This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• caseda said:
    An update from my side.
    They Both updated their parameter (sensor 1: 80,1,13 & sensor 2: 80,1,15 - different color when seeing motion), so this included the deleted flow, and the flow that is still there.
    it is the only parameter i changed but i don't think this should matter.
    the few reasons i can think of that the parameter is never send
    • it is not saved in memory of homey (= the parameter not been applied/test button was not clicked so the parameter was activated)
    • homey loses it's data along the road somewhere, maybe an other flow can cause this? (it is not 2 parameter flows beside each other, otherwise mine shouldn't have worked)
    • homey has been restart, i might test this tomorrow if it is still being send on wake up interval.
    • Does the (generic) alarm stay on, or does this get triggered, because it might not be talking to homey properly.

@TedTolboom; But to answer your question, yes it should send all information on every wake up interval, if the values have changed (I.E. + or - 1 lux, Temp + or - 0,1°)

@Caseda @tedtolboom I've done some more testing with the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (on firmware 0.8.34) I am 100% sure that settings that are saved in homey will not be saved to the sensor untill the Action Button is pressed on the sensor.
    I have a sensor that sends data every 5 minutes to homey (USB powered) and I saved a setting (with a flow) this morning and did not press the action button. I saw no change on the sensor during the day. After work I pressed the action button and in the next report send to homey I could see the setting that was saved on homey in the morning was at that point also save to the sensor itself.

Unfortunatly I can do no test with changes to the wake-up interval due to the bug with saving settings.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;;
    Do you have your sensor included as "secure"? Maybe this is a secure feature/safety thing. 

Or it has to do with Z-Wave+ waking up differently. 
    Could be tested by someone with a fibaro motion sensor v3.2

Edit: (I miss the strike trough option on my mobile..).
    My answer was already given in this post.. It must be a Z-Wave+ thing that wakes up differently.
    Could still be a security thing, no change allowed without confirmation with the B-Button
    Might try to read into this subject more
  • @Caseda no, they are added non-secure, when added secure the Multi Sensor misses some functionality :(
  • casedacaseda Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;;
    After reading the manual of a few Z-Wave+ devices the conclusion comes to, it should update the parameters on wakeup. (except for your multi sensor, there is no information in the manual about it). 

Might just not be implemented yet for z-wave+
    Will try on my smoke sensor (also z-wave+) tomorrow 

Or maybe it will only be done from the settings page with z-wave+ (would be strange) 
    You chould try this when .35 comes around 

Otherwise we found a bug for @taco ;
  • HermelijnHermelijn Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everyone,

I got myself a fibaro motion sensor (new ZW5) to play around with, but I'm a little stuck. Hope someone can help me on my way.

Adding the device is no problem, works like a charm. Also I'm able to push new settings to the device, for instance 80,1,15, now the sensor will turn blue when motion is detected. Also when I read out the sensor, I do get data back (lux, temp, etc.)

However, it seems like the data it signals isn't send to the homey. No new device will appear in the insights, not even after a lengthy time. Also when creating a simple flow like ""when motion detected, turn on a hue lamp". Great, the eye turns blue, but no light get's turned on.

When I added the device I noticed that node id 1 was set at group association 1. I read that most people advised setting node id 1 at group association 3. I also tried that, but still the same result (yes I tripple push the B button after saving wink).

Since I'm new at Z-Wave, maybe I 'm missing the whole concept the group association. What does group 1 through 5 stand for anyway?

Thanks in advance!!  wink 

Edit: forgot to mention I'm at 0.8.39
  • Just wait one more week, the there will be a complete rewrite of z-wave for homey. Maybe that will solve your problem.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    @Hermelijn ;;
    A little bit more explanation:
    Association groups in zwave+ (zwave 5) are different parts of the sensor information is going to be sent to.
    group 1 = lifeline / heartbeat. 
    This will have 1 id, the Id of homey.
    All sensor information is being send via this. 
    Group 2 and 3 are zwave+ parts information
    Group 4 and 5 are normal zwave parts information (for backward compatability) 

