This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• @mbalik79 When you added the sensor did you set "report to association group" to 3?
    For more background info: [How-To] Z-Wave Devices
    Yes I did
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    same problem here.
    fully reset and wiped the homey.
    paired the fibaro, and tried to set : 40,2,10;42,2,300;64,2,900;80,1,0;89,1,0 wich resulted in the error "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined"
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Ziglar Did you see the message I posted in this thread this morning about how to set variables?
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    @Ziglar Did you see the message I posted in this thread this morning about how to set variables?

okey, yes this works. 
    dont think this is the optimal way.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    understatement :) It's just a workaround for the issue with saving variables in 0.8.34
  • @ziglar my experience: setting 40 to 1 will give you continuous updates.. Too often IMHO.
    I'm currently using 40 at 10 lux, but that's even too frequent for indoor usage. I'm considering to go towards 20 lux
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited May 2016
    @TedTolboom hmm ill have a test with that, thanks!

maybe ill just eliminate the illumance change and go with the 5 min updates :(
  • JesperJesper Member
    I'm still not able to set the Z-Wave parameters with the flow editor workaround. I have version v3.2 of the Fibaro motionsensor. Do other people with v3.2 have the same problem?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Jesper ;
    if you edit the parameters in flow, they wil NOT appear in the device config popup.
    but once the device has woken up they will receive the parameters and save them inside.

The best way to see if the parameters worked, is to change one of the LED parameters,
    or have some patience with any of the other parameters.
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    @Jesper , @caseda  i felt the need to press the B button on the fibaro 3 times very close to homey as of my impatience.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited May 2016
    In addition to @Caseda's remark; manually wakeup the Fibaro motion sensor (3x B-button, with the sensor within 1m of Homey) after the update of the parameters (via the flow).

Rationale: By setting the parameters for the sensor via the flow the parameters will be queued within the memory of Homey until the next Z-wave wakeup of the sensor. With above action you do not have to wat for the scheduled wakeup
    (I even doubt if the wakeup interval is working)
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Ziglar ;
    that is not impatience, it is just more convenient and is why the wakeup with B-button is there :)
  • On 0.8.32 I've tested numerous different settings and got the feeling that saved settings wouldn't be sent to my devices on the regular wake up intervals, but would be when I pressed the action button on my devices (All Aeotec) Can't prove it, but experienced every time.
    Have not been able to test yet on 0.8.34 but I'm curious if you recognize this behaviour @caseda
    edited May 2016
    I have the same feeling @DaneeDeKruyff ;;

I will test it this evening by setting parameter 80 back to 10 and not manually waking up the sensor...
    If the regular wakeup interval is working; it should be flashing based on motion after around 2 hours...
  • Ziglar said:
    @TedTolboom hmm ill have a test with that, thanks!
    maybe ill just eliminate the illumance change and go with the 5 min updates :(
    Just for reference... today's Insight on both sensors

Currently with 40 at 10 Lux... as mentioned, I will increase it to 20 or even 50 Lux (saving the battery life)
  • casedacaseda Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff , @TedTolboom ;
    hmm i have actually never looked at that, even though it would be kinda strange to have 2 different wakeup sequences in a device, i will try with two of my sensors.
    I need to re-add them still anyway.
  • @TedTolboom @caseda great, I'm curious for your findings. I won't be able to test anything untill monday.
    edited May 2016
    @caseda @DaneeDeKruyff ;It (no z-wave wakeup interval) could explain why people after adding the sensor will not get data (without updating the parameters via the flow)...

So far, no blinking LED..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @TedTolboom ;
    no that can't be true, the default wakeup time is not specified by homey, it is by default coded in (most) battery devices.

