This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited October 2016
    All on/off or selective? 
    I would love a list that you can check/uncheck! :) 
  • +1 for list
  • Kodi app can not connect with Kodi  on  Mini-x mediaplayer. 
    IP adress is correct and port is 9090. wat to do?

2016-10-13T11:05:45.376Z"Trying to reconnect"
    2016-10-13T11:05:45.388Z"Stil cannot reconnect: " {"code":"ECONNREFUSED","errno":"ECONNREFUSED","syscall":"connect","address":"192.168.1.68","port":9090}
    2016-10-13T11:05:55.392Z"Trying to reconnect"

• Dunno if this has been reported yet (and I am not able to search this thread for it thanks to the forums searchengine):

When I add a second Kodi in a different room both are not working (all related flows don't trigger anymore)
  • Kritjuu said:
    Kodi app can not connect with Kodi  on  Mini-x mediaplayer. 

2016-10-13T11:05:45.388Z"Stil cannot reconnect: " {"code":"ECONNREFUSED","errno":"ECONNREFUSED","syscall":"connect","address":"192.168.1.68","port":9090}

Did you enable 'allow remote devices to control kodi' as suggested in the installation instructions?
  • Peao said:
    Dunno if this has been reported yet (and I am not able to search this thread for it thanks to the forums searchengine):

When I add a second Kodi in a different room both are not working (all related flows don't trigger anymore)
    Yep, it's stated in the OP. Multiple devices aren't supported yet. Mostly because the speech parsing of Homey is too experimental to distinguish different devices. This will be added later when the speech recognition is more stable
  • EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:

Did you enable 'allow remote devices to control kodi' as suggested in the installation instructions?
    Yes I did enable that. Homey can not connect.
  • Kritjuu said:
    EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:

Did you make sure you ticked both of the boxes AND did you perform a reboot of Kodi after ticking these boxes?:

• edited October 2016
    For some strange reason, the Kodi app connects to Kodi just fine, in the log I see play / pause and stop events, but the subsequent flows are not triggered (those used to work fine <0.10.x).

I've re-installed the app and the Kodi device (and the flows) but to no avail, what's going on here? smile 

Edit: never mind, found it - totally my own doing (don't be surprised the lights don't dim when the lights aren't on, brainiac).
  • Kodi asks "Which movie" ...

I have been using the Kodi App since it came out. Great stuff!

Yesterday I noticed that - after initiating my Kodi setup via Homey - I get asked which film I would like to play. That is new to me, and not wanted... How do I switch this off?

• Eternity said:

Yesterday I noticed that - after initiating my Kodi setup via Homey - I get asked which film I would like to play. That is new to me, and not wanted... How do I switch this off?

Fire69 said:
    All on/off or selective? 
    I would love a list that you can check/uncheck! :) 
    You're not the only one. :smiley: 
  • Gedeelde smart is halve smart

"A shared Smartie is a half Smartie"
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited October 2016
    With Homey 0.10.7 and Kodi 1.5.0 I experienced the connection issues @Kritjuu metioned.
    Logs state the the app is reconnecting. It was working before.
    I did not change any settings on the Kodi system and am still able to connect and control via the Kodi app.

I tried to re-install the Kodi app.. but I am not able to add a Kodi system to Homey..

Once I press the Save button, nothing noticable happens and after a while the feedback is provided that Homey is offline...

Any idea's how to solve?

See also below console output:

• With Homey 0.10.7 and Kodi 1.5.0 I experienced the connection issues @Kritjuu metioned.
    Logs state the the app is reconnecting. It was working before.
    I did not change any settings on the Kodi system and am still able to connect and control via the Kodi app.

I tried to re-install the Kodi app.. but I am not able to add a Kodi system to Homey..

Once I press the Save button, nothing noticable happens and after a while the feedback is provided that Homey is offline...

Any idea's how to solve?

