This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• MarcoF said:
    Just updated to 2.2.2 build50 and its looks like Zones are not working properly. When navigating from Home>Zone1>Zone1.1 and with the back-arrow back to Home, the devices of Zone1.1 stay on the screen.

Tried to remove cache/app data, which didn't help.

Also "Menu button" > "Devices" keeps the Zone1.1 devices on the screen.

So basicly only on initial load/start the Home devices are loaded.
    Yeah, got it. Just released a new version to the beta channel, sorry for the inconvenience...
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    Similar problems here, I just updated to 2.2.2 and as soon as I have devices displayed they remain on the screen, no matter which zone I navigate to. I have to manually force the app to refresh the screen by either going to another screen in the app (settings or media), close the app (and remove it from recent), log out and back in. At one point I also had a weird rendering problem where there was just a bar at the top of the zone display behind the title of the zone (https://goo.gl/photos/qKPczrWFzBYM7z4h8).

I also tried changing from wifi (Homey's LAN) to 4G and still couldn't reach Homey without having to log out and back in again.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Did the update and looks great! thanx!
  • MarcoF said:
    Did the update and looks great! thanx!
    Great. I'll wait for some more feedback, and if no big issues are found later tonight, I'll push it to the stable channel :)
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    Build 51 solves it here too. Works great now. Also switching network works... :) 
  • adjuadju Member
    Build 51 is working well, but during installation I am unable to give permissions.
    Can only refuse and then need to set permissions manually in the homey app.
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    Oh, one more thing: I didn't get any notifications on my phone anymore. I noticed there were two copies of my phone in the list on Homey (from reinstalling the app?) and it was pushing to the wrong one. Is there any way to get rid of an old or duplicate phone?
  • FrankM said:
    Oh, one more thing: I didn't get any notifications on my phone anymore. I noticed there were two copies of my phone in the list on Homey (from reinstalling the app?) and it was pushing to the wrong one. Is there any way to get rid of an old or duplicate phone?
    Not yet, as of now you have to test manually which one it is. My educated guess: probably the last or the first one.
  • glijieglijie Member
    Looks like it is working over here. Changing network works. Alle kaku and hue reacts when buttons are pushed :)

Don't know if it is the app or homey but speech is not working when using the app...the only responds i get is when i say 'test' alle other speech to activate flow thru the app is not working.

Speech direct thru homey(without using app) works great.

Thx for the update!

Ps.. @FrankM i have about 30 copies by now :) use the last one and push notifications are working again

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    glijie said:

Don't know if it is the app or homey but speech is not working when using the app...the only responds i get is when i say 'test' alle other speech to activate flow thru the app is not working.

Speech direct thru homey(without using app) works great.

Check the speech-input page when using the app.
    It's not working for me anymore either, but it seems like the app is doing speech recognition in English, even when Homey is set to Dutch.
    Said something about it yesterday, but I thing @superice missed it :)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Confirmed, Dutch isn't working through the app...
  • Since version 2 all language detection is in English.
    So you can't use your voice on your phone if your Homey is set to any other language other than English
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Nope, for android Dutch was working with build 34 (36?).
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited June 2016
    @superice : Home detection is here only working for one Day every time. I Am on app build 2.2.3 build 51 and homey firmware 0.8.38. Home detection and gps are on in the app. If I do a reboot of homey it works again for one Day,  next Day same problem. Have 2users in homey with both the samsung A5 mobile. Mobiles works fine, my homewizard detects always when I at home.. Anybody an solution?
  • Confirmed, Dutch isn't working through the app...
    Okay, I've just pushed 2.2.4 build 52 to the beta channel, which should fix internationalization support :)

mbalik79 said:
    @superice : Home detection is here only working for one Day every time. I Am on app build 2.2.3 build 51 and homey firmware 0.8.38. Home detection and gps are on in the app. If I do a reboot of homey it works again for one Day,  next Day same problem. Have 2users in homey with both the samsung A5 mobile. Mobiles works fine, my homewizard detects always when I at home.. Anybody an solution?
    Do you have 3G / 4G enabled, because if you don't the app obviously can't tell Homey you're away, which would explain why it's only working once.
  • I have those enabled, it's a homey bug. After restart homey it works fine. I have now updatet homey to 0.8.39, maybe this is the fix. Will let you know...
  • @superice just updated and when i open the app I only got the background wallpaper and no menu's. After a few seconds it crashes. I've send the reports
  • btwvince said:
    @superice just updated and when i open the app I only got the background wallpaper and no menu's. After a few seconds it crashes. I've send the reports
    Does it do that consistently? What happens when you delete the apps data or reinstall it completely?
  • btwvince said:
    @superice just updated and when i open the app I only got the background wallpaper and no menu's. After a few seconds it crashes. I've send the reports
    Same problem on my side. App re-installed, without any luck.
  • superice said:
    btwvince said:
    Does it do that consistently? What happens when you delete the apps data or reinstall it completely?
    I've cleared everything now it doesn't crash but i get my devices under the titel bar.
  • After clearing cache again and then reinstalling it again it seems to work  :)
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    Had an empty background here too until I cleared the app data... It seemed to take longer than normal for the device list to come back to life on first start. Or maybe I was not just anxiously waiting.... :)
  • adjuadju Member
    edited June 2016
    I was unable to grant permissions to the homey app when the app request them during the installation.
    So for anyone  having the same problem, here is a solution, works for me.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/CcCFhnXZQEs

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @FrankM Same for me...

Dutch language is working again on android :)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    App updated this night,each start results in a crash so now it's not starting anymore. <3

And deleting settings fixes it.... 
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    edited June 2016
    I am still having the problem that only a small portion of the screen is used to show devices. I see that some users had this, but don't have it anymore. I have tried resetting app settings / rights... I have also re-installed the Homey app. Any advice?

EDIT: 
    I have Build 52, but this has been a problem since long before 52

• leoleo Member
    Weezul said:
    I am still having the problem that only a small portion of the screen is used to show devices. I see that some users had this, but don't have it anymore. I have tried resetting app settings / rights... I have also re-installed the Homey app. Any advice?

EDIT: 

So have I. Still the same problem.
  • Voice nationalisation issue is fixed
  • Weezul said:

EDIT: 

This is fixed in Homey version 0.8.39 which should hit stable somewhere this week. I could probably try to debug this in the app as well, but the last time I had a comparable issue this was a bug in React Native / Android measuring and layouting itself, so I'd rather not spend too much time on it if it's fixed with 0.8.39 ;)
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    No, there are indeed more important things to focus on... will let you know if .39 does not fix it.

Thanks