This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Tried it on my wifes Samsung S5 mini and also the same crashe(s).
    Crash report on its way!
  • App still crashing faster then i can blink.
    When app is active and my phone locks. 
    I unlock it and the app crashes.

Sending the crash logs.

Sony Xperia z5, android 6
  • @superice I've created a second user in Homey for my wife. She can log in on the my.athom website but in the app she keeps getting invalid credentials
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited May 2016
    No issues here! Works great @superice ;

Edit Whoops. Issue: I get confirmation cards but no options on my huawei honor 6 with recent android.

• superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    If I'm right superice said the device loading issue should be fixed with .35 and app crashes not. 

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22996/#Comment_22996

My homey is updating to .35 so I can  test within a few minutes if crashes are gone with . 35

Also with .35 app crashes and send a few crash reports. 

Notifications still not working with .35 and 2.1-45
    I have no clue what is wrong with your devices... I have tested this extensively, and just can't reproduce it. Anyway, I'll look into the crash reports begin next week and I'll try to improve stuff for you. Very odd.
    .35 and latest android build, samsung s7 edge, no notifications and app crashing also
  • Samsung S4, notifications works, morse code works  B)
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited May 2016
    The notifications works here only on my wife´s phone. If I select a mobile device in the card, there is text by the owner `android device` by my wife´s phone there stands the type of her phone. We have the same phones with the same android version. Has anybody else seen this problem?
  • mbalik79 said:
    The notifications works here only on my wife´s phone. If I select a mobile device in the card, there is text by the owner `android device` by my wife´s phone there stands the type of her phone. We have the same phones with the same android version. Has anybody else seen this problem?
    Yes, remove app settings of the Homey app and login again. My name is twice in the list but I can send push notifications again, jeej
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited May 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    Yes, remove app settings of the Homey app and login again. My name is twice in the list but I can send push notifications again, jeej
    I uninstalled the app on my phone. Then I installed it again and login with athom account. Still there is in the card "android device" and it not receives notifications

.....and 10 minutes later it works..pff I am going to sleep. Thanks for the help!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    Here a similar problem;
    My phone is noted as "android device", my wifes phone is noted as "Just me :wink: " and only my wifes phone receives notifications......

Looks like a reproducible thingie. 
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    If I'm right superice said the device loading issue should be fixed with .35 and app crashes not. 

My homey is updating to .35 so I can  test within a few minutes if crashes are gone with . 35

I have no clue what is wrong with your devices... I have tested this extensively, and just can't reproduce it. Anyway, I'll look into the crash reports begin next week and I'll try to improve stuff for you. Very odd.
    .35 and latest android build, samsung s7 edge, no notifications and app crashing also
    Ditto. Crash on first attempt to start then it loads but no notifications on my N5X with 6.0.1
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I removed all my z-wave devices from Homey.
    Finally the app started showing my other devices... Unfortunately, it's pretty useless to me this way.  :/
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Fire69 ;
    Did you have any Z-Wave Wall Plug(s) as a device?
    If so leave these ones out, they give a lot of trouble (atleast for me) at the moment.
  • MarcoF said:
    mbalik79 said:
    Here a similar problem;
    My phone is noted as "android device", my wifes phone is noted as "Just me :wink: " and only my wifes phone receives notifications......

Looks like a reproducible thingie. 
    Almost the same see: 
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/637 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    Fire69 said:
    I removed all my z-wave devices from Homey.
    Finally the app started showing my other devices... Unfortunately, it's pretty useless to me this way. 
    I would start adding devices and see what happens. I have one zwave-sensor and that's showing up... Perhaps it's a specific device? Or a max number of devices?
  • edited May 2016
    I have one light controllable via the (Homey) android app on s6 edge, works fine, thanks Athom!
  • WebsterWebster Member
    Is it possible to make the app compatible for tablet

i have a tablet on the first floor now in use for the fibaro but i want to use it for homey so i can use the always listen function and control the lights upstairs
  • casedacaseda Member
    The app is compatible for tablets?
    The cards do get a little bit big though, but it works.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    caseda said:
    @Fire69 ;
    Did you have any Z-Wave Wall Plug(s) as a device?
    If so leave these ones out, they give a lot of trouble (atleast for me) at the moment.
    Nope, just Fibaro motion sensors and relays.

Lost hours yesterday trying to remove those devices in a clean way and adding them back to my other controller...
    I'm fed up with Homey for now, don't have the courage to put any more hours in it.
    I'm unplugging it and we'll see in a couple of weeks/months...  :|
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:

Any news? :neutral: 

O and please help the others to, reading the post I'm not the only one with troubles......

[edit]
    So, just send another ~10 crash reports.
  • btwvince said:
    @superice I've created a second user in Homey for my wife. She can log in on the my.athom website but in the app she keeps getting invalid credentials
    @superice  is this a known problem? She has te latest update and cannot login into the app. It all works for my.athom.com
  • Will the app be compatible with the Android TV? Would be nice to operate homey from my TV!
  • skylabskylab Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:

Same here with latest versions on homey/app using s7 edge.
  • S6 edge is having some stability issues with the Homey app aswell. Crashed 7 times this week. But it could be due to some energy-saving setting preventing Homey from doing something.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Is Geofencing already working? This evening I tried with both household Android phone to set a fake GPS location at 5 km from the house and none of the presence flows reacted.

[edit]
    After more playing around and multiple app crashes on both Android phones I throw the towel.....
    Also very strange(and a bit annoying) that the last almost 10 days there were no news and/or release of the Android app or better said a reaction of @Athom on the crash matter.
  • MarcoF said:
    Is Geofencing already working? This evening I tried with both household Android phone to set a fake GPS location at 5 km from the house and none of the presence flows reacted.

[edit]
    After more playing around and multiple app crashes on both Android phones I throw the towel.....
    Also very strange(and a bit annoying) that the last almost 10 days there were no news and/or release of the Android app or better said a reaction of @Athom on the crash matter.
    That is because we're busy actually implementing stuff and trying to improve the situation ;)

To answer your questions regarding home detection:
    No, geofencing is not implemented yet in the 2.1 version. However, the implementation is almost done, and it'll work a lot better than on the 1.x app versions, because it'll work based on wifi primarily, with a fallback to location if the wifi drops.

Those app crashes are caused by the audio driver of Android not cleaning up resources properly. It sucks balls, and I wish I could solve it easily, but it has proven to be a very hard problem to solve. Because this is a very low-level crash, I can't really catch the error in the app and continue. I'll look into it some further as soon as home detection has shipped, but I don't want to get your hopes up too much.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanx for your post/information! 

Hope we can use/test geofencing in the near future! It can/wil make much more nice stuff work/possible with Homey.

App crashes:
    Worst case scenario; We have to live with several app crashes a day or .... ?
    [edit]The current situation, for a lot of users, also sucks balls. In our household we have 2 relatively new/up2date Android phones (S5mini, Nexus5) and both are crashing very often.... 
  • maybe the voice feature can be disabled for now?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    maybe the voice feature can be disabled for now?
    Great suggestion and most ideal would be the user can decide to use Voice (and accept crashes) or not use it.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    There's the tap-to-talk function. 
    Can't you enable the audio when the screen was tapped and disable it once the app starts processing the speech?