This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Aaron said:
    Hi,
    I have tried to install the app from github but I did not succeed. I am on a mac, does anyone have a step by step how to install apps from github on my Homey?

thanks in advance.
    greetings,
    Aaron 
    App is pending approval ;)

• I wil wait!!!  :) :)
    Thanks

Aaron
  • Version 1.6.0 has been released to the app store!
  • Great installing it now! many thanks
  • Received error: Something went wrong, please try again.

But seems to be installed okay (it's showing 1.6.0 now)
  • same here, Error but 1.6 installed.

• Thanks EvertorN, I will try it when I get home.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Works like a charm! Thnx.

Aaron
  • sonnysonny Member
    edited November 2016
  • sonnysonny Member
    edited November 2016
    Can you may be make something like the Philips hue in kodi both with mi light or xiaomi lights in homey I think the xiaomi is the better choice it has the same colour's  as the Philips hue
    That would be super cool
  • sonny said:
    Can you may be make something like the Philips hue in kodi both with mi light or xiaomi lights in homey I think the xiaomi is the better choice it has the same colour's  as the Philips hue
    That would be super cool
    You should look into Hyperion for this. There is also an Homey app for Hyperion.
  • sonny said:
    That would be super cool
    I really like this idea. I had a chat with Emile about the plausibility. Currently, it is not possible for an app to directly communicate with external devices (e.g. for the Kodi app to control the colour of lights). The only way would be to fire a flow event every second and have you configure which lamps need to change colour:
    Example:
    WHEN: 'Kodi lamp colour changed' (with a tag that identifies the colour)
    THEN: Change colour of the lamp to <colour>

Apparently, there is at least a 500ms lag when using the flow editor, so gotta try and see if this gives you the desired effect. There's quite some work involved to get this working since I would need to write a plugin for Kodi that sends a colour to the Kodi app for Homey, but happy to give it a shot.
  • Hi @EvertorN ;
    Have you ever thought of controlling the kodi volume with Homey? I am using the Airplay app to stream my radio stations to kodi. This works perfectly. And when I want to say something to Homey kodi mutes (thanks to your addition to the kodi app :smiley: ). The next step would be to lower or raise the volume to a certain level or by steps. Like: ok Homey, put the volume of kodi to 50%. Or: ok Homey, raise the volume of kodi. 

Greetings,
    Aaron
  • Hi All

I have a problem, can anybody tested. I have a flow, when a movie starts homey says, enjoy the movie (title). So here comes the problem homey says everytime and dont stopped, only the wall plug out helps. I tested everything i deactivated kodi and activated, uninstall and install kodi, allways same problem with the latest homey software. Thanks for help.
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited December 2016
    I have about a week now problems with this app. I have a flow that when a movie start all lights go off. But its not working anymore. The only thing what can fix this, is that i disable the kodi app and wait 10 sec and turn it on again.

What can this be? 
  • @olive @reemster
    Im on holidays at the moment, so I haven't had the time to test my app with the latest homey firmware. I think I know what's causing olive's issue, but I don't have time to fix this for at least another 5 weeks..

@reemster your issue might be a connectivity issue. The app should automatically reconnect after this happens. Could you please look at the log via de kodi settings and see what's happening? So activate the app, trigger the flow and make sure that it works. Trigger it again so it doesn't work. Then post both logs here so I can have a look at it. 

@aaron will add this in the next version 
  • @EvertorN ;
    Cool, thanks!
  • EvertorN said:
    @olive @reemster
    Im on holidays at the moment, so I haven't had the time to test my app with the latest homey firmware. I think I know what's causing olive's issue, but I don't have time to fix this for at least another 5 weeks..

@reemster your issue might be a connectivity issue. The app should automatically reconnect after this happens. Could you please look at the log via de kodi settings and see what's happening? So activate the app, trigger the flow and make sure that it works. Trigger it again so it doesn't work. Then post both logs here so I can have a look at it. 

@aaron will add this in the next version 
    Everton no stress, nice holiday. :)
  • EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    - Not necessary to add artist or album here.. This is just for the trigger. So a function 'playMusic' gets triggered by 'speel muziek', then I can check whether the user wants to search for an artist (speel muziek van artiest) or genre (speel muziek van genre) by looking at the total transcript (=what the user said).
    My question wasn't clear.  I didn't mean for you to add something, but the user by voice
    So apparently you already implemented it the way I'd like it to be 

For music you could maybe add the party mode, so Kodi starts playing random songs.
    Ah okay. Well currently only searching by artist is supported. I will add genre later . Party mode is also a very nice idea!
    @EvertorN @Fire69 
      I've created a flow to play music: The startup receiver and mediaplayer. Most of the time I ask Homey to play music of a artist. Now I've found a solution to start: PARTY MODE.

