This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] GPS-Trace App (0.4.0)

1235»

Comments

• I had the app disabled for the winter, but just enabled it today and started the GPS-device again. Everything still works. No errors in de logs..
  • First of all.....Great APP.....

Tried it in a flow to disable my alarm (built with flows) when I entered the geofence HOME.....but the app consumes so much battery that my phone was dead before arriving home......

Result....no geofence trigger....but more important......no way to disable the alarm...... :s
    Note.....the Alarm works like a charm.... B)

But are there any new insights about conserving battery life on the phone App?
    Using Iphone....

Gr.
  • michel-bosmichel-bos Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi there,

I am puzzled. I downloaded the app. I registered at GPS-trace.com and I can login there. I allready also dowloaded the tracker app on my phone however...

.... if I want to fill in my user data (login and password) in Homey, and I choose "Opslaan/Save" I get the message that I have an invalid username or password.

Any suggestions? I even created a second account, but with the same result. And I really can login at the website of GPS-Trace.com...

Help!
  • Try to remove the app from homey and install it again
  • michel-bosmichel-bos Member
    edited January 2018
    OK, will try that. :-( Didn't work... Created a new account with all Capitols. That worked... 

Don't know why and IF that is the solution though
  • The "address" contains "streetname, cityname". 
    I tried modifying the app to get 2 extra variables: "streetname" and "cityname" (but no succes).

Betterlogic has some capabilities to do some calculations, with numbers (math js).
    Is there a way to create myself 2 extra variables ?
    Lookup the "," -> get position in the string
    extract from first character (of address) until position of ","
    extract from "," until end of string

Or, is someone able to help me adding this functionality to the app?

Thanks to Erik for creating it, btw...

• The "address" contains "streetname, cityname". 
    I tried modifying the app to get 2 extra variables: "streetname" and "cityname" (but no succes).

Betterlogic has some capabilities to do some calculations, with numbers (math js).
    Is there a way to create myself 2 extra variables ?
    Lookup the "," -> get position in the string
    extract from first character (of address) until position of ","
    extract from "," until end of string

Or, is someone able to help me adding this functionality to the app?

Thanks to Erik for creating it, btw...

Hi Yves. Sorry for this very late reaction. But you can get the city and street from the 'position' variable on the device. This variable is available as a token 'Position' (search for it in the flow editor) and contains the city and street in a json object.
    Combined with card A80 of the 'HTTP App flow connector' you can put a value directly into a Better Logic variable