2 to 5 are used for direct controlling other zwave devices (example: switching a light bulb) 

The id to group 3 is only needed for the previous version of your sensor (non zwave+) 

But for your problems @0burner0 is right, 0.8.39 breaks zwave completely. 
    0.9 should fix all your problems, and make zwave more user friendly 
  • HermelijnHermelijn Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks to the both of you ,  I apreciate it . I'l  wait for the update and thanks for the clarification  :)
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    now i have the 0.9.1 firmeware of homey and my z-wave+ fibaro motion sensor will not detect motion :-(

i have reset the device, reboot homey, it pairs with homey and gives one motion-detection when it pairs. but from the on no dection anymore!

someone with the same problems?

i thought this update will fix all, but it is for me and this motion sensor 2 steps back...
  • casedacaseda Member
    @phil_s
    a quick glance at the fibaro code makes me wonder if the id's are put right in the association groups
    There needs to be at least the id of homey in association group 1 (code make it seems only the id to be in group 3)
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited July 2016
    @caseda can i change something to test your thoughts? I have only a 1 in the group 3 field 

Could you tell @Emile this Problem when it is a problem? I haven't much Knowledge in zwave
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    @phil_s ;
    add a 1 (the id of homey) to the association group 1 field, and save the settings.
    you can leave the 1 in group 3, but it is not really needed
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited July 2016
    Ok i will Test it. 
  • I'm also testing it. I also put the '1' in group 2 (for tamper-alarm) to look if this icon will appear. Can I force an update of the parameters after setting @caseda? Tripple pushing the button will make the sensor glow blue but I don't see any difference afterwards...
  • casedacaseda Member
    i edited my previous post, but in case you did not saw it, it doesn't really matter if you leave the id number in field 3.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @thayoung1 ;
    the capability of the Tamper Alarm has not been implemented (yet), just the motion alarm.
    so you can't add it in any other way then
    1 - wait for athom to implement,
    2 - create your own app to include it
  • thayoung1thayoung1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll leave it with group 1 for now then. Any idea how to force the update? Just wait the default 2 hours?
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    i have only this one device for my homey sofar! and it is not working or it is unbelievable hard to get it working. i don't understand it.

i loose my faith in homey ...
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    no lumiance also (see second screenshot above)
  • I know @phil_s, it's frustrating. I was also waiting a couple of weeks for this to start working again. But let's not jump to conclusions for now.

Let's wait some time, maybe it starts working in a couple of hours from now.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @phil_s ;
    have you woken up the sensor after the save setting? (forget to tell)
    if so:
    try adding it as the other motion sensor in the app inclusion popup:

And don't forget to add the 1 to group 1
  • casedacaseda Member
    @thayoung1 ;
    you can wake up the device by tripple clicking the B-Button on the sensor.
    after that it should add the corresponding parameters to the sensor
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    ok, thx @caseda for the hope :-) 

i will test it with the other app (non zwave plus)
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    @caseda ;
    i have paired it with the first (left) motion sensor "button" in the inclusion pop up.

then saved the setting with 1 in group 1 and triple-klick for wake up the sensor.

now i have luminance the first time

i now i will see if motion dection will work....
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    no no motion detection, but in the insights there ist now luminance. that wasn't before

but that can't be right that you don't now what to do, when to press for installing the device!
    and it is not that easy how @Emile promised. ok, i know it is not a easy going for him to code but ...
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    i excludet and reseted the motion sensor. then i included it with the right button in the inclusion menu.
    the motion sensor blinked red and was "on". the luminance gives no output, so it doesn't work.

when the motion alarm from the installation turns off after half a minute and stands on "no", there won't be any motion detections any further.

am i the only one with this problem, lol?
    i cannot believe it
  • casedacaseda Member
    then that must be something with Z-Wave+ not being triggered properly, normal Z-Wave motion gets triggered every time.

It's already on github, so i think it will be fixed soon enough
    https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/3
  • You're not the onlyone. I'm also having problems with this.  Disappointed for now with the progress made :(
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    thx @caseda and @thayoung1 ;

i am not standing alone in the rain. that helps ;-)