The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.
This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
[NEW UPDATE] Magister for Homey (v2.0.7)
Homey app to interface with the Magister school information system.
After adding a student in the settings page, the following functionality is available:
- Trigger : New incoming grade
- Trigger : Change in day-roster today or tomorrow
- Condition : A lesson was scrapped today or tomorrow
- Condition : A test is planned today or tomorrow
- Action : Let Homey say all new grades for the last 24hrs or 7 days
- Action : Let Homey say the day-roster of today or tomorrow
- Action : Let Homey say the homework of today or tomorrow
- Action : Let Homey say the tests of today or tomorrow
Trigger Flow tokens:
- Incoming grade: grade, weight, class, description, studentname
- Roster change : scrapped hour, 1st hour, last hour, begin time, end time, studentname
- Log new incoming grades for all classes
Using parent credentials is not fully functional (no student picture, and only one student per school). Using student credentials is preferred.
Migrating from Version 1 app:
Students and flows must be re-added when migrating from V1 to V2. The V1 student device should be deleted manually.
If you like the app you can show your appreciation by posting it in the forum. If you really like the app you can buy me a beer.
v2.0.7 2017.10.01 Minor bugfixes v2.0.6 2017.08.05 Condition cards bugfix. Removed driver v2.0.5 2017.08.05 Complete rewrite from device to app settings. Extra flowcards. Parent login partially implemented. Student login is preferred
My children have the last test this week, so it won't be long until the last grades will be available in Magister.
Otherwise it will be September/October for testing, when the first grades will be available:).
If you know how to test from GitHub, you could already start now. But you have to be somewhat tech-savvy to do that:
(you only need steps 2, 3 and 5).
To execute step 5 you have to first download my app from GitHub. Then you can do step 5 with the following command:
athom project --run com.gruijter.magister-master
And when we look at the apps page, it had an orange triangle with ! saying " Deze app is gecrashed."
* So we tried to disable and enable it again. Then it worked again. Good thing is the flow didn't lose the 'device'.
We tried some things. He told there were no lessons today and tomorrow, but there was an description (and he told what description). But then .... again the app crashed .
* So again we disabled and enabled it. And we turned off the checkmarks at options (say new grades, say roster changes).
* roster today, roster tomorrow, homework today, homework tomorrow looks like they work correctly.
* the description from earlier doesn't work anymore. Homey output says: "er is wel een omschrijving: undefined undefined.
* new grades today and new grades last 7 days say there are none. But that is not correct.
* When I give the command through my mobile, it answers through the homey.
* And then ... the app crashed again .
TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at Request._callback (/node_modules/magister.js/lib/node/magister-node.js:5379:16)
at Request.self.callback (/node_modules/magister.js/node_modules/request/request.js:198:22)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:172:7)
at Request.<anonymous> (/node_modules/magister.js/node_modules/request/request.js:1073:14)
at emitOne (events.js:82:20)
at Request.emit (events.js:169:7)
at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/node_modules/magister.js/node_modules/request/request.js:1019:12)
I tried 'new grade' and 'changed roster' in a flow with push notifications and these work, except there are no new grades/changed roster for now.
But waiting for a grade to arrive wont work, because the app keeps crashing. When I disable and enable it, it will work for a little bit. But then it crashes again.
I will let you know if/when I posted a trial version on GitHub.
BTW, I really appreciate your effort to help me test and bugfix the app!
When later on it might work for multiple students I can test this also, because my son and daughter have both an account (same school).
Experimental users can already try v0.0.7 from GitHub.
For my daughter the school blocked the grades this week (testweek until tomorrow), so I have to wait until the grades are available again. For my son it works fine. For him (also testweek until tomorrow) I also have to wait until the teachers have the latest grades put in Magister. So maybe more test results this and next week.
Otherwise it will be next school year (September).
Thanks @grutijter_dev for this (s)c(h)ool App.
- support for Homey Firmware 0.9.x
- suppress roster change event at midnight
- Improved grade change logging
- Improved handling of deleted student
Is the app still running, or did it crash when trying to add the second child? If it crashed, what error do you get when clicking on the red triangle in settings-apps?
If I go to settings there is no red triangle.
But it is a normal Magister account. It works ok with the ios/android apps.
Until the new version is published in the appstore you can download it from Github and install it by hand..