This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    Awesome, thanks a lot! :smile: 

So why is there no flow trigger for just play?
    Because I haven't implemented it yet!  :)
    lol!  :D

Any ETA for a next release? :smile: 
  • Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    Awesome, thanks a lot! :smile: 

So why is there no flow trigger for just play?
    Because I haven't implemented it yet!  :)
    lol!  :D

Any ETA for a next release? :smile: 
    Whenever I find the time to sit down for an hour :). That 'trigger on play anything' shouldn't be too hard to implement.. So might add that add that when I've got a couple of minutes.. But then again, no promises.
  • Uploaded 1.5.0 with an extra flow trigger:
    - When kodi plays anything

This triggers a flow when any playback on Kodi is started..

(PS: Have fun @Fire69 :))
  • EvertorN said:
    Uploaded 1.5.0 with an extra flow trigger:

Hello Everton

Thanks for your hard work in your free time and for the great update! Is it possible to make a trigger when any movie/music is started and then press stop or pause. Thanks
  • EvertorN said:

Superduper! Thanks a lot!! 
  • EvertorN said:

Nice, this saves me an extra flow ... :+1: 
  • olive said:
    EvertorN said:

Hello Everton

Thanks for your hard work in your free time and for the great update! Is it possible to make a trigger when any movie/music is started and then press stop or pause. Thanks
    Sorry Everton, forget it i need glasses
  • Nice!
  • Alrighty guys.. Added some new features to 1.5.0 (@ Github). This is the full changelog:
    - Added flow trigger 'if anything starts playing'
    - Added flow action 'play music by artist xx'
    - Homey now responds to question "Any new movies?" (Zijn er nieuwe films?)
    - Homey now responds to question "Any new episodes?") (Zijn er nieuwe afleveringen?)
    The number of days to consider a movie/episode as new can be configured through the app settings. Default value is 7, which means that every movie / episode that has been added in the past 7 days will be mentioned when you ask Homey about new movies / episodes.

Could you guys test this and report back?

@Fire69 @Phuturist @nklerk ;
  • When I use 'nieuwe films' I don't get a response.
    Log shows this:

Can't test the 'anything starts playing' right now, my daughter is watching a movie  :p
  • @Fire69 Hm that's  weird.. Didn't really test Dutch myself to be honest , English is working fine.. What happens after you explicitly save the setting for "number of days" in the settings menu and then try "new movies" again? 
  • That solved it :)

I'll try the 'play anything' trigger tonight.
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited September 2016
    Fire69 said:
    That solved it

I'll try the 'play anything' trigger tonight.
    Thanks for checking. I think I have a problem in assigned a default value when there's no setting available.. I will look into that tonight

EDIT: Fixed and pushed to git
  • v 1.5.0 has been publised in the app store!
  • Coooool!
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2016
    Got a question. First i used Kodi and had several flows to set my var in BL seperated by movie / serie. So when movie starts set Kodi true / when serie starts set Kodi true and that also for pause etcetera. Now there is the "Kodi starts playing something" and "Kodi resumes playing" but i tested it last night and they work but the "Kodi starts playing something" and "Kodi resumes playing" both got trigger after resuming movie/serie as i tested this last night to start using it in a new setup. 

Info:
    Homey is on 0.10
    Kodi is on 1.5.0

These are my both test flows now with the new cards:

Kodi starts playing

Kodi resumes playing

Notifcations after a pause both flows got triggered: 

• Got a question. First i used Kodi and had several flows to set my var in BL seperated by movie / serie. So when movie starts set Kodi true / when serie starts set Kodi true and that also for pause etcetera. Now there is the "Kodi starts playing something" and "Kodi resumes playing" but i tested it last night and they work but the "Kodi starts playing something" and "Kodi resumes playing" both got trigger after resuming movie/serie as i tested this last night to start using it in a new setup. 

Info:
    Homey is on 0.10
    Kodi is on 1.5.0

These are my both test flows now with the new cards:

Kodi starts playing

Kodi resumes playing

Notifcations after a pause both flows got triggered: 

Yep, that's working as designed. 'Something starts playing' has been added recently because some users (myself included) didn't really care whether a movie or tv show started playing, they just wanted their lights to turn off for example. So either:
    - Use the triggers 'resume', 'movie start' and 'episode start' if you want specific controls
    - Use the triggers 'something starts playing' if you're not interested in the difference between a movie, an episode or whether someone clicked resume.
  • While on the subject, which trigger is best to bring the house lights back up when anything (episode or movie) stops playing? As in, Kodi reached the end of the file?
  • While on the subject, which trigger is best to bring the house lights back up when anything (episode or movie) stops playing? As in, Kodi reached the end of the file?
    Kodi has been stopped / Kodi is gestopt. This is a generic stop event that gets triggered when playback is stopped. If you want to be be more specific (e.g. because you want to send a tweet about the movie you just watched), then I'd advise to use 'A movie has stopped'. For 'actions' like turning on the light, just use the 'stop' event.
  • EvertorN said:
    Yep, that's working as designed. 'Something starts playing' has been added recently because some users (myself included) didn't really care whether a movie or tv show started playing, they just wanted their lights to turn off for example. So either:
    - Use the triggers 'resume', 'movie start' and 'episode start' if you want specific controls
    - Use the triggers 'something starts playing' if you're not interested in the difference between a movie, an episode or whether someone clicked resume.
    What i did in above, i started a movie/serie, paused it and then resumed it at the end stopped it. All are working good except started and resumed both got triggered after a pause but resumed don't get triggered when i start a movie/serie. So i see them as two different card but start also triggers when a movie / serie is paused and resumes. 

