This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Bluetooth

[App] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot community app

koktailkoktail Member
edited April 2018 in Apps

Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

This app integrate the Xiaomi mi flora sensor and Xiaomi mi flora ropot into Homey.

Currently it is in closed alpha. The app can be installed here: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.koktail.homey-mi-flora if you have alpha permissions. If you want i can add you to the list. PM me with your email account that is attached to your homey account. 

Usage

1. Install app
  2. Add device(s) to Homey.
  3. Configure threshold in the device configuration.
  4. Make a flow with one of the cards.

You can configure the timeout between polls in the app's settings.

Cards

Global cards

Trigger cards

1. Some device sensor is changed.
    • device
    • sensor
    • value

Device cards

Trigger cards

• device
    • sensor
    • value
  2. Sensor value is below the configured threshold.
  3. Sensor value is above the configured threshold.

Condition cards

1. De plant !{{has not|has}} a correct temperature.
  2. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough sunlight.
  3. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough fertilizer.
  4. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough moisture.
Tagged:

Comments

• koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018
    I did't know there was an athom app for the mi flora BLE. I created an app myself a couple of months ago and its been running for 2 weeks stable now with 5 mi flora sensors.

Its not yet available in the app store. But you can try it if you have a developer homey. Its available on github: https://github.com/koktaildotcom/homey-mi-flora

It has some trigger cards and it pushes data to the insights.
  • koktail said:
    I did't know there was an athom app for the mi flora BLE. I created an app myself a couple of months ago and its been running for 2 weeks stable now with 5 mi flora sensors.

Its not yet available in the app store. But you can try it if you have a developer homey. Its available on github: https://github.com/koktaildotcom/homey-mi-flora

It has some trigger cards and it pushes data to the insights.
    Going to test your version this evening @koktail
  • cbhcbh Member
    @koktail: Looking forward to test it - have you considered integrating the "RoPot" from Ziaomi Flora as well?
    Perhaps you and @Emile could consider joining the apps (to get the full potential from to developers combined ;-) )

• Running smooth so far.
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018

Running smooth so far.
    Thanks for testing!

There are some triggers and condition cards as well:
    1. Install app.
    2. Add device(s) to Homey.
    3. Configure threshold in the device configuration. (min to max range).
    4. Make a flow with one of the cards. There are some cards globally
    Trigger cards
    * device
    * sensor
    * value

There are some cards device specific
    Trigger cards
    * device
    * sensor
    * value
    1. Sensor value is below the configured threshold.
    2. Sensor value is above the configured threshold.

Condition cards
    1. De plant !{{has not|has}} a correct temperature.
    2. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough sunlight.
    3. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough fertilizer.
    4. De plant !{{has not|has}} a enough moisture.
  • Here some insights of the temperature of last week B)
  • Is the 15 minutes interval an acceptable thing?
  • cbh said:
    @koktail: Looking forward to test it - have you considered integrating the "RoPot" from Ziaomi Flora as well?
    Perhaps you and @Emile could consider joining the apps (to get the full potential from to developers combined ;-) )

I added support for the "RoPot". Only the cards are not supported yet. Because i don't own a Xiaomi flora ropot i could not test it. Can you verify the correct behavior?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018
    Is the 15 minutes interval an acceptable thing?
    Performance wise? 
    The app uses only 18.0 MB.

The interval is configurable in the apps settings. I could make it an 'action card', then the user is free to update it whenever he wants.
    I can imagine that if you using Bluetooth speakers you don't want an interruption every 15 minutes.
  • No. Was just wondering about performance and maybe some battery lvl's?
  • cbhcbh Member
    All my five Flower Care Sensors are found and included flawlessly - but unfortunately none of the RoPots are...

The "Device Card" is ingenious!
    Only: If the "value" token from the card reports true/false - I know it might not be that easy, but if somehow the token could report the measured value, that would be more fun :-)
    Or perhaps (and I don't know if that's possible at all) if there were tokens on this card that represent the corresponding limits? Then you could have one flow with the main card and then an action flow card with tokens corresponding to "device", "value", "limit" covering all your sensors...

Could adding a token with the name of the sensor to the trigger card for the sensor be an idea? Then you can drag the sensor id to the action card (that could be a log message or a push message) and you would have the name of the device directly there - instead of having to write it yourself (and remeber to change it, if you change name of the sensor (I know, lazy me))...
  • No. Was just wondering about performance and maybe some battery lvl's?
    It uses 18 - 25MB memory and 0 CPU as shown the developer profiler.
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018
    cbh said:
    All my five Flower Care Sensors are found and included flawlessly - but unfortunately none of the RoPots are...

