This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• PandaPanda Member
    edited February 2016
    Yep, also ordered a ultimate hub for this haha.

Shoud be delivered in a few days.
  • -Logitech is making big bucks thanks to Homey and @brinkie :smiley: 
  • RobValk said:
    @brinkie Darn, this looks too good. Now you made me order a Harmony Hub :#
    Looking forward to play around with this :)
    Same hore :neutral: Ordered one this morning as well...
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016

:o B)

• On my tv I have to press the input on my remote a couple of times to select the right HDMI input. Is it possible to do this with the Harmony Hub since with the Homey I can't get this to work?

I'm thinking about the following scenes

Watch television:
    First switch the TV to channel 1 (so it always begins at the same start point) followed by 4 times the button input. Switch on the Horizon mediabox.

Play playstation:
    First switch the TV to channel 1 (so it always begins at the same start point) followed by 6 times the button input. Switch on the playstation 4 (via bluetooth).

Watch a movie:
    First switch the TV to channel 1 (so it always begins at the same start point) followed by 6 times the button input. Switch on the playstation 4 (via bluetooth). Switch on the Logitech Z5500. And if possible also start the Netflix app on the playstation.
  • The Harmony software has a solution for devices with an input selection loop. I've experienced this before with such a TV. You can configure a preset channel in your activity configuration on the Hub as well.

I don't think bluetooth is currently working (anyone?), but the Hub comes with some IR extenders. If you put one next to your PS4, that should work. I think @Fire69 reported it working in a flow.

Currently you can't start the Netflix app on your PS4, but the Harmony Hub app will have support for specific commands (as supported by the device profiles) in the near future.

• You can't turn on a PS4 with Bluetooth, it's a restriction set by Sony.  You can only use your controller to turn it on.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-playstation-4
  • Fire69 said:
    You can't turn on a PS4 with Bluetooth, it's a restriction set by Sony.  You can only use your controller to turn it on.

OK, so also no IR?
  • No built-in IR.

They have a BT remote:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/universal-media-remote-for-playstation-4/

I wonder it that one is able to power on the console? It does have a Power button...
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016

Status update for the next version (v0.3.0) of the Harmony Hub App:

• Make activity on the "Start an activity" flow card selectable by changing the input field type from text to autocomplete.
    • Add a new flow card "Send a command" that can send a command to a specific device.
    • Add a new flow card "Activity changed" that can be used to trigger a flow.

Please note issue #234 is supposed to be fixed in Homey v0.8.21. This release of the Harmony Hub App will first be tested on that version before it's submitted to the AppStore.

• Fire69 said:
    You can't turn on a PS4 with Bluetooth, it's a restriction set by Sony.  You can only use your controller to turn it on.

That's why I've the xbox one hihihi (and still ps3)
    I only want TV and speakers in my livingroom the rest is in cabinet
  • brinkie said:

Status update for the next version (v0.3.0) of the Harmony Hub App:

• Make activity on the "Start an activity" flow card selectable by changing the input field type from text to autocomplete.
    • Add a new flow card "Send a command" that can send a command to a specific device.
    • Add a new flow card "Activity changed" that can be used to trigger a flow.

Please note issue #234 is supposed to be fixed in Homey v0.8.21. This release of the Harmony Hub App will first be tested on that version before it's submitted to the AppStore.

Nice updates! I'll be able to mute my tv by voice then!  :)

Fire69 said:

That's why I've the xbox one hihihi (and still ps3)
    I only want TV and speakers in my livingroom the rest is in cabinet
    Same here.  All my equipment is in the next room.  Fortunately, we only use the PS4 for gaming, so we need to get the controller anyway :)
  • Fire69 said:

Yeah, by saying something like: "Hey Homey, shut it!"

Let's hope he doesn't misunderstand you and never speaks again :smiley:

• brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

Yeah, by saying something like: "Hey Homey, shut it!"

Let's hope he doesn't misunderstand you and never speaks again :smiley:

:p 
  • PandaPanda Member
    Received my Harmony Ultimate hub today, works very well with Homey, however is doesn't show autocomplete activities but that is a bug in Homey if I'm correct.

This is going to be very cool when speech will work flawlessly 
  • Panda said:
    Received my Harmony Ultimate hub today, works very well with Homey, however is doesn't show autocomplete activities but that is a bug in Homey if I'm correct.

This is going to be very cool when speech will work flawlessly 
    Actually autocomplete for activities is not in the current version of the App yet due to a bug in Homey. The bug is supposed to be fixed in v0.8.21, so the App will be updated soon after that version is released. 
  • If you have a harmony hub with the remote with the touchscreen, if you than activate an activity via this app and you pick up the remote this activity is then also 'active' on the remote? So that the hub and the remote are always in sync even if the activity is not started via them?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Julian said:
    If you have a harmony hub with the remote with the touchscreen, if you than activate an activity via this app and you pick up the remote this activity is then also 'active' on the remote? So that the hub and the remote are always in sync even if the activity is not started via them?
    Yes, that is the case my friend! Actually also the Logitech Harmony mobile app on your smartphone is automatically kept in sync. :)
  • Great! I can understand that the app is in sync (the way I see it is that the app just 'logs in' on the hub) but for the remote you also need some sort of two way communication and that would seem more difficult for me. This will make a great user experience because you just shout to Homey to start an activity and you can handle the rest via the remote (eg when you want to watch a movie).  
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    Julian said:
    Great! I can understand that the app is in sync (the way I see it is that the app just 'logs in' on the hub) but for the remote you also need some sort of two way communication and that would seem more difficult for me. This will make a great user experience because you just shout to Homey to start an activity and you can handle the rest via the remote (eg when you want to watch a movie).  
    The hub connoisseurs commicates with the tenor remote. If an activity Is started through Homey it is also started on the remote.
  • Phuturist said:
    Julian said:
    Great! I can understand that the app is in sync (the way I see it is that the app just 'logs in' on the hub) but for the remote you also need some sort of two way communication and that would seem more difficult for me. This will make a great user experience because you just shout to Homey to start an activity and you can handle the rest via the remote (eg when you want to watch a movie).  
    The hub connoisseurs commicates with the tenor remote. If an activity Is started through Homey it is also started on the remote.
    Autocorrect? :smile: 
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:
    Julian said:
    Autocorrect? :smile: 
    Autocorrect and some boose at play, sorry about that. But the message seems clear enough ... :+1: 
  • Phuturist said:
    Autocorrect and some boose at play, sorry about that. But the message seems clear enough ... :+1: 
    Lol! Cheers  ;)
  • Hmm, I also backed NEEO, I believe there are a number of people here that also backed this remote. Hopefully this same functionality will be also possible for NEEO (when it ever arrives and if somebody can program a Homey app in due time :smile: ).
  • Announcement

The blocking issue for the next release of the Harmony Hub App (#234) is confirmed to be fixed in 0.8.20. I'll publish an update to the App sometime tonight.

• Yesssss great news!
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016

Announcement

Version 0.3.0 of the Harmony Hub App (v0.1.0) has been submitted for approval. It contains the following features:

• Made activity on the "Start an activity" flow card selectable by changing the input field type from text to autocomplete.
    • Added a new flow card "Send a command" that can send a command to a specific device.

Example flow

I'm very much looking forward to your feedback! Feel free to comment here in this thread.

• Lol, wrong copy-paste? :wink: 
  • Fire69 said:
    Lol, wrong copy-paste? :wink: 
    Tnx ;)
  • definitely will try this new version tonight and give some (positive) feedback :smile: