This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    Running 0.8.20 now ;-)
    Unfortunately the issue isn't fixed in that version (at least not the experimental build). I just update to v0.8.20 and tested it myself. I reported it in the given version's thread.
  • Hi Brinkie

You can do a reset (turn homey upside down) after that experimental updates are unchecked again
    After reset you get the option to load settings or to start clean
  • Hi Brinkie

You can do a reset (turn homey upside down) after that experimental updates are unchecked again
    After reset you get the option to load settings or to start clean
    Thanks!
  • Sneak peak of the next version of the app:

:

• Very nice Brinkie

Question do you get the voicetraining to work? 
    I'm wondering why it is not working for me (thinking of network issue but not sure) tried almost every wireless setting 
  • Looking good @brinkie ! :smile: 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    Very nice Brinkie

Question do you get the voicetraining to work? 
    I'm wondering why it is not working for me (thinking of network issue but not sure) tried almost every wireless setting 
    I trained my voice, yes. I use the default voice Brian. For my flow settings, check an earlier post in this thread:

brinkie said:
    I have working triggers now for several activities: watch TV (contains 'TV'), listen to radio (contains 'radio'), watch chromecast (contains 'cast') and everything off (contains 'off'). I think it works about 60% of the time, which is not bad, I guess.
  • But it will be in the future and then you can't go back :tongue: 
  • Q-BiCQ-BiC Member
    edited February 2016
    Looking forward to getting my Homey and using this app :)

Question: do you think it will be possible to send individual commands to arbitrary devices?
    What I'm thinking is, for example getting Homey to pause tv/netflix when an event occurs.

What about polling a device state? ("Is PS3 on?") Doesn't have to poll the actual PS3, just the Harmony Hub (i.o.w. "what activity is active?"), but not sure if there's an API call for that.
  • Want to order a harmony hub but witch one do you advise me the harmony hub or the harmony ultimate hub
  • JonJon Member
    edited February 2016
    They seem to be quite the same, @TarikFaik. See the first few pages of this thread for some more on this issue. I have purchased a few days ago a Ultimate hub (the serial number ending on ...101) which does everything I want, including control over my game console (wii). 
    The only thing it doesn't do is RF but I am uncertain if there's a hub that has the hardware for that... 
  • @Jon ;
    Then i'am gone take the ultimate 
  • wat bedoelen ze met Aantal bediende apparaten 8 kan ik maar 8 apparaten bedienen?
  • Guess so yes. I control a Wii, beamer/projector, TV, robot cleaner, soundbar, DVD player, receiver, that would be 7. I haven't tried up to the max though. 
  • Oh and by the way, Amazon.de has good 'used' deals for it. Got mine for 62 euros including shipment. 
  • @Jon that taks to nog want it today max tomorrow hahaha
  • TarikFaik said:
    @Jon that taks to nog want it today max tomorrow hahaha
    Had to read that a couple of times  :p

Today will be difficult, tomorrow should work, but it will cost you  :D
  • Toch maar de Harmony hub gekocht die werkt met nest
  • Welcome to the Harmony club  B)
  • Yep welcome!
    I was impressed from day one and still am, had a pronto before but nothing beats a logitech harmony ;-)
    I hoped homey was coming close but for now they are still miles away

And the best homey thing for me at the moment is the Harmony App thanks to brinkie
  • Yep welcome!
    I was impressed from day one and still am, had a pronto before but nothing beats a logitech harmony ;-)
    I hoped homey was coming close but for now they are still miles away

And the best homey thing for me at the moment is the Harmony App thanks to brinkie
    <3  
  • TarikFaikTarikFaik Member
    edited February 2016
    I set it up from my notebook and its stock now for 5 min on 95%

Harmony works now
  • TarikFaik said:
    Depends on your definition of new. I believe it was introduced about half a year ago.
  • Hi Brinkie,

I had a few things with my setup (all fixed)

1.Turn off all devices was not working --> fix was to use also the hub/blaster and not only remote
    2. One activity was not working --> fix remove space (TV kijken -> TV)
    3. two device were using IR from remote only and because of that were not working in activities--> fix move blaster from ser to livingroom (TV and Curtains)

So all my harmony activities are working still rating 5/5
     When can I test the new version with devices?
  • Hi Brinkie,

I had a few things with my setup (all fixed)

1.Turn off all devices was not working --> fix was to use also the hub/blaster and not only remote
    2. One activity was not working --> fix remove space (TV kijken -> TV)
    3. two device were using IR from remote only and because of that were not working in activities--> fix move blaster from ser to livingroom (TV and Curtains)

So all my harmony activities are working still rating 5/5
     When can I test the new version with devices?

Good to hear!

Unfortunately the next version of the app won't be released until v0.8.21 is at least in "experimental" release. There is a bug in autocomplete arguments for driver flow cards, that prevents the new cards from working on v0.8.20 (and earlier). We'll just have to have a little more patience I guess...

• TarikFaik said:
    wat bedoelen ze met Aantal bediende apparaten 8 kan ik maar 8 apparaten bedienen?
    The hub has a limit of 8 devices, when used on its own. But when paired with a Harmony Touch or Harmony 950 (Elite), this limit is raised to 15. Right now I have 10 out of those 15 in use...
  • @brinkie Darn, this looks too good. Now you made me order a Harmony Hub :#
    Looking forward to play around with this :)
  • RobValk said:
    @brinkie Darn, this looks too good. Now you made me order a Harmony Hub :#
    Looking forward to play around with this :)
    Sorry about that ;)