I'm testing now 2 options, keeping the flow alive until change, and deleted flow until change.
    What i think is happening, the parameters are indeed in homey's memory stored with the flow data, so if you delete the flow before the wakeup time is passed it will delete the parameter data as well.

but to be sure, will have you updated in about 1/1,5 hours (if i'm not busy by then.!)
  • @Caseda True or not... it is now more than 2 hours (Z-wave default wakeup interval 7200 sec) after I ran below flow (and did not remove it):

The led is not blinking as it should be during motion detection... So the settings are not updated during the Z-wave wakeup interval or the Z-wave wakeup was not triggered by the sensor.... Next experiment: set all parameters to default (40, 42, 62, 64 all to 0); so no individual triggered reports, the sensor should now report illumination, temperature and battery on every wakeup. Right?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    An update from my side.
    They Both updated their parameter (sensor 1: 80,1,13 & sensor 2: 80,1,15 - different color when seeing motion), so this included the deleted flow, and the flow that is still there.
    it is the only parameter i changed but i don't think this should matter.
    the few reasons i can think of that the parameter is never send
    • it is not saved in memory of homey (= the parameter not been applied/test button was not clicked so the parameter was activated)
    • homey loses it's data along the road somewhere, maybe an other flow can cause this? (it is not 2 parameter flows beside each other, otherwise mine shouldn't have worked)
    • homey has been restart, i might test this tomorrow if it is still being send on wake up interval.
    • Does the (generic) alarm stay on, or does this get triggered, because it might not be talking to homey properly.

@TedTolboom; But to answer your question, yes it should send all information on every wake up interval, if the values have changed (I.E. + or - 1 lux, Temp + or - 0,1°)
  • @Caseda I followed exactly the same steps... 
    After almost 4 hours, the sensor shows that the settings have been updated... after more than the default wakeup interval of 7200 sec... It could be that the sensor / Homey skipped an interval.
  • JesperJesper Member
    Thanks @caseda and @Ziglar. Pressing the B-button did indeed help to update the Z-Wave parameters on the motion sensor. However, it also worked after a night of sleep ;).

But now I have another question. When pressing the B-button my device went in the generic alarm state and will stay in it for I don't know how many minutes/hours (see figure below). I also noticed this yesterday after I connected the motion sensor the first time to my Homey.

- Does somebody know how this generic alarm state is triggered? It is not triggered by the motion alarm or tamper alarm.

• casedacaseda Member
    I think you found yourself a bug, there is not supposed to be a generic alarm in the v3.2 of the sensor.
    maybe something to do with compatibility between the normal Z-Wave version and the Z-Wave+ (plus) version.
    Or has something to do with being an alarm being active while being added i read a while ago.
    @taco .?

@Jesper Do the tamper and motion work though? If so then at least that has been fixed :)
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    @Jesper , try:

1. Unlink the fibaro from the settings-zwave page.
    2. Press and hold the B-button for 4-6 seconds until the LED glows signaling the 2nd menu level. 
    3. Release the B-button. 
    4. Again, press the B-button briefly. Successful reset will be confirmed with the LED changing colour to red and fading.
    5. remove the battery
    6. wait 20 seconds and replace the battery
    7. reconnect the fibaro to homey

• JesperJesper Member
    Everything for my v3.2 Z-Wave plus fibaro motion sensor works (including motion and tamper).

The generic alarm was off when I looked at it now. I will try and see if I can find out how it is triggered and for how long it stays triggered.

I think @Taco can remove the genric alarm for the fibaro motion sensor because I do not see any use for it (motion and tamper are reported separately)
  • My fibaro reports movement as a generic alarm... I can work with it.
  • casedacaseda Member
    All fibaro Motion Sensors until v2.8 (Z-Wave) use Generic Alarm for all alarms
    All Fibaro Motion Sensors with v3.2 (Z-Wave+ (plus)) use separate alarm states.
  • In that case I need to say that I own a old fibaro... Didn't mention it. Sorry
  • JesperJesper Member
    The generic alarm is triggered by pressing the B-button once (for v3.2 Z-Wave plus). The generic alarm turns off within 2 hours after pressing the B-button (do not know the exact time).