This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] GPS-Trace App (0.4.0)

ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
edited August 2016 in Apps
The last few weeks I've been working on a GPS-Trace App. 
Track your car and phones with the free GPS-Trace.com service. The app creates a device for each tracker in your gps-trace.com account. Create geofences in settings so you can trigger flows when your car leaves work.

For now this is supported:

Trigger cards on device

- Tracker moved
 - Tracker starts moving
 - Tracker stopped moving
 - Tracker entered geofence
 - Tracker left geofence

Condition cards

- Tracker is moving
 - Tracker is in geofence

Action cards

- Say location of tracker

05-08: Version 0.4.0 is now available in the app store.

##### Release notes 0.4.0:
- Fixed compatibility with Homey firmware 0.9.1 after broken API's.
- Normalize getAddress responses output in location library

##### Release notes 0.3.0:
- Added support for Speech triggers
- Improved speech responses, send output to correct session

Comments

• ### Action cards
    Will this be the (closes) city name or GPS coordinates?
  • Ronneman said:

### Action cards
    Will this be the (closes) city name or GPS coordinates?
    It returns the address (street/city)
  • ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited April 2016
    Its like 'Kalverstraat in Amsterdam' or 'A1 in Amersfoort'.
    So it does reversed geocoding with OpenStreetMaps and the most usefull info out this OSM response is put to speech:

place = cycleway || road || retail || footway || path || pedestrian
       city = town || city

• I just added support for some advanced geofences:

I will now focus on some stabillity issues and then submit a public beta version to the app store.
    What app-store categories do you guys think would suit this app best? 

• Looks great! I'm going to test it as soon as it is in the appstore. I think it can be categorised as 'tool'..
  • @Fire69 How is your test going with OBD II GPS Realtime Tracker
  • Working very good :smile: 
    Going to test some more tomorrow, had to do a full reset of my Homey today :neutral: 
  • @ErikVanDongen:  Just upgraded to latest version.  When I looked at the log it was empty, I confirmed my account settings and then the logging started again.
    Is this necessary after an update, or should I just be a bit more patient and will it start automatically again?
  • I'll look into it. I made the logging screen realtime now, as long as it's open it will keep growing. When you reload the settings screen only the last 100 entry's will be shown. After removal of the app I expect the log to be empty and starts logging after account configuration.
  • Anyone tried to use a knock off China 'Xexun' TK102b or 103b with GPS-trace.com?
  • Its working for me with a Xexun TK102-2. Most china trackers use know 'copied' protocols.
  • I have a 'TK206' but have to use the Xenun 103 also.  :p
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited April 2016
    Ah found it. For my China TK102B I have to use the Xexun TK-103 - Port: 20222. That sucks, because this is a 'car-tracker' and you can only add 1 car to GPS-trace.com.

I'm going to try Corvusgps.com too.
  • Ah found it. For my China TK102B I have to use the Xexun TK-103 - Port: 20222. That sucks, because this is a 'car-tracker' and you can only add 1 car to GPS-trace.com.

I'm going to try Corvusgps.com too.
    Are you sure they see it as a car? My TK102-2 is also listed as an hw_category 'auto', but in my account overview it shows as a personal tracker:

• Hi all. Version 0.2.0 is now published in the app store. 
  • edited May 2016
    hmmm i cannot select any device. i have installed the gps tag oranbe app on my phone, but it is not listed in the cards. i can see its position on the website from gps-trace
  • hmmm i cannot select any device. i have installed the gps tag oranbe app on my phone, but it is not listed in the cards
    Have you added a device on the device screen in Homey?
    PS: first configure your gps-trace.com account credentials on the apps settings page in Homey.

• thanks missed that step
  • Does it take some time to get the gps location ?
    Was thinking i did all things right but me is not "in location" according to the flows i make.
  • What does the app log say? Is there a difference between the location according to Homey and gps-trace.com? If polling is enabled in the app settings the location is get from gps-trace every 10 seconds.
  • 10 sec should do it hehe.
    Location shown in app and gps-trace are the same.
  • Can you share the flow you created?
  • As u can see there is a red cross in the AND card so that makes me think am not at home. When i change that to "is not" then the flow works.
  • Have you enabled debug logging:

Should show something in log like this

If not, can you click the 'Opslaan' / 'Save' button again on the GPS-Trace account tab in the settings screen?

Oh. and add a image of your tracker in the geofence like this:

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited May 2016
    The log shows about the same as ur pic after saving settings again.

Screenie of the tracker in app:

• Great app, very functional to understand where the family members are! Thanks for making it.

Unfortunately something goes wrong, as I get the below error. I added the iphone IMEI under Unit ID and my Phone number, while choosing Iphone ASK tracker under Device (In the Orange GPS app). 

What could be wrong?

• I made the same mistake. You got the wrong app:
    Follow this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/tc/app/gps-tag-orange/id766356081?mt=8
  • I think the 'orange gps tag' app on your Iphone never send a location to GPS-trace.com. 
    Does gps-trace.com shows your location?

• The log shows about the same as ur pic after saving settings again.

Screenie of the tracker in app:

Can you click on 'test' in the flow editor and after that post the log you see on the settings page?