This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• @superice ;

Any plans to support Tasker with a plugin in the future?http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited June 2016
    One day it will work  #believe..

• AaronAaron Member
    Hi,
    I am new to android. I bought a cheap 7" tablet to test it out and maybe put some on my walls. It won't let me install the homey app though. It says : Your device isn't compatible with this version"  What could be the problem?
    The android version is 4.4.2

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi,
    I am new to android. I bought a cheap 7" tablet to test it out and maybe put some on my walls. It won't let me install the homey app though. It says : Your device isn't compatible with this version"  What could be the problem?
    The android version is 4.4.2

greetings,
    Aaron
    That device probably doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 ES, which is the environment the wave at the bottom runs in. Other than just a minimum Android version, I believe the app requires OpenGL 2.0 ES, and a microphone. I have planned for some time now to remove those hard constraints and implement a graceful fallback when those things aren't available, but as you probably can imagine that isn't really that high on the priorities list given the current state of other Homey components (like infrared or even the iOS app)
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hmmm, so many devices, so many versions, so many.....
    Thanks for your answer and I understand that it is not high on your priority list.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Any update on app not showing devices after .39 update ?  did clean and reinstall app 

• glijieglijie Member
    djesko said:
    Any update on app not showing devices after .39 update ?  did clean and reinstall app 

Here only devices when on own network. Also no push notification on latest app version
  • djeskodjesko Member
    @glijie ;

Same here,  no push and only devices on WiFi 

• FrankMFrankM Member
    edited June 2016
    Confirmed, same here. Connection to device is lost when disconnecting from wifi. Logging out and back in restores the connection. No push notifications whether connected to wifi or external.
    Strange, I pretty sure it worked with the current Homey and App versions..
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    djesko said:

Here also in some cases no devices shown in the app.
    Here it helps to open Chrome on the laptop and start Homey's GUI.
    After that the App shows devices again.

To me its looks like Homey isn't accepting connections from my Phone/App.
  • MarcoF said:
    djesko said:

Does it show the 'No devices in this zone' message, or does that not appear at all?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    djesko said:

Does it show the 'No devices in this zone' message, or does that not appear at all?

Not appear at all , 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    djesko said:

Nothing, and after a F5 on the Homey WebGUI the cards show up in the Android app.
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    MarcoF said:
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    djesko said:

Nothing, and after a F5 on the Homey WebGUI the cards show up in the Android app.
    Completely empty device list here too, no message either. Have to log out and back in to get them back. Web GUI works but doesn't bring the device list in the App back here..
  • glijie said:
    killed app....cleared cache... removed app ..cleared cache...reinstalled app  nummerous times( about 30) :o
    And after each time it works once. Maybe it's better to wait for a fix, because each time i cleared the cache mine mobile device is added in the flow for a push notification :)

I have the same ;(

• djeskodjesko Member
    glijie said:
    killed app....cleared cache... removed app ..cleared cache...reinstalled app  nummerous times( about 30) :o
    And after each time it works once. Maybe it's better to wait for a fix, because each time i cleared the cache mine mobile device is added in the flow for a push notification :)

I have the same ;(

Same here ..long list !
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Here also a long list showing. Both household devices are shown, but only one list item works.

Also presence detection is still not working properly. Yesterday I sat on the attic where WiFi reception is poor. In the time I was on the attic (about 30min) I came and left home 5 times....
  • Push messages to my phone are not working? It worked for a day or so but now I am not recieving messages. 

Is this a known issue? Or just happening to me?
  • Push messages to my phone are not working? It worked for a day or so but now I am not recieving messages. 

Is this a known issue? Or just happening to me?
    Same for me. Tried pretty much all the phones in the list of devices available for push messages but none are working. Started with the update to 0.8.39 I believe. Probably clearing the app settings and registering a new device will get it to work again but I'm gonna sit this out. The list of devices is getting unmanageble and having to change all my flows that do push notifications everytime is to time consuming for me.
  • same here!

• If I am remote (not on WiFi) the app does not work, opens but does not show any cards. Chrome with my.athom.com works always so good to have a plan B but the app is useless when not connected to the local WiFi. Also using a remote WiFi network does not work with the app. Looks like the app has trouble working over the Athom servers when remote?
  • glijieglijie Member
    Push notifications are working again
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Jupp working here to,  anyway to clean the long list? 
  • Yes, their working again!
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2016
    glijie said:
    Hi,

Can you tell me what you did to get this working. Push notifications not working for me for about two weeks now. I am running 08.39. I have the beta android app installed on a Sony Z5. Already tried clearing cache.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited July 2016
    fiek said:
    glijie said:
    Hi,

Can you tell me what you did to get this working. Push notifications not working for me for about two weeks now. I am running 08.39. I have the beta android app installed on a Sony Z5. Already tried clearing cache.

If you cleared cache from the app than it could be that you have to go to the flows where you have your push notifications and select the last name in the row. That helped for me.
    In mine case each time i cleared the cache mine device is added and i have to adjust all the flows with push notifications

This time it just worked again and i did nothing:-/

• fiekfiek Member
    @glijie thnx i will try that 
  • fiekfiek Member
    glijie said:
    fiek said:
    glijie said:
    Hi,

If you cleared cache from the app than it could be that you have to go to the flows where you have your push notifications and select the last name in the row. That helped for me.
    In mine case each time i cleared the cache mine device is added and i have to adjust all the flows with push notifications

This time it just worked again and i did nothing:-/

I picked the last name in the list, unfortunately it still doesn't work.
  • Is there a way to delete these devices from the long list?
    I think my devices is already added more then 20...

• Any progress on the issue of the tabs not disapearing.
    Id love to, but am just unable to use homey with my 1,5 year old smartphone...