This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• @RobinVanKekem ;
    That is the default in the manual,

but since last update not anymore,
    as soon as it's get paired it will change the parameter to: tamper turn off after 30 seconds
    (so not if it's already paired)
  • i am curius, do the multisensors get firmwares themselves?
  • nicornicor Member
    edited August 2016
    @MennoVanGrinsven Would be great if Homey supported the Over-The-Air software updates for devices with OTA capability. 

But then, Fibaro has to publish it's firmwares.. 
  • edited August 2016
    hmmm my sensors do not get the changed settings. i have tripple pressed tbe b-button and the led glows blue. i hit save and get the dialog that the settings have been saved. but still no new settings. Am i missing something?
  • @MennoVanGrinsven ;

other way around, first save the settings in homey.
    hold the fibaro very very close to homey, i hold the fibaro against the homey.
    then press 3 times b and wait until the blue led fades.
  • @Ziglar well i managed to sync the settings when i disabled the greenwave app. now my temp reports are comming in nicely every 30 minutes.
  • disabling Greenwave app to get "zwave work properly"?
  • MarcoF said:
    disabling Greenwave app to get "zwave work properly"?
    Uhm I disabled the greenwave app to get the settings to save properly. After successful save I enabled the app again. Seems like the greenwave app polls a lot and keeps the zwave chip/subsystem busy.  When saving (I guess)  the greenwave app starts polling and the save failea while homey says that the settings were saved. 

I guess that in this case, the system put the save request on the (transmit)  cache/queue successfully, but then the request disappears.

• It seems that the greenwave app/devices is/are requiring too much resources (according to @emile they are slow https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/2#issuecomment-237943465)  .. after adding a second powernode 6 my zwave chip hangs completly (aka to busy even waiting a while) .. 
    So I disabled greenwave for now as well.. hoping for an update 
  • The driver is like any other driver: a sort of blueprint for the device.
    It seems like the powernode 6 doesn't play nice with the Z-Wave library, which every driver uses, which results in a Z-Wave chip being occupied with requests and responses from and to the powernode.
    I guess the Z-Wave library needs to have a way of handling slow devices and it'll all be solved.
  • blusser said:
    It seems that the greenwave app/devices is/are requiring too much resources (according to @emile they are slow https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/2#issuecomment-237943465)  .. after adding a second powernode 6 my zwave chip hangs completly (aka to busy even waiting a while) .. 
    So I disabled greenwave for now as well.. hoping for an update 
    I also have 2 powernode6 connected . For normal use it is OK. But when pairing new zwave devices or saving configuration to devices , disabling to greenwave app prevents a lot of timeouts and busy zwave chip. 
  • After the last update version 1.0.2 I can install fibaro multi sensor, but homey doesn't  give me any readings anymore.
  • I'm trying to add my newly purchased EXPENSIVE FGMS-001, Motion Sensor but keeps getting this: manager.vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE after seeing the z-wave device and nothing gets added.. Pls help.. :)

Regards Henrik
  • happyhp said:
    I'm trying to add my newly purchased EXPENSIVE FGMS-001, Motion Sensor but keeps getting this: manager.vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE after seeing the z-wave device and nothing gets added.. Pls help.. :)

Regards Henrik
    Maybe a reboot (PTP) of homey our re-install Fibaro app?

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    I see zwavebasic.pair in the error...
    Did you install the Fibaro app? 
  • I did try reboot and remove/reinstall..  I get the same error even without the Fibaro app installed. Node gets identified and then the error message and no device added :(.. Can this be firmware related (1.02)? I see that a lot of other people have this working without problems.
  • @happyhp ;
    Take out the battery of the sensor for a few seconds and put it in again (the right way around). 
    What color does the LED show you?

Reset the sensor to its factory defaults by holding the button until it glows yellow, release and click it again shortly, it should only blink red for a short amount of time once done. (can take up to 2 seconds) 

If it only blinked red for a short amount of time try to re add the sensor to homey, and it should work. 

