This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

1192021222325»

Comments

• @Uranday Works like a charm!  :p
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    Can't find it, simple question:  How can I print a value to Simple Log or speak the Better logic variable content (a number) in a Than action?

• _Marco_ said:
    Can't find it, simple question:  How can I print a value to Simple Log or speak the Better logic variable content (a number) in a Than action?

Just drag a tag into the card.
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member

I have defined an varable, named old-temp and i use the temp change of a device to check for $old-temp$+5>#temp  in all cases set old-temp=#temp. But i want to log old-temp first into simple log.  And there is no tag old-temp ( better logic varable) only temp.
  • Then u made a variable in the normal logic instead of Better Logic?
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    I see that my question is not clear enough (and was typed on a smartphone), pictures to make it more clear:

I have defined a number variable in Better Logic:

And want to put the content of this variable Temp_Garage_Temp in Simple Log:

There is no Tag to drag.

This is the flow I had in mind writing to SImple log could be done in one action card, but for readability I split it:

What do I do wrong? The only tg I can drag is the original Temp variable from the Qubino relay module.

00.png 16.1K
    01.png 283.5K
    02.png 1022.8K
  • Well, there is tags in the flow page? On the top?
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    o.m.g.  I totally overlook that menu item  <span>:smiley:</span>    Thanks!  
    (still learning...)
  • Now that's where the community comes in. No future for a good product without an excelent community like this one!
  • ArnoArno Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone,

I just installed Better Logic 0.9.12 on Homey (firmware 1.5.11). When I try to add a Better Logic device to a zone it shortly shows "Follow the instructions", followed by "There were no new devices found". So I can't add a device. Anything I'm doing wrong? This is the way to do it, right?

Edit: I now see I have to create a variable in the settings section first. Then it works.
  • JPeJPe Member
    You first have to create a device/variable in the Map Setting / Better Logic, after that, you can add it to a zone.
  • Hello, how to correct use GET
    i try to get temperature value from Homey and put this into my Pi3 homebridge-broadlink-rm plugin
    {"status":401,"result":"no_auth_method_found"}

How to auth add to this?

• JaxcJaxc Member
    How do i prevent beter logic from adding extra digits behind a number variable?? When i use Increment (+0,1) and Decrement (-0,1) i get numbers with 10 digits behind the . like 0.100000000003 and this does not work with like volume settings.
  • I guess this is the same issue as reported and answered here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/56897/#Comment_56897
    Just a computer math problem. 
    maybe you can ask the developer of the volume app to round all input before processing, imho they should handle that.
  • Jaxc said:
    How do i prevent beter logic from adding extra digits behind a number variable?? When i use Increment (+0,1) and Decrement (-0,1) i get numbers with 10 digits behind the . like 0.100000000003 and this does not work with like volume settings.

As a workaround I am using a mathjs card in my'then' which effectively rounds up to two decimals:

round( VARIABLENAME * 100) / 100

(I'm using 100 as my hue lights swallow 0 - 1 with in/decrements of 0.01 ( I think?) ) If you need a finer resolution, you can 1000 or higher) I haven't tested that for Hue lights.

Someone else uses:
    round(VARIABLENAME, 2)