This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• madmaxmadmax Member
    edited August 2017
    I have try this before to set the parameter manual, but with no results...

It's parameter 1:
    http://devel.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/492

• Mod break: Added topic opening post and merged old Fibaro app topic into this one
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2017
    Question about the double switch FGS-222.

UPDATE

Think I have found a solution....
    This setting will probably do what I aim for. It was set to the second option (ON if the switch is in the ON position), but I have set it to the other option.

So, only read the rest if you are keen to learn from my mistake :-)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is a trigger card ' switch has changed' possible?

Two trigger cards are available in the flow editor: 

Would it be possible to add a third: 'has changed' as in ' 'the on/off button has been pressed'
    I believe I have seen other flow actions card that support this trigger.

Motivation
    My curtains can be closed via various actions, by the App, various triggers I created on various smart phones (home members), by hand (...) and this flow:

After a Homey firmware, Homey reboots. It can be that the switch is still in the ON position; which will trigger the curtains flow and open them. As f/w updates happen over night, the curtains are (sometimes) open all night after a reboot.

• @phil_s 1st opportunity to respond...
    had a night off on Friday with some fathers from school.. and recovered yesterday next to the soccer field ;-P

No, don't think it is complicated.... the toggle command is a conditional on / off command handled within Homey; not a Z-wave command... based on the condition of the switch Homey recalls, it will send a ON command in case the switch is in the OFF condition and vice versa...

So setting up the motion sensor, with 255 (ON) at 'Motion detection ON command' and 0 (OFF) at 'Motion detection OFF command' should do the trick.

But there is a BUT...
    The FGS-223 is a multi-channel device; S1 and S2 are two (different) end points (independently switchable) within 1 node(ID). Although the Fibaro Motion sensor supports Multi Channel Association (towards a NodeID + end point), this is not yet implemented in Homey v1.1.9.
    So creating a direct association towards a multi-channel device (like the Fibaro FGS-223 or Greenwave powernode-6) will not be possible (for now). I will add this note to the guide above.
    hey @TedTolboom
    now with the firmware 1.5.2 multichannel association should be working.

can you tell me how i now can direct associate the fgs-223 s1 and s2?

greedings
  • phil_s said:
    @phil_s 1st opportunity to respond...
    had a night off on Friday with some fathers from school.. and recovered yesterday next to the soccer field ;-P

No, don't think it is complicated.... the toggle command is a conditional on / off command handled within Homey; not a Z-wave command... based on the condition of the switch Homey recalls, it will send a ON command in case the switch is in the OFF condition and vice versa...

So setting up the motion sensor, with 255 (ON) at 'Motion detection ON command' and 0 (OFF) at 'Motion detection OFF command' should do the trick.

But there is a BUT...
    The FGS-223 is a multi-channel device; S1 and S2 are two (different) end points (independently switchable) within 1 node(ID). Although the Fibaro Motion sensor supports Multi Channel Association (towards a NodeID + end point), this is not yet implemented in Homey v1.1.9.
    So creating a direct association towards a multi-channel device (like the Fibaro FGS-223 or Greenwave powernode-6) will not be possible (for now). I will add this note to the guide above.
    hey @TedTolboom
    now with the firmware 1.5.2 multichannel association should be working.

can you tell me how i now can direct associate the fgs-223 s1 and s2?

greedings
    Being summoned on Slack to answer a forum question.... that's a first ;-P

If you follow the above steps to set the right parameters, you still need to add the Node ID of the double switch to the right association group.
    Group 2 is the group triggering based on motion alarm.
    Here you need to add the Node ID of the FGS-223 and a .1 for the S1 and .2 for the S2 (seperated by a comma)....

In below example, the Node ID is 12:

Wake-up the motion sensor (3x press the B-button), press save and it should work...
    edited September 2017
    Hm, that sounds interesting to avoid delays in my flows.... direct association.

If you follow the above steps to set the right parameters, you still need to add the Node ID of the double switch to the right association group.

I know the Node ID of my Fibaro switch (FGS-222) and now also know how to fill the Group 2 field. What do I need to setup in the motion sensor (Aeotec 6) to get this to work?

And, the Aeotec sensor seems capable to handle up to 5 Groups, but I only see 1 in the settings page?

• @TedTolboom
    thx you for answer. i will play with this when i am at home.
    but can for example say, if motion detected then toggle with direct associatian s1 and s2?
  • phil_s said:
    @TedTolboom
    thx you for answer. i will play with this when i am at home.
    but can for example say, if motion detected then toggle with direct associatian s1 and s2?
    Yes, and you could also play with the settings linked to this.... e.g. to only switch on the S1 and S2 and not switch off the lamps by the sensor (upon cancellation of the alarm) but by Homey...
  • Eternity said:
    Hm, that sounds interesting to avoid delays in my flows.... direct association.

I know the Node ID of my Fibaro switch (FGS-222) and now also know how to fill the Group 2 field. What do I need to setup in the motion sensor (Aeotec 6) to get this to work?

And, the Aeotec sensor seems capable to handle up to 5 Groups, but I only see 1 in the settings page?

Whereas Fibaro chooses to seperate functionality into different groups, Aeotec combines this into 1 group (in which you can add 4 additional devices).... 

• Trying to use the single group to set the association, I get a red line and can't update the setting. I can set the 29 (ID of the Fibaro, but without setting the S1 or S2).

