This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• scoczscocz Member
    Everything works, except the motion detect. Lux, temperature etc are completely fine. These links are about issues with adding the device.

• WernerHel
    commented a day ago

The sensor is working now. I had some problem's with the generic alarm, that it was alway's on. After adding 1 to group 1 to 5. (only 1.4 and 5 where remembered) The motion was also working.

• scoczscocz Member
    edited April 2016
    Sadly he is on firmware 3.2. i am on firmware 2.7 Anyone who is on 2.7 and has it working? if so - are you willing to share your setup? 
  • is there a way to decrese the time between the LUX updates ?

Fri Apr 22 2016 09:33:54 GMT+0200 (CEST),3513
    ±2 hours
    Fri Apr 22 2016 11:34:05 GMT+0200 (CEST),10703

Wake: 7200
    data: 80,1,0;89,1,0;40,2,5;42,2,1800
    polling: 0

• Ziglar said:
    is there a way to decrese the time between the LUX updates ?

Fri Apr 22 2016 09:33:54 GMT+0200 (CEST),3513
    ±2 hours
    Fri Apr 22 2016 11:34:05 GMT+0200 (CEST),10703

Wake: 7200
    data: 80,1,0;89,1,0;40,2,5;42,2,1800
    polling: 0

@Ziglar I'm at this moment using the same parameters (no surprise though)... and get lux updates once every ~34 minutes (based on 1800 setting) and at the Z-wave interval (in below graph the points corresponding to the Temp measurements (purple)

Main quesiton is when did you update the settings? Probably after my PM, so after 9:33... so at the next Z-wave wakeup it updated the settings towards the motion sensor.. so around 12:10 you should receive the next update (probably missed it considering the timing of your post).

If after an update of the settings you don't want to wait for the wakeup... just press 3x B-button with the sensor close to Homey
  • SommoSommo Member
    a question, who has a fibaro home center, does it have this problems too? or these are  only our problem with homey? just to know because i'm new in zwave technologies
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Ziglar I'm at this moment using the same parameters (no surprise though)... and get lux updates once every ~34 minutes (based on 1800 setting) and at the Z-wave interval (in below graph the points corresponding to the Temp measurements (purple)
    Funny, I have also have  34 minutes-updates with a 1800 setting.  So that's consistent.  Other updates that are in standard 7200 wake-up interval are in almost exact 7200 seconds (2 hours). Not sure what causes the 4 minute delay at the 1800 second updates. 
  • scoczscocz Member
    Anyone on firmware 2.7 who is willing to share his/her setup? My alarm is 24/7 on and wont go off. Im getting annoyed. 
  • TacoTaco Member
    I think the alarm (motion or tamper) was active during the interview so the device is added with the alarm set to true. It will be set back to false if the sensor sends a report indication the motion or tamper alarm is false. Also when the device wake up at the given interval, the alarm state is read and if it is false this will be applied.

If you could send me the log after you've paired the device, made the association and woke the device up. I can take a look at it to see if something went wrong.
  • @Ziglar I'm at this moment using the same parameters (no surprise though)... and get lux updates once every ~34 minutes (based on 1800 setting) and at the Z-wave interval (in below graph the points corresponding to the Temp measurements (purple)

Main quesiton is when did you update the settings? Probably after my PM, so after 9:33... so at the next Z-wave wakeup it updated the settings towards the motion sensor.. so around 12:10 you should receive the next update (probably missed it considering the timing of your post).

If after an update of the settings you don't want to wait for the wakeup... just press 3x B-button with the sensor close to Homey

Well i updated the data value early this morning.
    just entered the data in my 2nd fibaro, hopefully that one wil react as planned.
    i will press the b button 3 times very close to my homey once i come home from work.

• @scocz ;

1 delete fibaro
    2 add fibaro to group 3
    3 if still wont turn of, restart homey
  • scoczscocz Member
    Ziglar said:
    @scocz ;

1 delete fibaro
    2 add fibaro to group 3
    3 if still wont turn of, restart homey
    just did this. still on.
  • TacoTaco Member
    What is the node id of the sensor?
  • scoczscocz Member
    Taco said:
    What is the node id of the sensor?
    node id 6
  • TacoTaco Member
    I only see 4 and 5 in the logs.
  • scoczscocz Member
    Taco said:
    I only see 4 and 5 in the logs.