HTTP GET action card:
    http://[KODI_IP_ADDRESS]/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22Player.Open%22,%20%22params%22:%20{%22item%22:%20{%20%22partymode%22:%20%22music%22%20}%20},%22id%22:1}
  • Kritjuu said:
    EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:
    EvertorN said:
    Kritjuu said:
    Kodi app can not connect with Kodi  on  Mini-x mediaplayer. 
    IP adress is correct and port is 9090. wat to do?

2016-10-13T11:05:45.376Z"Trying to reconnect"
    2016-10-13T11:05:45.388Z"Stil cannot reconnect: " {"code":"ECONNREFUSED","errno":"ECONNREFUSED","syscall":"connect","address":"192.168.1.68","port":9090}
    2016-10-13T11:05:55.392Z"Trying to reconnect"

Did you enable 'allow remote devices to control kodi' as suggested in the installation instructions?
    Yes I did enable that. Homey can not connect.
    Did you make sure you ticked both of the boxes AND did you perform a reboot of Kodi after ticking these boxes?:

YES I did
    I had the same issue that it didnt connect.. But if you go to the UPNP and enable Allow remote control via upnp it should work.
  • Hi,

I just started tinkering with your Kodi app this week.. and after a lot of trial and error it works great, so thanks a lot!
    However, I do run into a little bit of a problem. I created flows on starting, stopping, pausing and resuming Kodi where every flow tells me what's happening (e.g. speak: Kodi resume). This works perfectly, but I have notices that with every action I do on Kodi the corresponding command is spoken twice! After some testing I can only conclude that the flows are triggered twice for every 1 command on Kodi. 
    Also, when starting a show\movie both the Starting and Resume action are triggered (and both twice).. leading to a very talkative Homey where Kodi is concerned.

Anyone else having the same problems? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    DenW
  • Well, not with Kodi but other "talking" flows a experiece the 'double speech' a lot, too!
  • luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited January 2017
    DenW said:
    Hi,

I just started tinkering with your Kodi app this week.. and after a lot of trial and error it works great, so thanks a lot!
    However, I do run into a little bit of a problem. I created flows on starting, stopping, pausing and resuming Kodi where every flow tells me what's happening (e.g. speak: Kodi resume). This works perfectly, but I have notices that with every action I do on Kodi the corresponding command is spoken twice! After some testing I can only conclude that the flows are triggered twice for every 1 command on Kodi. 
    Also, when starting a show\movie both the Starting and Resume action are triggered (and both twice).. leading to a very talkative Homey where Kodi is concerned.

Anyone else having the same problems? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    DenW
    Want to share some screenshots of your flows? :)
  • If I remember correctly, this is caused by a limitation in Kodi.
    Play and Resume, Stop and Pause, both are 'transmitted' as the same event, so if you have flows for both, they will trigger both.
  • Are kodi conditions also possible? Like if the movie is on pause, etc.. 
  • @DenW
    Nah this shouldn't happen. The only overlapping events are
    - 'Movie start'  and 'TV show start'  (overlaps with 'something starts playing') 
    -' Movie stop' and 'TV show stop'  (overlaps with generic stop event) 

Only time I experienced this was when I had added a device twice by accident.. Make sure to check your devices and make sure 1 device is added. If that is already the case, do the following to make the app starts *fresh*
    - edit your current device, type in the same IP and press ok
    - reboot homey (or alternatively, disable the kodi app and re-enable) 

If this still doesn't work, please share your flows and your logs

• Reemster said:
    Are kodi conditions also possible? Like if the movie is on pause, etc.. 
    I think so.. I will be back from holidays next week, so definitely planning to do some dev work soon. I will add it to the list of features to implement
  • EvertorN said:
    @DenW
    Nah this shouldn't happen. The only overlapping events are
    - 'Movie start'  and 'TV show start'  (overlaps with 'something starts playing') 
    -' Movie stop' and 'TV show stop'  (overlaps with generic stop event) 

Well, at least I was partially right :tongue:
  • EvertorN said:
    If that is already the case, do the following to make the app starts *fresh*
    - edit your current device, type in the same IP and press ok
    - reboot homey (or alternatively, disable the kodi app and re-enable) 
    That did the trick. Now flows are triggered only once.
    Thanks for the help!

By the way.. any timeline on supporting multiple Kodi devices? Or can I add more than 1 device already?
    I have a second one on order and would love to integrate it with Homey also.

Thanks again!
    DenW