This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Bluetooth

Mi Flora app - by Emile Nijssen

MichaelDMichaelD Member
edited April 2018 in Archive
Mi Flora app for Xiaomi Plant Sensor.

Discussion thread for this new app.

This app makes my Homey unstable or it crashes itself. It finds my 3 plant sensors without problem but no data is received. After reboot of homey i get data on one sensor but then homey crashes. When i delete the app homey is stable again.
Tagged:

Comments

• There is already a bug reported for this behaviour https://github.com/WeeJeWel/com.mi.flora/issues

Lets hope it will be fixed soon. Isn't it a bit of a fun device or do your plants really benefit of it?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    MichaelD said:
    Mi Flora app for Xiaomi Plant Sensor.

Discussion thread for this new app.

This app makes my Homey unstable or it crashes itself. It finds my 3 plant sensors without problem but no data is received. After reboot of homey i get data on one sensor but then homey crashes. When i delete the app homey is stable again.
    Thanks for creating the generic topic. Maybe good to make a little bit more a startpost of your post (even when your not the developer because the developer doens't always is active at the forum)

It's best to report issues regarding an app at the github of the app wich can be found at the app page, a developer doesn't always check the forum because it's a community forum
  • Hi Guy's,
    Is this a zigbee device?
    Is bluetooth alredy working on homey?
    THX!

• It's a bluetooth device and as such, at the moment it's not really worth the trouble to install the app. I tried it and it doesn't work at all. No data comes in and it crashes all the time. Hopefully the whole Bluetooth situation will get better soon...
  • The worse part of it, in my opinion is that Athom delivered a new app in the store. And after a day they stated in a repley on a commet that it not working because of a know issieu and wil be fixed in the next homey update.

So is there no testing from their side? Thats worries me the most.
  • Oy1974 said:
    The worse part of it, in my opinion is that Athom delivered a new app in the store. And after a day they stated in a repley on a commet that it not working because of a know issieu and wil be fixed in the next homey update.

Confusing maybe, but Emile Nijssen submitted a community app to the store as ha has done before.
    Athom published apps are supported and have had a quality testing. 
  • Oy1974 said:
    The worse part of it, in my opinion is that Athom delivered a new app in the store. And after a day they stated in a repley on a commet that it not working because of a know issieu and wil be fixed in the next homey update.

Confusing maybe, but Emile Nijssen submitted a community app to the store as ha has done before.
    Athom published apps are supported and have had a quality testing. 
    Jup and emile isnt from athom Duh
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    Oy1974 said:
    Jup and emile isnt from athom Duh
    he isn't from Athom true, he IS Athom, as he's (just) the co-owner :wink:

but as it was a personal thingy, he uploaded it on his own name.
    like the xbox one app was, and the hyperion app still is
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited March 2018
    I  should have put a ;) behind it.

But the fact is there shouldnt be uploaded apps that are not working, and then saying yeah we know but wil be fixed in next firmware update.

its not very proffesional, nobody must do that and for sure not athom or a employe or the co-owner. its just riddiclus.

"ze motten nog veel leren"
  • Emile is very likely running a firmware where his app does work, bit sloppy to publish the app in the stable channel instead of Alpha.

On the other hand bad publicity is better than none.
  • I guess the Mi Flora will be here from China sooner than the Firmware, but I will give them the  option to surprise me ;-)
  • rvowrvow Member
    The Mi Flora app worked for me when it was not crashed. It transmitted all sensor data. It recorded in the Insights. The Mi Flora needs to be quite close to Homey. I know that 8 m distance without walls works well, 15 m with two walls disconnects the Mi Flora from Homey.
    Unfortunately, I also have app crashes. Sometimes every 5 minutes. I disabled the app for now.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Emile is very likely running a firmware where his app does work, bit sloppy to publish the app in the stable channel instead of Alpha.

On the other hand bad publicity is better than none.
    The app is published as experimental.
  • Ok, sorry, it's not in the stable channel, it's beta.

Still I don't understand a user is able to install it on a Homey which doesn't have the correct firmware level to run this app as there is a mechanism in place to prevent that.
  • rvow said:
    The Mi Flora app worked for me when it was not crashed. It transmitted all sensor data. It recorded in the Insights. The Mi Flora needs to be quite close to Homey. I know that 8 m distance without walls works well, 15 m with two walls disconnects the Mi Flora from Homey.
    Unfortunately, I also have app crashes. Sometimes every 5 minutes. I disabled the app for now.
    @Emile stated : That's indeed a Homey bug (BLE is still experimental after all) and will be fixed in v1.5.9

1.5.9 is a minor version, may arrive soon...

• modbreak: Moved Discussion about the other Mi Flora App by @koktail to his Own App-Discussion here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/5030/xiaomi-mi-flora-sensor-ropot-community-app/p1
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    Today there are two apps that are in the appstore, Emile and i decide that i'll take over his app and make is compatible with mine.

For questions you van post on topic: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/5030/xiaomi-mi-flora-sensor-ropot-community-app/p1
This discussion has been closed.