This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.9.1

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
Changelog:
  • Replaced Z-Wave with App-based driver
  • Temporarily disabled Infrared as preperation for the Infrared update
  • Added support for custom capabilities
  • Added support for custom signals
  • Added support for apps to get a Homey's Cloud ID
  • Apps will be notified when a Flow trigger has been added, changed or removed
  • Added software that automatically restarts Homey on a freeze
  • Fixed a bug where Homey would freeze
  • Fixed a bug where the Microcontroller would crash
  • Fixed a bug where a user's DHCP server would not be used
  • Interface improvements
  • Performance improvements
Note: all old Z-Wave, Infrared and devices with custom capabilities will be automatically removed upon install.

For Z-Wave: for now only FIbaro is supported. More devices will follow soon later!

Enjoy!

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
     <3....  
  • Cool..... thats good news
  • djeskodjesko Member
    A small question,  so every zwave device need a app?  Or i can add my tkb as on / off device? 
  •  <3 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    djesko said:
    A small question,  so every zwave device need a app?  Or i can add my tkb as on / off device? 
    Every Z-Wave device can be added as a 'BASIC' device, and support the BASIC command class (on/off). An App extends that to add more capabilities, and a nice icon.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Emile said:
    djesko said:
    Every Z-Wave device can be added as a 'BASIC' device, and support the BASIC command class (on/off). An App extends that to add more capabilities, and a nice icon.
    Thanks 
  • Great. It would be cool, if the Roller Shutter 2 could be supported in the Fibaro app as well. When will Infrared be back? Need it for my homecinema control...
  • BumbleBumble Member
    Does it update automatic?
    Or do I need to check "expirimental updates.."
  • Emile said:
    Changelog:
    • Temporarily disabled Infrared as preperation for the Infrared update
    Note: all old Z-Wave, Infrared and devices with custom capabilities will be automatically removed upon install.
    Hmm :neutral:  dont like this 
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited July 2016
    G4nd41f said:
    When will Infrared be back? Need it for my homecinema control...
    We hope to include that in the next update :)
  • superice said:
    G4nd41f said:
    When will Infrared be back? Need it for my homecinema control...
    We hope to include that in the next update :)
    Will this be in 1 or 2 weeks? about 50% of my devices use this.. so yea..
  • Trustme2 said:
    Will this be in 1 or 2 weeks? about 50% of my devices use this.. so yea..
    Should be one week from now ;)
  • How is the z-wave range with the new update?
  • Emile said:
    Changelog
    Enjoy!

Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully this will finally solve my Homey's date/time issues.
  • FransGFransG Member
    Can't install the fibaro app  incompatible version
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited July 2016
    i am blind or why i dont cant find in the fibaro app the parameter settings? i dont see anything to change the parameter for my motion sensors
  • FransGFransG Member
    Installing after 2 reboots
  • 3 reboots so far and no update yet.......

• jordenjorden Member
    Had to exclude the fibaro flood sensor and fibaro motion sensor with the new 0.9.1 firmware before I was able to add them again. Exclude on the old firmware did nothing.

But after that, adding worked like a charm and the triggers activate! :)
  • RamonBaasRamonBaas Member
    edited July 2016
    Installed 0.9.1 and of course tried to add my Fibaro wall plug (#240). Added the plug, but 'no compatible app found' - so it is added as a basic device.

Then tried to install the Fibaro app manually. As a result got the error 'already installing' and it gave a check-mark in the pop-up 'installed'. Went to the apps section - no Fibaro app installed...
    Later on I could install it manually.

BTW: Kaku app crashed.

So much for first impressions - will test further...

Edit: Added the wall plug via the Fibaro app and that does work well - yoohoo!  <3 
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited July 2016
    nice!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    Wow, the restart (power cycle) is way faster now.! Love it

Z-Wave Findings so far:
    when trying to pair any z-wave device it will give me this error in console:
    Blocked script execution in 'http://192.168.10.200/app/com.fibaro/drivers/FGMS-001/assets/learnmode.svg' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set.
    And stays at the please wait while z-wave is getting ready.

After a power cycle this has been fixed, even though the console error stays.

There is no way to know which one is for Z-Wave, or Z-Wave+ for the
    • Motion Sensor
    • Door/window Sensor
    • Smoke Sensor
    They both work though.

Fibaro Wallplug: (Z-Wave)
    Measures the wattage pretty accurately
    When included as a light only on/off capability is used, no power (usage) (W and KWh)
    When included as a socket i'm missing the power usage (KWh)

Motion Sensor: (Z-Wave)
    Does get triggered when seeing motion
    No parameters are available as of yet.

EDIT: Seems like homey doesn't send the "Pairing Done" signal, sensor stays in pairing mode.

Smoke Sensor: (Z-Wave+)
    No temperature capability.
    No parameters are available as of yet.

When the device is out of reach/offline it won't state it anywhere, just keeps the latest information that was there.

@reemster
    Range is about 9m with a battery device (motion sensor), and 12m with a wall socket, both normal Z-Wave. (through an open door to the outside, but direct sight)
    No possibility to test the range of my smoke sensor (the only Z-Wave+) the connectivity test doesn't want to work.

There seems to be no routing as of yet(?) at least not with the wall socket

There is no way to add custom parameters anymore, will this stay this way? if so, then please add all the options that are available for any device.
  • @caseda thanks for the info  :) maybe a n00b question.. How can you see the zwave routing. I have a couple of fibaro zwave socket plugs, make zwave automatically a zwave (bridge?) route with my battery powered motion sensors.. I'm new with this. 
  • The problem of not being able to connect to the Internet seems to be solved. I can finally connect to my.athom and use the app. Homey can reach out to the world!
  • Bumblez said:
    Emile said:
    Changelog
    Enjoy!

Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully this will finally solve my Homey's date/time issues.
    Okay, got the update, installed it. Then completely powered down my Homey and started him up again.
    And now my date and time are (finally) 100% correct... thank you, Athom!
  • tunftunf Member
    cool, looking great so far. Any change there will be a backup and restore in the next release? it is now a lot of time a waste of efforts after an update.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Reemster ;
    I think there will be a map kind of thing in the settings menu showing the mesh grid.

But at the moment that has not been implemented yet.
    My guess is that it will take a while as well, pretty hard to implement the right way.
  • 6 reboots and still no update. Disabling auto update and searching for updates manually doesn't work either. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    @RogierVanWijk ;
    did you enable experimental updates?
    Because 0.9.1 is just for the experimental channel right now
  • JvdTJvdT Member
    edited July 2016
    Same here 8 reboots no update and yes eperimantal is my style :)
This discussion has been closed.