This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• @Phuturist : On the same local network?
    Yup, on the local network.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Strange... Do you have any apps doing strange things under "Developers"?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Great addition for the app :smiley:  From my office I set language to English. Said to my phone : "lights on" and then I saw kaku-lights going on in the UI and my phone said "turning lights on" :)
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    Updated the app and for the  first time it worked! Homey reacts, i'm seeing devices en kan switch them! 

Great improvement
  • Homey firmware 0.8.34 with Android App 2.0 build 40: no devices in any of the rooms.
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    The only thing i can't find is the settings menu!
  • thayoung1 said:
    Homey firmware 0.8.34 with Android App 2.0 build 40: no devices in any of the rooms.
    Do you have an not working device?
    This could stop the devices in the app, so it appears.
  • tim1990 said:
    The only thing i can't find is the settings menu!
    That is correct. It wasn't done yet, so I hid the button. Besides, the only relevant setting as of now could be disabling speech input through the app, and that can be solved quite easily by just not saying 'OK Homey' ;)
  • superice said:
    That is correct. It wasn't done yet, so I hid the button. Besides, the only relevant setting as of now could be disabling speech input through the app, and that can be solved quite easily by just not saying 'OK Homey' ;)
    And disabling the notification 'your home'  B)
  • superice said:
    And disabling the notification 'your home'  B)
    That one isn't implemented yet in 2.x 
  • thayoung1 said:
    Homey firmware 0.8.34 with Android App 2.0 build 40: no devices in any of the rooms.
    Do you have an not working device?
    This could stop the devices in the app, so it appears.
    Thanks, works now! I had one Hue light which was unreachable. Made it reachable and the App worked.
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    Android app 2.0 does not work. All devices work and are reachable. But No devices in Android app. App stops
  • Kritjuu said:
    Android app 2.0 does not work. All devices work and are reachable. But No devices in Android app. App stops
    Did you already update to the bugfix-release we released today (2.0.1, build 41) ? That should solve those issues, as wel as most of the random crashes.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Is there a solution coming for the 'missing' devices?
    I have some Hues that are currently still behind a normal switch, so they're offline most of the time.
    Also because of the z-wave problems, I have unreachable devices.
    It wasn't a problem before .34, so why is it now all of a sudden??  :|
  • Fire69 said:
    Is there a solution coming for the 'missing' devices?
    I have some Hues that are currently still behind a normal switch, so they're offline most of the time.
    Also because of the z-wave problems, I have unreachable devices.
    It wasn't a problem before .34, so why is it now all of a sudden??  :|
    Because the /manager/mobile has been rewritten. Anyway, I believe Emile has a fix ready for 0.8.35, so don't worry, it'll be fixed soon enough :)
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    superice said:
    Kritjuu said:
    Did you already update to the bugfix-release we released today (2.0.1, build 41) ? That should solve those issues, as wel as most of the random crashes.
    Yes I updated 5 minutes ago. version 2.0.1. version 41. No devices found. apps stops.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Also updated to 2.0.1-41, also no devices and again crashes....

Did a forced close of the app and not working as expected.
  • It works here with 2.0.1-41 ,have Some kaku devices and 1 lifx lamp.
    Infrared for tv and Homecinema also.

• Android version2.0.1  => "user credentials are invalid" while login in at Homey (0.8.34) works fine with the same credentials.

Had to login again after updating to latest version.
    I removed cache and the app from my phone and reinstalled it, problem stil exists.
    Are there more people who encountering the same issue?

• MarcoF said:
    Also updated to 2.0.1-41, also no devices and again crashes....

Did a forced close of the app and not working as expected.
    no devices available to me as well, on latest app and running 0.8.34
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Sandeman : did you use Upper-case chars in your email? Change them to lower-case...
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22685/#Comment_22685
    @mistercage : probably there's a device which can't be reached, see earlier in this thread...
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited May 2016
    Sandeman said:
    Android version2.0.1  => "user credentials are invalid" while login in at Homey (0.8.34) works fine with the same credentials.

Had to login again after updating to latest version.
    I removed cache and the app from my phone and reinstalled it, problem stil exists.
    Are there more people who encountering the same issue?

Someone reported this was related to the use of capitals in the email address, might wanna avoid using those if you are.

For me no devices as well (0.8.34 and build 41).
  • @Sandeman : did you use Upper-case chars in your email? Change them to lower-case...
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22685/#Comment_22685
    @mistercage : probably there's a device which can't be reached, see earlier in this thread...
    never had any visibility of any of my devices, but only in the 1st version of the app..all devices are visible in the webinterface...
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    edited May 2016
    Same here no devices for android or iOS or mobile browsers
    using latest versions 

all devices al reachable 
  • SandemanSandeman Member
    edited May 2016
    @Sandeman : did you use Upper-case chars in your email? Change them to lower-case...

I don't use upper-case in my email address.
    It does work with a second account from my partner.
    to be continued 
  • I have never been able to see any of my devices in the App. I just updated to the latest version.
  • You do know you have to use the door icon on the top right of the app?
    Just checking  :)
  • Nope.. none of my devices show up.
  • updated to 2.0.3 Build 43, all devices are available here. works for me on Sony Z5 premium, Android 5.1.1.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Updated to.43, but same results as expected since we have to wait for Emily's solution first.