This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Here also the app shows "random" devices when navigating to a different zone.
    These "random" devices are actually the devices of the main zone which are showed for 0.x of a second after each other.  
    on main zone I have;
    1. Danfoss
    2. Elro
    3. Sony Bravia TV

So initial start of the app and navigating to the main zone these devices on a single screen;
    1. Danfoss
    2. Elro
    3. Sony Bravia TV

Navigating to zone "moved devices" show in sequence;
    1. Danfoss
    blankscreen
    1. Elro
    blankscreen
    1. Sony Bravia TV
    blankscreen

All the same for all zones and after navigating to a different zone then "main", the main zone also keeps empty.

This night again a false trigger on "User X came home".
  • JonJon Member
    @Anyone who knows why the 'scrollable' area in the app (latest version, just updated this yesterday) is so small. You can only see the devices in a certain room/area by scrolling through about 15% of the mobile's screen height. See screenshot:

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Jon said:
    @Anyone who knows why the 'scrollable' area in the app (latest version, just updated this yesterday) is so small. You can only see the devices in a certain room/area by scrolling through about 15% of the mobile's screen height. See screenshot:

Which app version and Android version are you using? 
  • JonJon Member
    MarcoF said:
    Jon said:

I am on Android 6 (sony skin) and app version 2.2 (latest, AFAIK)
  • Jon said:
    MarcoF said:
    Jon said:

I am on Android 6 (sony skin) and app version 2.2 (latest, AFAIK)
    More importantly, you're probably still on 0.8.32 right? I'll have to admit that I'm not sure that 2.2 works properly without the new, rewritten mobile interface. I'll see if I can fix that.
  • I have the strangest thing. For the last 2 nights, around 4:50 AM, the app indicates that I 'came home' (judging by the time of the notification I got). My phone did not turn off, and was charging next to my bed.

Any idea?
    Sleep walking :
  • JonJon Member
    edited June 2016
    @superice I have upgraded this evening to 0.8.38 but - although the issue from my earlier screenshot does not occur anymore - the app does not load (or does not show?) the list of devices at all anymore. So this is even worse...
    Even when I go in the side menu to 'devices' it does not show/load anything anymore.....
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I have the strangest thing. For the last 2 nights, around 4:50 AM, the app indicates that I 'came home' (judging by the time of the notification I got). My phone did not turn off, and was charging next to my bed.

Any idea?

Same here and mostly around 05:40 - 05:50 

Last 2-3 night I receive an email around that time that I came home... while i was a sleep.... :|
  • I left the house 3 times this night! So must have been lot of sleelwalking all of a sudden.
  • Any updates on this one?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    The app was working very good for me, but since this morning it's not showing any devices anymore. 
    Couldn't it be something server-side related? 
  • phbphb Member
    Same here  no devices anymore  
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Can we go back one version of the app somehow? :D
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited June 2016
    Also here no devices.
    Sony z5 with App version 2.2.48
    Homey version 0.8.38
  • Also here no devices. But when i put a device to the first (upper) zone ' Home'  then i see that device. I think when i switch through the zones, there is no refresh.
  • Has always worked but for me also no devices anymore.
    Only have 3 Somfy blinds connected (which still work while using them in a flow or setting through the webinterface)
  • I'm sorry guys, the previous update broke zone loading pretty badly, which was due to a number of factors. I apologize, because I'd probably have caught that if I had tested more extensively. I have just pushed an update which addresses this issue, version 2.2.1, build 49. If you have any further issues, please tell me.

In the meantime, there is some more good news, because in the process of fixing the zone loading I think I might have found the last cause of those nasty fatal crashes, so that shouldn't happen anymore. (If it does, please report the error, so I get the stacktrace)
  • superice said:
    I'm sorry guys, the previous update broke zone loading pretty badly, which was due to a number of factors. I apologize, because I'd probably have caught that if I had tested more extensively. I have just pushed an update which addresses this issue, version 2.2.1, build 49. If you have any further issues, please tell me.

In the meantime, there is some more good news, because in the process of fixing the zone loading I think I might have found the last cause of those nasty fatal crashes, so that shouldn't happen anymore. (If it does, please report the error, so I get the stacktrace)
    Apologies accepted  ;)
  • Thx, working again
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Not working here, no devices shown. 
    It's weird, it worked perfectly with the previous update until yesterday it suddenly didn't anymore. No update to app or Homey, it just stopped all of a sudden... 
  • fiekfiek Member
    superice said:
    I'm sorry guys, the previous update broke zone loading pretty badly, which was due to a number of factors. I apologize, because I'd probably have caught that if I had tested more extensively. I have just pushed an update which addresses this issue, version 2.2.1, build 49. If you have any further issues, please tell me.

here also everthing working, thnx for the quick fix...
  • Fire69 said:
    Not working here, no devices shown. 
    It's weird, it worked perfectly with the previous update until yesterday it suddenly didn't anymore. No update to app or Homey, it just stopped all of a sudden... 
    You already installed the latest version (from today)?

Version 2.2.1 build 49?
  • @superice just updated but still no devices. It also doesn't say that there are no devices. It's just empty. The app is loading the floor also slower. I've cleared everything and even rebooted my phone but no luck here. I'm on Galaxy S6 edge
  • adjuadju Member
    edited June 2016
    Installed build 49, and it's working
    And stable until now no more crashes.

Phone Nexus 6p
    app 2.2.49
    homey 0.8.38
    Kaku  1.1.6

• btwvince said:
    @superice just updated but still no devices. It also doesn't say that there are no devices. It's just empty. The app is loading the floor also slower. I've cleared everything and even rebooted my phone but no luck here. I'm on Galaxy S6 edge
    Deleted the app a few times on the phone and now it's working :smile: 
    Have a nice weekend guys!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Barely dare to say it;
    Did an update of the previous version to the new. After the update the app didn't show devices at all. Tried to delete local app cache, but that didn't help. Last option was to delete the whole app and do a clean install. This last option did the trick and so the same experience as @btwvince
  • btwvince said:
    btwvince said:
    @superice just updated but still no devices. It also doesn't say that there are no devices. It's just empty. The app is loading the floor also slower. I've cleared everything and even rebooted my phone but no luck here. I'm on Galaxy S6 edge
    Deleted the app a few times on the phone and now it's working :smile: 
    Have a nice weekend guys!
    MarcoF said:
    Barely dare to say it;
    Did an update of the previous version to the new. After the update the app didn't show devices at all. Tried to delete local app cache, but that didn't help. Last option was to delete the whole app and do a clean install. This last option did the trick and so the same experience as @btwvince
    Should have mentioned that, that might be necessary indeed. Deleting local settings should have the same effect though (so, not just the cache, but all Homey app data). The previous version may have corrupted the settings.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Yep, that fixed it. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    He's back again  :|

I'm some testing while on the way. 
    After the Initial install the app showed device in de home zone. Unfortunately the app isn't showing devices anymore. It isn't showing any devices and all zones are empty. 

Also noticed that after the install the app asked for audio permission and after a forced close the app asked location permission. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    The previous post isn't accepting another pic through chrome mobile, so a new post with a second screenshot