This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

edited November 2017 in Archive
Homey firmware version 1.5.0-rc.1 has just been released to the experimental update channel. 
Unless you unchecked the Auto update feature, your Homey will most probably update to this version tonight. 

For What's new, see: https://whatsnew.athom.com/release/1.5

This version introduces a couple of changes in the interface, so read the what's new carefully. Any questions or problems regarding those new features can be posted here in this topic.

If you discover any new issues (bugs) that are not yet reported please report them on Github

Have Fun!

Complete list of fixes on Github with Milestone 1.5.0

Short Release notes:  (https://firmware.athom.com/)
  • Add Zigbee support (experimental)
  • Add Apps SDK v2
  • Add Homey API Client support
  • Add OR column to flow editor
  • Add Image Tokens
  • Add Mobile flow events (Android-only)
  • Add Insights settings page
  • Add 'Act on behalf of owner' permission for apps
  • Add condition cards to check alarm states
  • Add Arp Manager for IP->MAC conversions
  • Add <any alarm> to alarm trigger card
  • Add wittiness
  • Re-introduce vacuum cleaner device class
  • Fixed a bug that caused IR intervals to be too long
  • Update Node.js to 8.2.1
  • Various bugfixes and improvements
Tagged:

Comments

• OetAelseOetAelse Member
    edited August 2017
    Will this http://www.trust.com/nl/zigbee also going to work with firmware 1.5?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    OetAelse said:
    Will this http://www.trust.com/nl/zigbee also going to work with firmware 1.5?
    Will probably work indeed but it will need an app just like the ikea zigbee app. Also just like z-wave has the Neo (community made) and the Fibaro (Athom made) and more z-wave apps.
  • Firmware is still not available, also on firmware.athom.com it is not listed. Is it just me or is the firmware already withdrawn ?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    pdreissen said:
    Firmware is still not available, also on firmware.athom.com it is not listed. Is it just me or is the firmware already withdrawn ?
    Firmware is indeed withdrawn at the moment, Athom has a fix for the problem that occured and will rerelease it soon
  • I'm curious about the "wittiness". Any developer experienced that already?
  • pdreissen said:
    Firmware is still not available, also on firmware.athom.com it is not listed. Is it just me or is the firmware already withdrawn ?
    Firmware is indeed withdrawn at the moment, Athom has a fix for the problem that occured and will rerelease it soon
    Thanks was just reading it in slack.
  • @CorvdNiet
    I actually had to ask them on what it was, but they just seem to have added some random answers to random questions :smile:
  • edited August 2017
    Withdrawn or not. 1.5.0 rc1, update successful, no issues at all.
  • hnijveen said:
    Withdrawn or not. 1.5.0 rc1, update successful, no issues at all.
    Don't do a factory reset, then you get stuck in a loop ( so no new fresh start ) other than that you are fine :) 
  • swttt said:
    @CorvdNiet
    I actually had to ask them on what it was, but they just seem to have added some random answers to random questions :smile:
    Nice. Will give us hours of conversation and tryout :-)
  • fiekfiek Member
    Eveything working here also. By the way when can I toss my hue bridge away? :)
  • fiek said:
    Eveything working here also. By the way when can I toss my hue bridge away? :)
    It's working good only don't do a reset at this moment, then you will have problems haha :) That can be done when there is a Hue Zigbee app just like the Ikea. Zigbee works just like z-wave, it needs an app to get specific drivers/capabilities for the devices
  • fiekfiek Member
    That should be a 'cat in the bakkie' for Athom to adjust the current Hue app :)
  • Will there be a standaard zigbee driver in 1.5? So you can ad a light as a standard zigbee device without an app? Or does every type need their own app? As I have a zigbee lamp from a very little know manufacturer

• EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Ehh, I need some help using the new flow option with telephones.

I can drag the phone to the THAN column and choose one of the registered devices. If I drag the card to the IF section, the pull down menu is empty.
  • Eternity said:
    Ehh, I need some help using the new flow option with telephones.

I can drag the phone to the THAN column and choose one of the registered devices. If I drag the card to the IF section, the pull down menu is empty.

you mean the cards for using IF phones charges etc, those require an update from the Android mobile app that is not yet available
  • @lubbertkramer

Haha, that explains a lot :-)
    I had checked I was on the latest Homey Android App - no updates available - so I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help!
  • Just updated :)

What does this mean:
    • Een ARP Manager toegevoegd voor het vinden van apparaten
    Build-in functionality to detect smartphones over wifi (like Smart/Better Presence)?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    Any known problems with Hue? 
    Just updated, now my light are all unreachable. 
    Got a crash notification from the Hue app on my phone. 

After restarting it, still no lights. 

[edit[
    Just got an update to 2.2.5, still no lights...

• Here same behavior with HUE. version 2.2.5 and no connection
  • My Hue's are working fine, guys....and it was just updated too.

Perhaps try the following:
    - add a Hue device you don't have (like a dimmer)
    - follow the instructions
    - it will not find the absent dimmer, but might get your Hue lights back again..
  • Eternity said:
    My Hue's are working fine, guys....and it was just updated too.

Perhaps try the following:
    - add a Hue device you don't have (like a dimmer)
    - follow the instructions
    - it will not find the absent dimmer, but might get your Hue lights back again..
    Yeah, was going to try that when I get home :)
  • Anyone tried ikea lamps?   I cannot add them.. No response 
  • djesko said:
    Anyone tried ikea lamps?   I cannot add them.. No response 
    I already bought one to try out. Going to try it as soon as I get home. 
  • JaapPelt said:
    djesko said:
    Anyone tried ikea lamps?   I cannot add them.. No response 
    I already bought one to try out. Going to try it as soon as I get home. 
    did get one to work , need to wait when adding :)   

Now my problem is that i cannot remove the dimmer i got ( its dead says homey)
  • As said earlier I lost the connection to the HUE lamps, but it seems that homey cannot find the bridge anymore. The app of HUE itself is working like a charm and thus seems to find the bridge without a problem....
  • As said earlier I lost the connection to the HUE lamps, but it seems that homey cannot find the bridge anymore. The app of HUE itself is working like a charm and thus seems to find the bridge without a problem....
    Like mentioned above. Just try to add a new Hue bulb in Homey (pressing button on bridge and add new Hue device in Homey). After that, Homey will probably recognize the Hue bridge again.
  • I just tried that, but after pressing the bridge-button and following the steps Homey remains telling me that no bridge is found, while my HUE app keeps working normally.
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited August 2017
    I just got a message from my girlfriend telling me Homey is going mad. It's constantly asking if we already put the trash out because it will be collected tomorrow. Which it isn't: it was collected today!
    With a little testing, I found out that some old issue is reintroduced: Homey is performing all checks in the 'and' column in parallel instead of one after the other. This causes Homey to ask for confirmation even when it's not the right time and the garbage isn't collected at all!

• I just tried that, but after pressing the bridge-button and following the steps Homey remains telling me that no bridge is found, while my HUE app keeps working normally.

Same problem here.  Doesn't even show the screen where you have to push the button, immediately says it can't find a bridge!
This discussion has been closed.