This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v1.0.2

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
Homey v1.0.2 has been released to the experimental channel.
  • Added support for Z-Wave to automatically send a 'No More Information' frame to battery devices
  • Improved Z-Wave speed when communicating with unavailable nodes
  • Improved Dutch translations
  • Fixed a bug where Z-Wave MultiChannel nodes' Basic Command Class could not be reached
  • Fixed a bug where Z-Wave reports from Controlled command classes would not get through when sent secure
  • Fixed a bug where device sorting wouldn't appear correctly
  • Fixed a bug where Flow conditions wouldn't run in series
  • Various improvements

Comments

• Hue crashes over, E5 errors over and all the improvements on Fibaro-devices  <3
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    Installing it now ....... (received 3 error messages while downloading from chrome, 1 of them was already downloading or so) but it's installing now will do some testing when finished
  • Great! Had the same error (already downloading) but left it to finish, the message disappeared and all seems well.
  • Same error 'Already downloading' and checksum failure.
  • More Z-wave updates.. Was hoping for media, bluetooth or just anything new.. :'( Thanks anyway Emile.
  • Can someone explain how to force this update? Searched the forum but could not find the procedure around this ;-(

• Roppiee said:
    Can someone explain how to force this update? Searched the forum but could not find the procedure around this ;-(

The following picture should clear things up for you.
  • Just installed the update, also had the checksum failure. Was also hoping for media and bluetooth. Hope that Homey is more stable now
  • New features wil come in 1.1.0, every 1.0.x update will only include fixes.
  • During download the 'Already downloading' error, after download 3 times the 'checksum failure' error. No problem during installation. Installation was really fast.
  • Installing went without a hitch but after rebooting the Hue, Kaku and Fibaro apps were gone.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited November 2016
    After pressing on install update Homey is violet/purple circling since 20minutes now.. I don't dare to pull the plug
  • Same here, I pulled the plug after 2+ hours, still goes back to the purple update circle - what to do?
  • Hue seems to be stable again, I really missed controlling the lights.

I like the Facebook Messenger app for Homey (https://www.facebook.com/homeymessenger), kinda what I had in mind with Telegram but didn't fully create yet (also because it's not possible from an app).
  • Same here, I pulled the plug after 2+ hours, still goes back to the purple update circle - what to do?
    Rebooted now, and have still the purple circle :(

Haven't found anything in the forum.
  • Peao said:
    Same here, I pulled the plug after 2+ hours, still goes back to the purple update circle - what to do?
    Rebooted now, and have still the purple circle :(

Haven't found anything in the forum.
    Me neither - pulling the plug seems to make no difference. I might just leave it overnight and then try the upside-down soft reset.

If I have to recreate all my flows (100+) I'm going to be slightly angry for a little while.
  • Same issue here... as already discussed on Slack..
    PTP did not help and also trying to recover (turning it upside down) does not help...

Homey wil briefly turn red... but then continuos it's purple mood up side down...
  • I can't even get the upside down thing to work - at which point do you do this?
  • During purple ring, I'm also not able to enter the recovery mode

Directly after plugging in the power connection, when the ring is orange..
    In my case it will blink red for a second... and continues in purple...
  • I can't even get the upside down thing to work - at which point do you do this?
    Pull the plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it in again, wait 10 seconds, turn it upside down.
    Then it should start talking.
  • Same infinite purple ring here. A bit scary for a reset now... 
  • Fire69 said:
    I can't even get the upside down thing to work - at which point do you do this?
    Pull the plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it in again, wait 10 seconds, turn it upside down.
    Then it should start talking.
    It doesn't... after plugging in the 'power' cable, with the 10 seconds waiting and turning Homey upside down, it will start being purple again.
    With not waiting 10 seconds, and turning Homey upside down while it still is showing the orange ring, it will briefly show a red ring... but then starts being purple again....

Considering the type of 'screensaver' I would think it's stuck in dev-mode

• Me neither - pulling the plug seems to make no difference. I might just leave it overnight and then try the upside-down soft reset.

If I have to recreate all my flows (100+) I'm going to be slightly angry for a little while.
    Maybe you missed this new app: https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup
    This scenario is exactly why we needed a backup so urgently.....
  • Did anyone successfully run the update? The fixes sound good, but I don't want to reset my Homey
  • G4nd41f said:
    Did anyone successfully run the update? The fixes sound good, but I don't want to reset my Homey
    Yea, no problems at all.
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited November 2016
    RuudvB said:

Me neither - pulling the plug seems to make no difference. I might just leave it overnight and then try the upside-down soft reset.

Maybe you missed this new app: https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup
    This scenario is exactly why we needed a backup so urgently.....
    But not only backup up of flows, but also devices.
    The funny thing is that with the Hue Hub I am never afraid that I will lose the devices. I have the Hue Hub for a very long time now and never had any issues (and only 3 updates).
    But with the Homey it is different. I can imagine that it is more difficult and complex, but this is more reason to have a system backup (devices and flows). So, if in some case I need to restore to factory default, I can just restore the file I have on my PC and everything is back, no additional work is needed.
    Again, with the current state of Homey and the lack of this kind of backup/restore, I am not going to program a lot of flows. Because if I now throw huge amount of hours into this and with one action everything is wiped, I would throw the Homey into the garbage bin.
  • update went ok. I got a checksum failure, and rebooted before updating, in the hope I could download again. But i saved the download. So no other choice than update.  and it went fine. no problems seen
  • My update went OK as well. Did have some "already downloading" and "invalid checksum" errors but it installed eventually.

But there are a lot of reports of a infinite purple ring during update and people having to restore their Homey.

So it's definitely not save to update. That's why it's called the experimental channel.
This discussion has been closed.