See also below console output:

Looks like a Homey issue. Is Homey connected to the cloud? There's not really anything I can do about this..
  • Hi,
    Is it possible for you to make a flow card to set the volume of kodi? I now use the  play/pause card whenever I want to tell something to Homey. But if nothing is playing at the moment in kodi it wil play instead of being silent. A volume down and after a couple of seconds a volume up would fix that.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi,
    Is it possible for you to make a flow card to set the volume of kodi? I now use the  play/pause card whenever I want to tell something to Homey. But if nothing is playing at the moment in kodi it wil play instead of being silent. A volume down and after a couple of seconds a volume up would fix that.

greetings,
    Aaron
    Wouldn't it be more logical that you mute your TV/receiver?
  • EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:
    EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:

Did you make sure you ticked both of the boxes AND did you perform a reboot of Kodi after ticking these boxes?:

YES I did
  • Hi Fire69,
    It would if I could ;-)
    But for those who can't this is the next best thing. Its good to have options.

greetings
    Aaron
  • Hi @EvertorN , Is it not possible to make a flow card to change the volume? greetings Aaron
  • EvertorN said:
    With Homey 0.10.7...
    Looks like a Homey issue. Is Homey connected to the cloud? There's not really anything I can do about this..
     :(  Turned out to be a firewall issue... in order to get irtrans to work properly, I had to rename kodi.exe to xbmc.exe
    Which killed the firewall rules... Strange error message though, but I don't expect it to be app related.

Working again properly!  :)
  • Kritjuu said:
    YES I did
    @Kritjuu are you able to connect to and control Kodi on your Mini-x mediaplayer through one of the iOS or Android Kodi remote control apps (like Kodi remote on iOS)?
  • Aaron said:
    Hi @EvertorN , Is it not possible to make a flow card to change the volume? greetings Aaron
    Yea mate it is.. Started playing around with it, should be able to get it to work. I've been a bit busy lately, spring has finally started here in Australia, so you can imagine I'd rather go outside and enjoy the beaches and the sun :)
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited November 2016
    Kritjuu said:
    YES I did
    @Kritjuu are you able to connect to and control Kodi on your Mini-x mediaplayer through one of the iOS or Android Kodi remote control apps (like Kodi remote on iOS)?
    This is not necessarily a good way to check whether it works. All the apps use HTTP instead of TCP to communicate with Kodi. The Kodi app for Homey uses TCP. Ticking those two boxes + REBOOTING KODI AFTERWARDS (!) should do the trick. Otherwise, try to see if you can setup a TCP connection from a Windows PC using Powershell for example (plenty of examples on Google) to see if you can setup a connection to Kodi.. I don't know anything about the mini x player, but could it be a firewall on the mini x player blocking incoming connections on 9090? The error clearly states CONNECTION REFUSED (not cannot connect)
  • Hi @EvertorN ,
    Cool, no hurry but it is nice to know that it is possible and that you are already playing with it.
    Enjoy the sun, we only have rain at the moment  B)

Aaron
  • EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:
    YES I did
    This is not necessarily a good way to check whether it works. All the apps use HTTP instead of TCP to communicate with Kodi. The Kodi app for Homey uses TCP. Ticking those two boxes + REBOOTING KODI AFTERWARDS (!) should do the trick. Otherwise, try to see if you can setup a TCP connection from a Windows PC using Powershell for example (plenty of examples on Google) to see if you can setup a connection to Kodi.. I don't know anything about the mini x player, but could it be a firewall on the mini x player blocking incoming connections on 9090? The error clearly states CONNECTION REFUSED (not cannot connect)
    In case Google is broken, here's an example of using Windows PowerShell:

PS C:\> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName 192.168.0.164 -Port 9090

ComputerName     : 192.168.0.164
    RemoteAddress    : 192.168.0.164
    RemotePort       : 9090
    InterfaceAlias   : vEthernet (WiFi)
    SourceAddress    : 192.168.0.102
    TcpTestSucceeded : True

TcpTestSucceeded should respond True. And your Kodi's IP address may not be 192.168.0.164 :smile: 

• Uploaded v.1.6.0 to Github:
    - New action card: Mute
    - New action card: Unmute

Could you guys have a quick test to see if you run into anything unexpected?

@Aaron Does this help with your issue? ;)
  • Wow! Great. Did you submitted it to the store? Otherwise I wil try my first install from github  :)

thanks
    Greetings
    Aaron
  • Nope not yet, I'd always like a few techy users to test it straight from github to see if it works for everyone before pushing an update 
  • Seems to work as expected :)
  • Hi,
    I have tried to install the app from github but I did not succeed. I am on a mac, does anyone have a step by step how to install apps from github on my Homey?

thanks in advance.
    greetings,
    Aaron