This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @caseda. You are right; I just read that the dimmer has only 1 output!

Excellent suggestion, I will check out the FGS-223 !

Do I interpret the manual that - with a momentary switch - I can set both S1 and S2 to On/Off but also 1x, 2x click and hold/release? And, if so, can 'any flow' be triggered with the additional options?

• Eternity said:
    Thanks @caseda. You are right; I just read that the dimmer has only 1 output!

Excellent suggestion, I will check out the FGS-223 !

Do I interpret the manual that - with a momentary switch - I can set both S1 and S2 to On/Off but also 1x, 2x click and hold/release? And, if so, can 'any flow' be triggered with the additional options?

Why not use the 213? 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    @Count_B
    He mentioned double relay, so assumed he needed 2 outputs, the Fgs 213 only has 1 output.

Plus the price (mine were even cheaper, 10 whole cents) and size are exactly the same, so why not :smile:

@Eternity
    Indeed both inputs can be configured for 1x 2x & 3x etc aswell, do keep in mind that it will always switch the output
  • Thanks! 
  • Andreas said:
    I have three Fibaro Switches Two FSG-213 and one FSG223. I always have the issue that after 16-40hours the switches are no more reacting. Means either from Flow and also not from the direct Userinteface. Cant switch them on/off. I have Homey 1.5.3 and the newest Fibaro App.
    If I reboot Homey everything start to working again. I tried to restart the Fibaro app this doesn´t help. The devices are only 6m away from homey. And always all 3 a no more working. I came from Devolo before and didn´t have issues before. Any Idea ? I am a new Homey user and in general I like the possibilities of the system but this basisc must work.
    kind regards
    Andreas
    Hi,
    Is anyone facing the same problem as Andreas.  I see the exact same behaviour on my system (Fibaro app 1.5.9 and Homey 1.5.3).

Aby help is appreciated.

Charley
  • Charley said:
    Andreas said:
    I have three Fibaro Switches Two FSG-213 and one FSG223. I always have the issue that after 16-40hours the switches are no more reacting. Means either from Flow and also not from the direct Userinteface. Cant switch them on/off. I have Homey 1.5.3 and the newest Fibaro App.
    If I reboot Homey everything start to working again. I tried to restart the Fibaro app this doesn´t help. The devices are only 6m away from homey. And always all 3 a no more working. I came from Devolo before and didn´t have issues before. Any Idea ? I am a new Homey user and in general I like the possibilities of the system but this basisc must work.
    kind regards
    Andreas
    Hi,
    Is anyone facing the same problem as Andreas.  I see the exact same behaviour on my system (Fibaro app 1.5.9 and Homey 1.5.3).

Aby help is appreciated.

Charley
    Yes, I get this problem sometimes as well with specific devices strangely enough. 

Best create an issue at https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues
  • I created an issue and I am looking forward.

• vk900vk900 Member
    edited October 2017
    Roephoed said:
    fiek said:

I want to switch off the  Motion sensor plus LED setting in the room of my daughter. My wife gets annoyed by the LED's blinking in the night when she is feeding our daughter.

I have set the setting on inactive and woke up the sensor several times. But the sensor still blinks. I want to make sure if this setting works. Can anyone confirm this?

I have the same problem. Tried several wake ups and settings saves, but it wont update the settings of the fibrao motion sensors (i have multiple, all unable to update the settings).. what am I doing wrong??

EDIT: After several resets of both homey and the FIBARO-sensors, imanaged to update everything. I dont know why i worked, but somehow it did..

Same issue here, I changed the LED color three days ago but nothing happens while the Wakeup is set on the sensor.

Created issue: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/175
  • In the App's info page I read:

"FGS-223:

Scene cards only triggers with the "Main Node" as device.
    The "Right Switch (S2)" as device doesn't work."

I read the same on Robbshop website "Maar 1 relais softwarematig bedienbaar in Vera", but also "2 schakelaars voor de prijs van 1".

So, from a controller point of view, this is a single switch? Why would one buy this, and not the FGS-222, which lacks power measurement, but does have a relay function and two controleable switches.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    @Eternity
    there is a big difference in "Scene cards" (which is only for the receiving end of homey, the single, double, tripple clicking and the hold)
    and being able to change both relays inside.
    not sure why robbshop should mention it that way, but they do things different more often.

the fgs-223 still has 2 relays inside, though differently wired inside, they are still both separately controllable from within homey.

so it is more, why would you choose the fgs-222 that has no scene activation, and also no power measurement.

the only crucial difference is the input part:
    fgs-222 is potential free on the switching part. (no power on the Sx)
    fgs-223 has 230 volts on the Sx connection
  • Thanks @caseda, it starts to make more sense. The potential free switching versus power measurement + scene selecting is the big difference. 

So, the sentence "Maar 1 relais softwarematig bedienbaar in Vera" does not apply to Homey...
  • Charley said:
    Andreas said:
    kind regards
    Andreas
    Hi,

Aby help is appreciated.

Charley
    Yes, I get this problem sometimes as well with specific devices strangely enough. 

