This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

UrandayUranday Member
edited September 2017 in Apps
Currently I'm writing a new app for variable management and better logic. 

For now the goals are:
- Variable management. 
      Create, read and update variables. Those variables then can be used in your flows. Changing a variable in this screen will also trigger the flows attached.
- Logic control
    - String manipulation, contains (not), Matches (not), 
    - Number manipulatoin, assing, is (not) equal, is (not) greater than, is (not) less then, increment and decrement (maybe later */+-)
    - Bool checking, Assign bool, Flip bool

The variables can be selected in the cards via autocomplete. 

Future goals are API support, device support. (a button to set a variable, so you can start flows from your app) and if possible a realtime updating screen with the variable values (so you do not have to press F5

If anyone has feature requests, please let me know in this post.

Patrick

Comments

• Nice work Patrick, flipping booleans would be most welcome and could reduce my number of flows by about 50% ... :wink: 
  • Good work Patrick! Looks promising and a great extension to Homey  o:)
  • Super!
    This makes me a little bit jealous on every one that can making an app.

May be you can better change bool in to boolean. 

• Very nice and useful. Thanks for making this.

• Nice add on!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe feature request or Is this possible :
    Variable changed to

• First of all: Great job!

This makes me wonder how Athom will deal with apps that have functionality that is or will be in the Homey already. I know Apple will reject apps that offer similar functionality for example. I wouldn't be surprised if Athom would provide this functionality by default in the future (Actually I would have expected it already).
  • Michael said:
    First of all: Great job!

This makes me wonder how Athom will deal with apps that have functionality that is or will be in the Homey already. I know Apple will reject apps that offer similar functionality for example. I wouldn't be surprised if Athom would provide this functionality by default in the future (Actually I would have expected it already).
    When it is the same or better I don't mind. If they want to take all my code and merge it in their core, I would be pleased. I make this app because I really want this functionality. 
  • This is just a great example of "a community comes to live". Sounds like a very useful add-on!
  • Uranday said:
    Michael said:
    First of all: Great job!

When it is the same or better I don't mind. If they want to take all my code and merge it in their core, I would be pleased. I make this app because I really want this functionality. 
    Best attitude we can have :smile: 
  • An minor update. I have a working settings and autocomplete flow cards. Now it is time to implement the logic.

• The fact your able to create such app shows how powerful Homey already is. Great work!
  • I made a minor video about the variable handling. Njoy!

• Great work Patrick, did Athom already contact you to have this integrated into the source code ... :+1: 
  • I first need to finish it, then submit it as app and then i will let them decide to either let my app exist or get the features into the core app.... 
  • @Uranday ;
    Arr you gone post it on github.com?
  • I Already indeed did. Though it is very experimental, a large amount of features are missing and I cant give any responsibility on problems with infinite loops ;)
  • @Uranday  Also cant add new variables
  • Where are you trying to add new variables? In the settings or in the card?
  • In the settings if i click add noting happens
  • sorry it works now
  • Just a question, did you press any time delete all between not working and working? Because that could be a bug.
  • @Uranday  I must firt pres delte all before i can add variables and if i add a couple en go to an 
    another tab like apps en go back to better logic all variables i added disappear 
  • The first could be a bug. The second is not there in my system. I just added an other commit, can you see if you are on the latest?
  • just downloaded from git hub 15 min ago so i think so
  • Think the first time use bug is solved.
  • Yep its working now
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd love to see variable management as part of Homey's core OS. Variables are now invisible in some black box. At least you made them visable and manageble through your app. Great work @Uranday.