If it still gives the error tell me what color it showed you when you plugged in the battery so I can asses if it is the sensor is broken or homey's zwave chip is broken
    (the latter probably not the case, sure for 90%)
  • happyhphappyhp Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda ;
    I did a reset of the z-wave network and a reset of the sensor. That worked. Now i have another issue, Lux is constantly at 0 and motion/tamper alarm is on. Temperature is working smile 
  • @happyhp what homey version are you on? And what version of the sensor do you have, normal zwave, or zwave plus
  • He mentions FGMS-001 so the older one without plus.

• @Mathijs ;Zwave plus is also fgms-001  ;)

But nonetheless, you probably are right for non zwave plus. 

@happyhp
    Then you will have to wait for 1.0.3 homey update (probably), there snuck in a bug that prevents the non zwave plus version to not behave properly for some people. 
    Athom was investigating this issue, don't know if it was fixed already but my guess it is in the next update 
  • Hi Since there were no updates in thid discussion, should everything work now?
    I have huge issue's with my multisensor, I can't even rely on if my sensor setting are communicated to the sensor ....
    sometimes it reacts (but only when i don't want it to work apparently .. 
  • I have also huge problems with my fgms-01 multisensor (non plus version).

Sometimes it works for a week, and sometimes not. And no updates in insights.

I have bought a hue motion sensor and that works out of the box for a couple of weeks now. I think i sell the fgms-01 on the market place.

• I there a preferred config for the Fibaro multisensor for Homey?  (Settings)
  • What helps a lot, with changing settings of my (zwave plus version) multisensor, is to wake up the sensor, before I press the save button.

What I do:
    - Place the sensor near Homey
    - Change the setting I want to change to just something random.
    - Press save
    - Change the setting to the value I want
    - Wake up the sensor (triple click the button)
    - Press save again

• hnijveen said:
    I there a preferred config for the Fibaro multisensor for Homey?  (Settings)
    This completely depends on the position (outside or inside / in direct light or in the shadow) and intented use of the sensor... in this topic several settings have been shown. But best is to adapt them to your needs. 

What helps a lot, with changing settings of my (zwave plus version) multisensor, is to wake up the sensor, before I press the save button.

What I do:
    - Place the sensor near Homey
    - Change the setting I want to change to just something random.
    - Press save
    - Change the setting to the value I want
    - Press save again

@keverjeroen First steps do not contribute a lot / will create additional 'command_class_configuration' queues

Most reliable way to update battery powered motion sensors (Fibaro or Neo) 
    - Place the sensor near Homey (< 1 meter)
    - Change the settings to the values you want
    - During the blinking of the LED (indicating connection to Homey) press "save settings"

If this is not working (it can take some time before first reports / effect become visible), 
    - Change the settings I want to change to just something random.
    - Press save
    - And re-do steps mentioned above
  • hnijveen said:
    I there a preferred config for the Fibaro multisensor for Homey?  (Settings)
    This completely depends on the position (outside or inside / in direct light or in the shadow) and intented use of the sensor... in this topic several settings have been shown. But best is to adapt them to your needs. 

Thx Ted, you're right. Let me rephrase my question: Are there in the proces to adept the settings of the fibaro device to fit your needs some do's & don'ts to take into account?
  • @hnijveen Some suggestions:
    - The settings that are implemented in the app, are the most commonly used functions (and are tested by the developer). I would not advice to use the expert parameters.
    - Understand what the purpose of the setting (parameter or group) is before changing; either by understanding the hint (description as provided by the app) or by reading through the manual of your device: manuals.fibaro.com/motion-sensor/ (choose the right version, see label on the box of the sensor)
    - Be cautious with changing settings to levels triggering too many reports (resulting in battery draining). E.g. lowering the illumination threshold to 1 lux or the interval to every 5 seconds... In my setup (inside dark corner), it runs perfectly with an interval every 180 seconds and with a threshold of 20 lux

• Can please some one explain how I can turn of the led of the multisensor?
    These settings dont work:

• 0burner0 said:
    Can please some one explain how I can turn of the led of the multisensor?
    These settings dont work:

before save settings Wake the fibaro up

press 3 times the WAKE-up button and AFTER that save your settings