This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New Android Homey App - can't log in

Today my phone updated the Homey app. When I load it, it asks for my credentials. However, these are not accepted. I get  'user credentials are invalid'. Strange, because I can log in to Homey via my Apple computer with exactly the same credentials.

I reset Homey's password (emil from Athom to reset the password and 'pushed the button" ), I again can log in via my desktop but still the app on my phone says the credentials are wrong.

What to do?

Comments

• Solved...

Turns out that email address can't have any capital letters anymore.... My previous email address worked, in the new app it doesn't. I changed all letters to undercast and (the same) email address now works again.

I would consider this a bug.

• Well, an emailadres is never with capitals aye?
  • Mine was ;-)

Seriously, this has never been in issue in the past for me. I could always use capitals in email. It makes sense; it makes email addresses more readable.... info@BakkerLogistiek.abc

Anyway. It's working again. The initial App dis work with capitals, the new App not.
  • Eternity said:
    Mine was ;-)

Seriously, this has never been in issue in the past for me. I could always use capitals in email. It makes sense; it makes email addresses more readable.... info@BakkerLogistiek.abc

Anyway. It's working again. The initial App dis work with capitals, the new App not.
    It's not really a question of app version 1.x or 2.x. Some time ago, Joachim, our cloud magician switched to another type of e-mail address. (You probably have received an e-mail about this). After this point e-mail addresses became case sensitive. App version 2.x is probably just the first time you had to login again ;)