    Are we able to use BetterLogic variables in a speech card on version v0.9.6, or is this still a feature request? 
  • I think to get advice is to give more info about what you want to achieve . . 
  • To create flows that voice respond with current variable values. e.g. Say: The temperature is $TempValue$

• U can use the build-in logic for that, not the Better logic.
    Use {{$TempValue}} after setting the "normal" logic variable.

• U can use the build-in logic for that, not the Better logic.
    Use {{$TempValue}} after setting the "normal" logic variable.

I am only using Beter logic as normal logic does not have a current value overview and you need to document when having a lot of various variables. Better logic is way better to use.
  • If the BL-var changes, copy it's value to a normal var:

Then have Homey speak the normalvar:

I did consider this before you suggested it in your post, but it is kind of a overhead if you have over 50+ better logic variables. It would require too many new flows IMHO as a workaround. Better would be if Better logic would support this.

You don't have to do the two step flow for that, 
    you can use the BL var direct to say the text. Created a BL var [String], created the flow:

Changed the Var at settings to " Twee" : 

• What geurt says is the solution. It is not possible to integrate directly because of the architecture of homey. 

• you can use the BL var direct to say the text. Created a BL var [String], created the flow:

Mm, I really feel dumb now... This works as stated :smiley: 

• you can use the BL var direct to say the text. Created a BL var [String], created the flow:
    Mm, I really feel dumb now... This works as stated :smiley: 
    No, we are all learning, exploring and discovering the undocumented and changed paths in this continuously changing labyrinth .... no-one said it did work before ;-)
  • True, you can make it say the content of a variable that way.
    But there are other scenarios where it doesn't work, because of the missing global variables.
    If you ask Homey something, it can't reply with the content of a BL-variable for example.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited November 2016
    And I just noticed another var is missing  :'(

But now something seems really broken...
    I'm missing a number variable. So I recreate it and I verify it is listed with the other variables.
    I wait a minute (to be sure it's written to the config I guess), I reload the page and.... it's gone again!  :/

The weird thing is that it's still listed in Insights!?  :o

[edit]
    After a 'Delete All' and Import, I have a much bigger problem....
    When I refresh the page all my variables are gone! :cold_sweat: 
    I'm gonna reboot now and hope they come back!  :s
  • Reboot didn't solve it.  Everything was gone...
    Had to remove the app, reinstall and import everything again.
    Recreating the lost variable worked now.
  • Uranday said:
    Phuturist said:
    Uranday said:

Yep, update changed it. @Emile do you know what changed? 

@Uranday did you get a response form @Emile, can we expect a fix for this?
  • No, no response 
  • It seems like since 1.0.1 Bitflip devices aren't updating anymore when the variable changes?
  • @Fire69 i think you are right. 
    Realized it also...
  • I did a quick scan through this topic and I couldn't find it on github either...

But I noticed that when there is a "/" in the name of the (boolean) variable, like "tv aan/uit" or "zon op/onder" , a "not_found" error is given in insights.

Is this an insights or a better logic issue?

I can image that there are some special characters that can not be used when naming a variable. And since homey is now in retail stores, it can be wise to add that to the  better logic settings page. Just to prevent future questions.
  • Hi All,

This week Ill go try and fix some bugs (found a little time laying around ;)) For now I have on the planning:
    - Rework the variable maintenance screen so it does not lose variables on editing
    - Try to fix the bitflip (unsure what is going on there, but I hope I can fix it)
    - Make the date/time human readable
    - Check what is going to do with the / in the name (and if it is a homey problem, ill do not allow it in var names).

Does anyone else discovered an issue?
    Cheers!
  • Howdy,

Is it possible to rename a variable? I have over 50 of them now and really regret my naming convention :(
  • Fire69 said:
    Reboot didn't solve it.  Everything was gone...
    Had to remove the app, reinstall and import everything again.
    Recreating the lost variable worked now.
    Not sure what happened here. I hope I can reproduce this problem and see what is going on! Ill keep you posted!