The "Device Card" is ingenious!
    Only: If the "value" token from the card reports true/false - I know it might not be that easy, but if somehow the token could report the measured value, that would be more fun :-)
    Or perhaps (and I don't know if that's possible at all) if there were tokens on this card that represent the corresponding limits? Then you could have one flow with the main card and then an action flow card with tokens corresponding to "device", "value", "limit" covering all your sensors...

Could adding a token with the name of the sensor to the trigger card for the sensor be an idea? Then you can drag the sensor id to the action card (that could be a log message or a push message) and you would have the name of the device directly there - instead of having to write it yourself (and remeber to change it, if you change name of the sensor (I know, lazy me))...

correct, the RoPots identification name was invalid. In master i've commited a fix. Can you try that again?

The trigger `device` card has the sensor value as `labels`.
    * device -> The name of the device.
    * sensor -> The name (or id) of the sensor capability.
    * value -> The value of the sensor.

I think a `limit` or `min`/`max` `label` on the `trigger card` is not the best way.
    There is already a `device specific condition card` that cover that scenario. There must be an implementation of that `card` only not device specific.

So you can have a Condition card: Some plant !{{has not|has}} a enough moisture.
  • R0elR0el Member
    edited April 2018
    Looking great so far! When are you going to submit it to the store? :smiley:
  • @koktail nice work! Updating great so far.

I do notice that on the beta iOS app, the mobile device card remains blank. Whereas the mobile device card on the webinterface is showing correctly. See https://github.com/koktaildotcom/homey-mi-flora/issues/3

I proposed a few changes in a PR on GH (ie. changing device class to sensor to make use of the default trigger cards for temperature, illumination and battery).
  • R0el said:
    For now it's a closed alpha, I can add you to the list if you want?
  • koktail said:
    R0el said:
    Closed alpha as in if you know how to install it from GitHub? Otherwise, could you add me to the list?

I just received my Flora sensors and your app seems to be more reliable than the app in the app store.
  • Phuturist said:
    koktail said:
    R0el said:
    Closed alpha as in if you know how to install it from GitHub? Otherwise, could you add me to the list?

I just received my Flora sensors and your app seems to be more reliable than the app in the app store.
    Alpha from the app store is also possible, but that only works with invited users. When you search for an app and find it but find "a blind spot" you don't have access to it but it's there already :P 
  • rvowrvow Member
    Great, thank you for developing this. I was looking for a working app. Glad to see you got it working within the beta status of Homey's BT. I will wait for the beta of the app :)
  • @koktail working great here on my 2 sensors: will order some additional ones....
    to stress test the app... ;-P
  • cbhcbh Member
    @koktail: Sorry, my mistake regarding the general flow card and the devicename token - works fine (somehow I messed up when saving the flow and thought the token was in the log card I used, but it wasn't)...
    Have one RoPot connected - but the other isn't found (placed side by side and both are seen in the native app on my phone - strange)...
    Would happily accept an invitation to alpha ;-)
  • rvow said:
    Great, thank you for developing this. I was looking for a working app. Glad to see you got it working within the beta status of Homey's BT. I will wait for the beta of the app :)
    I can give you alpha access, please PM me your email you connect to homey with.
  • @koktail working great here on my 2 sensors: will order some additional ones....
    to stress test the app... ;-P
    Thanks for testing it! I'm curious of the outcome. The script is not optimized at all because of the lack of good support voor de BLE in firmware version 1.5.6 to 1.5.8. I want to make it backwards compatible, and optimize the app for >= 1.5.9. (better BLE support).
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited April 2018
    ModBreak: This discussion was created from comments split from: Mi Flora app  and moved to the new discussion for the Community App by @koktail ;
  • cbh said:
    @koktail: Sorry, my mistake regarding the general flow card and the devicename token - works fine (somehow I messed up when saving the flow and thought the token was in the log card I used, but it wasn't)...
    Have one RoPot connected - but the other isn't found (placed side by side and both are seen in the native app on my phone - strange)...
    Would happily accept an invitation to alpha ;-)
    Np, nice to hear it worked out! :)
    Is the `Xiaomi RoPot` driver working correcty? Because i only have the `Xiaomi sensor` and cannot test that part.

Is it possible that you don't have the latest changes from master? There was a bug that added the `Ropot` with the driver of a `Sensor`. Maybe you can re-add (remove + add) the sensors again?

• cbhcbh Member
    edited April 2018
    I updated to the latest version from GitHub (master branch) just before trying - that made it possible to add one RoPot - I can try again after installing the alpha and see if it appears :-)

Installed alpha version, both RoPots found now :-)
  • karlssonkarlsson Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello

Can i have alpha access? Received my sensor today. 
    :)
  • karlsson said:
    Hello

Can i have alpha access? Received my sensor today. 
    :)
  • Running stable here!