• scoczscocz Member
    How exactly does one do this? With those parameters?
  • @scocz ;
    Try this:
    Add a "1" (without quotes) to Group 3 in the settings,
    save it,
    then wakeup the motion sensor by triple clicking the B button quickly.

now watch if the motion/alarm sensor goes off after 8 seconds (round and about).
    If not make sure you closed the Config popup and open it again see if there still is a "1" in Group 3.
    If not add it again, save, etc etc.
    if there still is a "1" just Save and wake up your sensor.

For me it worked atleast after the second try adding the 1, for all my attempts of adding motion sensors.
  • Fri Apr 22 2016 18:01:58 GMT+0200 (CEST),96
    ~2 hours
    Fri Apr 22 2016 20:02:10 GMT+0200 (CEST),8
    2 hours
    Fri Apr 22 2016 22:02:24 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    ~ 10 hours
    Sat Apr 23 2016 08:03:49 GMT+0200 (CEST),48

Can't seem to get my fibaro to report sooner then 2 hours, this night it was even 10 hours? 

only setting that i have made: 80,1,0;89,1,0;40,2,5;42,2,1800
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi all, 
    i changed the wake-up time from 7200 (2 hours) to 60 (1 minute).

@TedTolboom could you test with these settings (paired at group 3)
    for now the insight view keeps updating every single minute! AWSOME!!!!
    here is a little log i made:
    (both lines are fibaro motion sensor's LUX)

• I installed A fibaro next to my AEOTEC multy sensor.
    And Yes needed to deactivate the alarm conform @Taco advice.

Fibaro sees movement in general alarm, Temp and illum work, but temp is only on certain times, while illum works when it happens.

The AEOTEC  only works in time interface, and general alarm only@Taco s when... Movement of the sensor itself.
    In general Fibaro Works almost perfect. AEOTEC needs to get the movement correct and realtime on the sensors, But at least I see data.
    Any Ideas on the settings?

Here the data:

• scoczscocz Member
    caseda said:
    @scocz ;
    Try this:
    Add a "1" (without quotes) to Group 3 in the settings,
    save it,
    then wakeup the motion sensor by triple clicking the B button quickly.

now watch if the motion/alarm sensor goes off after 8 seconds (round and about).
    If not make sure you closed the Config popup and open it again see if there still is a "1" in Group 3.
    If not add it again, save, etc etc.
    if there still is a "1" just Save and wake up your sensor.

For me it worked atleast after the second try adding the 1, for all my attempts of adding motion sensors.
    Doesnt work. ive resetted it, resetted homey, resetted zwave chip etc. but no luck. the alarm wont turn off somehow.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    One reply to many questions...

@Ziglar
    In your original settings (wake-up interval at 7200):
    - Did you confirm that the settings of the sensor were updated? Nice indication (that's why I use it) is parameter 89 (tamper alarm).. if correctly updated, the sensor will not flash red, white and blue once you pickup the sensor
    - The ten hour period during the night is nothing to be worried about... I suppose the light intensity during the night remains 0 (less then the 5 lux change you defined in the setting)... and just before 8:03 the light intensity increased

On your remark regarding the wake-up interval at 60 seconds:
    - As also indicated in the manual, the shorter the wake-up interval, the shorter the battery lifetime of the sensor.
    During a wake-up interval, the controller establishes a new connection, updates settings and retrieves all data
    - I only want the illumination data on a higher interval (and save battery life). This should work with parameter 42... So I would still like to discover why this is not working with Homey as controller (other controllers are working with a shorter interval)
    - In addition, I don't know the impact on the stability of the Z-wave network if you use such a short interval... Looking forward to your experience  
    - How many other Z-wave devices / nodes do you have connected to Homey?

@ThijsdeJong ;
    - possible cause of your issues with the AEOTEC sensor might be that you use the device specific parameters of the Fibaro Motion sensor with your AEOTEC.... I do not know the latter sensor; but I am sure that the device specific settings (Associations group and Z-wave configuration) are different...

In general: advice to all new to Z-wave....
    read the manual of your device, understand the meaning of the association groups and Z-wave configuration parameter before copying settings from others
  • One reply to many questions...