Is this a Aeotec issue (bug)?
  • Eternity said:

Trying to use the single group to set the association, I get a red line and can't update the setting. I can set the 29 (ID of the Fibaro, but without setting the S1 or S2).

Is this a Aeotec issue (bug)?
    @Eternity there is still a bug (known to athom) that for some devices multichannel association is not working..
  • Thanks @TedTolboom !
    I was almost (...) doubting myself ;-)

• Eternity said:
    Thanks @TedTolboom !

I was already doubting you too... for posting Aeotec questions in the Fibaro topic  :D
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    It is no bug that some devices don't have it, there are just a lot of devices that can't send multi channel association, so if the note is not there, the device does not support sending endpoints along the association
  • Should have been 29.1,1 also?
    Or 1,29.1 ?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    there is no difference in 29.1,1 and 1,29.1 you just switched the id's (node 29 endpoint 1, and node 1)
  • Ow sorry, silly me.
  • Eternity said:
    Thanks @TedTolboom !

I was already doubting you too... for posting Aeotec questions in the Fibaro topic  :D
    Perhaps I should spread the question over multiple topics, it being
    1. z-wave
    2. Fibaro
    3. Aeotec
    2. Firmware 1.5.2
    3. multichannel association
    related.

Which in a way makes sense, as the forum search function is poor and other Homey users will also want to reap the benefit of the new firmware functionality.
  • bsmitbsmit Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi,

I see some posts from 2016 but, and comments on an update but I still face this problem.

I am trying to connect Fibaro Smoke Detector FGSD-2 and I press the button 3 times in all kind of speed and I have the detector next to Homey. No succes.

Any tips?

Modbreak:

No new topic needed for this question, merged it into already existing topic. Please use the search function first before just opening a topic for a question.

• @bsmit did you try to reset the smoke sensor yet? 
  • I have switched off the blinking setting for my plus fibaro motion sensor  but it is still blinking. I also did A wake up for the motion sensor but that didnt help. Am I doing something wrong?
  • What each time works for me is change a setting of the sensor, hit save. (dialog: settings will be updated on next wakeup). Then wake up the device (click the b button) and update the settings to the correct value (dialog: settings saved). Sometimes you do need to this a couple of times, but in the end it worked for all my sensors (fibaro, aeotec, etc)

• thnx, will try that
  • Do the battery percentages for anyone ever change? All of my devices show "100%" or "-" and never change.
    Once, I removed the battery for a Door windows sensor and added it back, and it showed 32%. But then I removed and added the battery again, and it was back at 100%....
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited September 2017

I want to switch off the  Motion sensor plus LED setting in the room of my daughter. My wife gets annoyed by the LED's blinking in the night when she is feeding our daughter.

I have set the setting on inactive and woke up the sensor several times. But the sensor still blinks. I want to make sure if this setting works. Can anyone confirm this?

• bsmit said:
    Hi,

I see some posts from 2016 but, and comments on an update but I still face this problem.

I am trying to connect Fibaro Smoke Detector FGSD-2 and I press the button 3 times in all kind of speed and I have the detector next to Homey. No succes.

Any tips?
    I might be having the similar situation as you. For me, it went to Node Detected -> Node Identified -> Cannot reach device anymore. I did not even move it.

Going to try to reset the Smoke Detected and try.
  • RoephoedRoephoed Member
    edited September 2017
    fiek said:

I want to switch off the  Motion sensor plus LED setting in the room of my daughter. My wife gets annoyed by the LED's blinking in the night when she is feeding our daughter.

I have set the setting on inactive and woke up the sensor several times. But the sensor still blinks. I want to make sure if this setting works. Can anyone confirm this?

I have the same problem. Tried several wake ups and settings saves, but it wont update the settings of the fibrao motion sensors (i have multiple, all unable to update the settings).. what am I doing wrong??

EDIT: After several resets of both homey and the FIBARO-sensors, imanaged to update everything. I dont know why i worked, but somehow it did..

• I have three Fibaro Switches Two FSG-213 and one FSG223. I always have the issue that after 16-40hours the switches are no more reacting. Means either from Flow and also not from the direct Userinteface. Cant switch them on/off. I have Homey 1.5.3 and the newest Fibaro App.
    If I reboot Homey everything start to working again. I tried to restart the Fibaro app this doesn´t help. The devices are only 6m away from homey. And always all 3 a no more working. I came from Devolo before and didn´t have issues before. Any Idea ? I am a new Homey user and in general I like the possibilities of the system but this basisc must work.
    kind regards
    Andreas
    edited October 2017
    Can a Fibaro double dimmer act as a Fibaro switch?

I have FGS-222 switches installed but like the capability of the scene activation the dimmers have.
    This would be possible if the dimmer can be overrules/bypassed/set to a simple  On/Off (no output / full load) function.

If that is possible, can S1 be set to On/Off and S2 still be capabele of scene selecting (1x, 2x 3x press)?
    Or better still both S1 and S2 - 1x = on/off and multiple presses activate scenes. 

Thanks!

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    The fibaro dimmer 2 is no double dimmer, has 2 inputs but only 1 output.
    But you can set it to just on/off

But if I may add on to your options, if you are buying a new one (and need 2 outputs) you can better go for the double Switch 2 (Fgs 223) which does have scene activation. 
This discussion has been closed.