Yes like you said i first had Start movie / start serie and that also for pause / stop but because i don't tweet about it or something the flow is only used to trigger other flows or to block other flows from running.
  • Misschien stom dat ik het vraag, maar kan iemand mij uitleggen waarom de Kodi app bijna 16MB is? De rest van mijn apps zitten qua mb's veel lager namelijk, dus vroeg het mij zo af. 
  • Heb ik me ook al afgevraagd, maar het is zeker niet de enige app  :)
    Waarschijnlijk maken ze gebruik van een extra module of zo?
  • Let's translate the question for our foreign friends.
    "Why is the Kodi app nearly 16MB?"

This is due to the fact that I use a Kodi library that has a lot of dependencies to other libraries that have dependencies to other libraries etcetc. There is A LOT of functionality involved in the Kodi app, so you can imagine I'm using quite some libraries to make life a bit easier, hence the large size.
  • wingiewingie Member
    edited October 2016
    @EvertorN with the new homey version 0.10.1 my flow is triggered twice if I pause a serie. Homey says "homey is gepauzereerd" and then again the same text this was working before 0.10 do you know if this is due to triggering changes on the api so fixable by you or is this a problem within homey?

4/10: Update it's fixed with 0.10.2
  • @EvertorN another question, i wake my kodi device up with the wake on lan function /app and the boot time that my intel nucs takes (via the network with a image PXE) a couple of seconds longer than your app tries to get the name of the serie/movie and start too look it up in my library. So each time i get the error " kon het apparaat niet vinden ", is there a possibility to add a looking for kodi function with a time out of say 20 seconds (configurable in the settings of kodi app)? 
  • wingie said:
    @EvertorN another question, i wake my kodi device up with the wake on lan function /app and the boot time that my intel nucs takes (via the network with a image PXE) a couple of seconds longer than your app tries to get the name of the serie/movie and start too look it up in my library. So each time i get the error " kon het apparaat niet vinden ", is there a possibility to add a looking for kodi function with a time out of say 20 seconds (configurable in the settings of kodi app)? 
    This is already built in, only I use a 10 sec delay for this. It's probably just bad timing.. 

How do you ask Homey to play a movie? By speech? or do you use a flow to wake up kodi and then play something using an action card? 
  • EvertorN said:
    wingie said:
    @EvertorN another question, i wake my kodi device up with the wake on lan function /app and the boot time that my intel nucs takes (via the network with a image PXE) a couple of seconds longer than your app tries to get the name of the serie/movie and start too look it up in my library. So each time i get the error " kon het apparaat niet vinden ", is there a possibility to add a looking for kodi function with a time out of say 20 seconds (configurable in the settings of kodi app)? 
    This is already built in, only I use a 10 sec delay for this. It's probably just bad timing.. 

How do you ask Homey to play a movie? By speech? or do you use a flow to wake up kodi and then play something using an action card? 
    I ask homey by speech (see screenshot)

• wingie said:
    EvertorN said:
    wingie said:

I ask homey by speech (see screenshot)

So let me get this straight. This flow interferes with the default speech command 'speel film' of Kodi on purpose? This is not going to work with this setup unfortunately. Maybe you can use the action card 'play movie' in your flow and pass the [text] token.. The kodi app does a 'fuzzy lookup' so it should be able to find the movie even though the [text] contains 'speel film'. However, there is a threshold on the match. Give it a go and test it via the speech-input manager when your Kodi is asleep and by using 'speel film xxxx'.

Another thing. Do you really need to turn the TV on and set the output to HDMI2? If  your TV supports HDMI CEC it should automatically turn on when you start playing something on Kodi..
  • I have a 'film kijken' flow also, I use it for my Harmony.  I don't want to change the words because it's just the most logical thing to say when we want the tv to turn on and switch to my Kodi.
    I suppose that's why you chose those words also :pensive: 
    The flow doesn't really interfere with the build in voice command.  It just executes both.  My tv turns on thanks to Harmony and Homey asks me what movie I want to watch thanks to your app.
    Still wished we could select what build in commands are enabled/disabled though, but that is something for Athom to get straight :)

Concerning your remark about CEC, I hate it! I disabled it on all my devices, because that really does interfere when 1 device doesn't follow the rules...
  • I could implement a setting that allows you to disable built in voice commands of the Kodi app, if anyone is interested?