@Ziglar
    - Did you confirm that the settings of the sensor were updated? Nice indication (that's why I use it) is parameter 89 (tamper alarm).. if correctly updated, the sensor will not flash red, white and blue once you pickup the sensor
    - The ten hour period during the night is nothing to be worried about... I suppose the light intensity during the night remains 0 (less then the 5 lux change you defined in the setting)... and just before 8:03 the light intensity increased

- As also indicated in the manual, the shorter the wake-up interval, the shorter the battery lifetime of the sensor.
    During a wake-up interval, the controller establishes a new connection, updates settings and retrieves all data
    - I only want the illumination data on a higher interval (and save battery life). This should work with parameter 42... So I would still like to discover why this is not working with Homey as controller (other controllers are working with a shorter interval)
    - In addition, I don't know the impact on the stability of the Z-wave network if you use such a short interval... Looking forward to your experience  
    - How many other Z-wave devices / nodes do you have connected to Homey?

@ThijsdeJong ;
    - possible cause of your issues with the AEOTEC sensor might be that you use the device specific parameters of the Fibaro Motion sensor with your AEOTEC.... I do not know the latter sensor; but I am sure that the device specific settings (Associations group and Z-wave configuration) are different...

In general: advice to all new to Z-wave....
    read the manual of your device, understand the meaning of the association groups and Z-wave configuration parameter before copying settings from others
    Ted, thnx for the advice. I started with the AEOTEC and fiddled with it for a couple of days. I did indeed read the manual be for trying something else, but still no joy. Fibaro is the first day and it works great-ish again thnx for the advice.
  • scoczscocz Member
    got it working and went all OK- untill this midnight homey started to shout out of nowhere. motion detected..?

ive been trying to readd the motion sensor, but it just drops dead. no lights, colors, anything. it will be dead for 5-10 min, then boot back up and fail again. somehow
  • @scocz trying to combine the info you share above and on slack... 
    On slack you indicated that you've reset the sensor...

Did you follow the following steps:
    1) Settings > Z-wave > Remove Node > 3x press of the B-button
    2) reset the Fibaro Motion sensor v2.7 according to the "reset the motion sensor" instruction (video) @ Fibaro manual

After the reset (before adding it to Homey), the tamper alarm would go off if  you pickup the motion sensor (flashing red-white-blue)... was this the case?

What indicated to you that the sensor just drops dead and how do you draw the conclusion that is is booting up after 5-10 minutes?
  • @Ziglar
    1. Did you confirm that the settings of the sensor were updated?
    Nice indication (that's why I use it) is parameter 89 (tamper alarm).. if correctly updated, the sensor will not flash red, white and blue once you pickup the sensor

2. As also indicated in the manual, the shorter the wake-up interval, the shorter the battery lifetime of the sensor.
    3.  How many other Z-wave devices / nodes do you have connected to Homey?
    1. i did confirm the update by holding the fibaro very close to homey, press 3 times B button and wait until the first updat in was visible in the statistics.

2. yes the 60 seconds will decrese the battery life time, for me it was merely a test to see if the settings worked.
    after homey completely crashed after about 20 minutes i had to unplug an reconnect homey.
    then i changed the interval to 300 and tested again. after 1,5 days the zwave chip or homey crashed 2 times and i needed to restart homey to make it response again.
    last night homey/zwave/fibaro worked perfectly, turning on my hallway light when there is movement and illumination is less then 5 lux.

3. i have 2 fibaro motion sensors (great package deal) , i have about 2 KAKU lights and 8 switches, 2 philips hue lights, 9 Plugwise plugs  and some IR devices connected(poor ir signal).

• @Ziglar Thanx for the feedback.
    At this moment I'm also running the motion sensor with a Z-wave wakeup interval of 900 (until the issue with data reports has been solved). It enables further testing of my flows to control my lamps in the living room  ;)

But I observe with this interval a daily crash of the sensor (indicating 'failed' within Z-wave settings) / Z-wave network...

Most likely, I will add a second motion sensor in the (U-shaped) living room. In that way, I'm able to average the readings of both sensors (to determine the lights on trigger) and an update interval of 1800 seconds would be sufficient.

• But I observe with this interval a daily crash of the sensor (indicating 'failed' within Z-wave settings) / Z-wave network...
    Sure it's caused by the 900?  Because mine is set to 1800 and it's failed too sometimes.
    I have other devices (relays) that are failing too sometimes, so your problem is probably more related to Homey having problems with z-wave than the interval being set to 900.