Best create an issue at https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues
    Same issue here. Installation of 40+ units (qubino & fibaro mainly). All fibaro units stop working at sporadic intervals - anything from 10 minutes to several hours. Soft restart of homey sorts it for a few minutes, PTP solves for longer. But all fibaro dimmer 2 units stop working, plus one double relay plus (but another one, keeps working strangely - the ONLY fibaro unit which does keep working)!!!
  • Same problem here. In general I feel that the z-wave part of homey is slow and a bit lucky if it works or not. I have only Two motion and two dimmer 2 for testing. Before I do the changeover I need to know that the simplest ting work. 
  • steinis said:
    Same problem here. In general I feel that the z-wave part of homey is slow and a bit lucky if it works or not. I have only Two motion and two dimmer 2 for testing. Before I do the changeover I need to know that the simplest ting work. 
    Over the past time i've been creating some issues with Homey and specifically Fibaro and I must say that as long as it run's, it runs in my opinion. However, i'm currently troubleshooting another issue with Fibaro and i'm even capable of crashing the complete Fibaro-stack (as it looks like now) since I need a complete reboot to get everything back online Fibaro-wise (Hue and other stuff does continue to work)
  • Hey guys,

I have a FGS-222 and the secondary switch isn't switching anymore. Physically or via the UI. I reported an issue:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/181

I do see z-wave activity when I switch, but nothing happens. No flow is executed.

The primary switch is working perfectly. Any idea/suggestions?
  • quakerix said:
    Hey guys,

I have a FGS-222 and the secondary switch isn't switching anymore. Physically or via the UI. I reported an issue:

I do see z-wave activity when I switch, but nothing happens. No flow is executed.

Try to exclude and include. Also had this 2 times with this module on Domoticz, so no controller related bug.
  • Skorpion said:
    quakerix said:
    Hey guys,

Try to exclude and include. Also had this 2 times with this module on Domoticz, so no controller related bug.
    What do you mean by exclude, include? you mean removing the device and trying to connect it again.
  • Is the New FIBARO Radiatorvalve going to be supported? If Yes any ETA (this year)?
  • Is the New FIBARO Radiatorvalve going to be supported? If Yes any ETA (this year)?
    I saw @mruiter already got it working... on SDK2 basis...
  • koeniebertkoeniebert Member
    edited November 2017

vk900 said:
    Roephoed said:
    fiek said:

I want to switch off the  Motion sensor plus LED setting in the room of my daughter. My wife gets annoyed by the LED's blinking in the night when she is feeding our daughter.

I have set the setting on inactive and woke up the sensor several times. But the sensor still blinks. I want to make sure if this setting works. Can anyone confirm this?

I have the same problem. Tried several wake ups and settings saves, but it wont update the settings of the fibrao motion sensors (i have multiple, all unable to update the settings).. what am I doing wrong??

EDIT: After several resets of both homey and the FIBARO-sensors, imanaged to update everything. I dont know why i worked, but somehow it did..

Same issue here, I changed the LED color three days ago but nothing happens while the Wakeup is set on the sensor.

Created issue: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/175

Same problem here. Device is not saving the new settings.
  • Charley said:
    Andreas said:
    kind regards
    Andreas
    Hi,

Aby help is appreciated.

Charley

Same here, after reboot things... starting to work again
  • quakerix said:
    Skorpion said:
    quakerix said:
    Hey guys,

What do you mean by exclude, include? you mean removing the device and trying to connect it again.
    Sorry, missed your reply. Yes, remove the module completely from Homey and after that, include again.
  • micha35wmicha35w Member
    edited December 2017
    Do someone know how to connect more smoke sensors with eachother? Because last time I've had a alarm and 1 device goes off and the rest stay off.

Modbreak: moved the question to the designated topic for fibaro
  • You mean one goes on and the rest stays off?

In my humble opinion this is correct, as they are not able to be triggered externaly.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @micha35w
    Currently there are no battery operated z-wave smoke sensors out there that can be triggered from the outside (not just fibaro), this has to do with that it is asleep 98% of the time to preserve battery life.

the other 2% is to see if the controller has settings that were changed, or in the case of fibaro to send the temperature
    and in very rare cases the smoke/heat alarm.
  • Ok normally with smoke sensors. When one goes in alarm the others goes also in alarm. Because when there is fire downstairs you don't hear him upstairs. Is this because the fibaro software? Or is this because the battery saving?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @micha35w did you even read what i all typed in my response?
    caseda said:
    Currently there are no battery operated z-wave smoke sensors out there that can be triggered from the outside (not just fibaro), this has to do with that it is asleep 98% of the time to preserve battery life.
    That the other also goes in alarm is only with wired smoke sensors, even most non zwave that are battery only do NOT activate the other battery powered smoke sensors
    I guess you only know wired smoke sensors :wink:
  • Sorry I've didn't understand your massage that good. I know there are non adage smoke detectors with battery with a microphone and they respond to eachother.
  • Then let me Google translate it for you as it is normal English which Google translate can handle:
    Dutch
    French
    German
    Swedish
    Need another language, then there are over 100 languages to choose from, probably 1 or 2 in your language.

In short: Z-Wave, alarm can not trigger the rest
  • phbphb Member
    edited December 2017
    @micha35w ; There  are some battery wifi  smoke detectors who respond  to each other like flamingo FA21RF. Master/slave principle. Don't  know about any z-wave smoke detectors. If use flamingo with homey 
This discussion has been closed.