This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] GPS-Trace App (0.4.0)

Comments

• Today around 15:30u my homey was hanging again (happens once a day). After a reboot around 17:30u (power off, power on) I see that the GSP-trace app settigs are missing.

The log tells me this:

And in the Geofences tab, the map is empty, completely grey.

After entering the settings again, it looks like everything is working again.
    on which homey version are you?
  • Homey: 0.8.32
    GPS app: 0.2.1
  • @keverjeroen Ok, lets keep an eye on that. I use standard Homey settings management for these settings, so I assume the lost settings after crashing has to do with an issue with settings management.
    The account settings are only read after initiation of GPS-Trace or on settings changes. So no heavy load/read-write locking issues there.
  • At the moment I have to reboot Homey every 1 or 2 days, so if it happens again, I let you know!
  • ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited May 2016
    For users on version 0.8.34: because of issues with app settings pages you can experience problems while saving account details or on editing geofences . (github issue)
  • Workaround for now is to go to the log page and click the 'clear logging' button twice.
    Afther this you can change GPS-Trace account settings.

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    Hm, that's a strange workaround :)
    Is it related to the callback you mentioned on Slack?
  • Fire69 said:
    Hm, that's a strange workaround :)
    Is it related to the callback you mentioned on Slack?
    Yep! With this workaround you first save a setting that does not need that callback, before save a setting that waits for a callback to release buttons / functions on the settings page.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Nice find! :cookie: 
  • Yesterday I finaly tested my alarm-flow, it works like a charm!

• Haha nice one @keverjeroen . Do you know the trick to let a hue bulb blink 15 times? That is possible with a direct call to the hue bridge and setting alert to 'lselect'. You can read about it in this topic.
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited May 2016
    Haha nice one @keverjeroen . Do you know the trick to let a hue bulb blink 15 times? That is possible with a direct call to the hue bridge and setting alert to 'lselect'. You can read about it in this topic.
    Thanks. I'm going to try that!
  • Small tip for testing geofence triggers/flows. When you drag a complete geofence around in the settings screen, flow triggers are immediate evaluated when you 'drop' the geofence on its new location. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Just installed the Homey app, Android GPS-tag app and configured GPS-trace online.
    My phone is correctly placed on the GPS-trace map, it shows a satellite count and some movement.

If I open the Homey app settings, then I can save my credentials, clear logs, draw a geofence, but the logs keep say;
    no devices to track!

Don't know what to do now.

edited May 2016
    @MarcoF Have you added devices (with the big + in device view on Homey)?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016

=========================================
    -
    -

-
    -
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes :smile: 

Now other pieces of the puzzle are falling into place  o:)

Nice app!!!! <3
  • T-mo-TT-mo-T Member
    App works very well! Definitely a good basis for the smart home. Would be great to have ETA's implemented but in current state this app is already very useful. Thanks for the effort. :)
  • Hey guys. Version 0.3.0 with improved speech support is awaiting approval in the app store.
  • Menno said:
    Wondering if I can use this on my windows mobile phone. Did a quick google but not finding a GPS Tag Orange app for it
    Any advice on this question? I have the same Windows phone, I know... But are there any answers?
  • T-mo-TT-mo-T Member
    Nice! Still using this app on a daily basis. Although I'm a bit struggling with Android GPS tag accuracy vs battery consumption. Any recommendations? 

Only too bad the Homey push messages stopped working but hope that'll be resolved with next Homey FW.
  • T-mo-T said:
    Nice! Still using this app on a daily basis. Although I'm a bit struggling with Android GPS tag accuracy vs battery consumption. Any recommendations? 

Only too bad the Homey push messages stopped working but hope that'll be resolved with next Homey FW.
    Best solution is to put a cheap gps tracker with gprs in your car.

I will continue development with ETA. Do you have suggestions on how to implement this?
    My thought was to activate ETA-tracking with a flow card (so you can apply all sorts of conditions) with parameters like Target Geofence, Cancel Threshold if route distance grows with x meters,  Cancel Threshold if travel time grows with x minutes, Signal threshold if arival time changed at least x minutes.
    With ETA-tracking active on a device, the following flow-triggers will be available on the device:
     - Arival at geofence within x minutes (parameters: target geofence, minutes)
     - ETA delayed with x minutes (parameters: target geofence, minutes)
     - ETA advanced with x minutes (parameters: target geofence, minutes)
     - ETA-tracking started
     - ETA-tracking cancelled
  • Hey guys. Version 0.3.0 with improved speech support is awaiting approval in the app store.
    What is improved / changed in the speech support?
    edited July 2016
    @keverjeroen ;

- Response speech to mobile app if flow/speech trigger originated from the mobile app 
    - Added support for speech triggers, homey answers with the address
        > "dude, where is my " + tracker name 
        > "gps" + tracker name 

• Great! I like that the app can speak back to my phone now.

What is btw the benefit of pre-programmed voice triggers? I see this in other apps too, but most of the time they conflict with my own flows.. 

What is btw the benefit of pre-programmed voice triggers? I see this in other apps too, but most of the time they conflict with my own flows.. 
    Because  It is one of Homey's essential interfaces, so you should give this a lot of care. i wanted to give it a try. 
    Now i'm considering an extra setting to allow you to disable the build-in speech triggers of this app. Would you like that?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I think that should be an option (or even mandatory to get published) in all apps that have speech triggers :)

Because  It is one of Homey's essential interfaces, so you should give this a lot of care. i wanted to give it a try. 
    Now i'm considering an extra setting to allow you to disable the build-in speech triggers of this app. Would you like that?
    @fire69 added it in version 0.3.2 on github. Default setting is *disabled*.
  • I understand that speech is important, and I do want to use speech, but I want to choose the triggers myself. I agree with Fire69, that it should be an option to enable/disable the default speech-triggers in all apps (and in Homey's core).

So, thank you very much for adding this option to your great app!  :)