This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• Will the flows come available in the app? And I meen not trigger them by speech because sometimes speech is just not possible. But show all the created flows in the app and trigger them manually. And even better would be to just let the user choose which flows should be available in the app. No clutter.
  • FrankM said:
    Try going to https://my.athom.com/#/phones and remove any unwanted phones...
    Thanks, did not know this pages existed even. I still have the problem though, after removing all phones except my girlfriends phone (which works), and my new device. Still I dont get any notifications.
  • PBaan93PBaan93 Member
    edited November 2016
    Notifications stopped on my phone and my girlfriends phone yesterday. Tried reinstalling the app but didn't work. It did work for a verry long time, don't know what broke it.
  • Weezul said:
    FrankM said:
    Thanks, did not know this pages existed even. I still have the problem though, after removing all phones except my girlfriends phone (which works), and my new device. Still I dont get any notifications.
    Did you update the flows and select your new phone in the send notification card?
  • Phuturist said:
    Weezul said:
    FrankM said:
    Did you update the flows and select your new phone in the send notification card?
    Yes, even made a new flow, that only sends a test message to my phone.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited November 2016
    here also notifications stopped working yesterday on mine and wifes phone. 
    in the past deleting cash settings and the app and then reinstallation was a way to get things working again.
    Now is doesn't work anymore :-/

Here it stopped working because having the red ring for several hours and had to pull the plug
    Ps : 

• Same here, after deleting old phones notifications stopped working.
  • glijie said:
    here also notifications stopped working yesterday on mine and wifes phone. 
    in the past deleting cash settings and the app and then reinstallation was a way to get things working again.

Now is doesn't work anymore :-/

Yeah, I just did exactly that... cleared cache, wiped data, and uninstalled the app.... after reinstall, I don't see it anymore as a phone linked to my account at all... Tried logging out, and back in, also through browser on phone... no luck so far
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited November 2016
    Here also since this morning no push notifications. My phone is displayed on my Athom 

[Edit] Test button flow is also not working.
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    edited November 2016
    I logged out of the app, and logged back in, my phone is now visible again on "My Athom" but still not receiving any notifications

EDIT: Also, my girlfriends phone now dont receive notifications anymore, which was still happening this morning AFAIK
  • Since a few days my app is completely blank: no devices, no speech recognition, nothing. Same happened on my girlfriends phone. Are you experiencing the same thing? Any suggestions?
  • logout-login?
  • logout-login?
    I did a logout-login (by reinstalling the app). That helped, but I'm now experiencing a different problem:
    At home the app works and also my.athom.com gives me the possibility to login to Homey. But when I'm out (not on the same network as Homey) the app stops working (it gives an empty screen) and my.athom.com says Homey is offline.

So it looks like there is something wrong with the webhook service (my educated guess).

Are you also experiencing these problems?
  • It automagically started working again? Any idea what could have caused this? I didn't change anything.
  • Hi All,

Media is not working, try to reinstall the app, and there is no difference.
    when I choice media, app is trying to repainting but give no media screen.

In/Out detection is also not working.
  • AVdKolk said:
    Hi All,

Media is not working, try to reinstall the app, and there is no difference.
    when I choice media, app is trying to repainting but give no media screen.

In/Out detection is also not working.
    Media has been temporarily removed from Homey, so you can't use it in the app either.
    (maybe they should remove it from the app until it's available again...)
  • iTSMeiTSMe Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't see any cards in the app, on Android 4.2.2. Already removed and installed again (also on the Phones page removed the device). Homey and the tablet are on the same network, and I thought that a few day's ago there where some devices. It seems not possible to trigger an update to get the devices from the Homey and can't find any log.

Any thoughts on getting the devices back on the tablet?4
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2016
    Also on my tablet SM-T520 Android 4.4.2 the App.2.3.0 build 56 does not show the devices, rooms are visible and can be choosen. On my smartphone S6 with Android 6.0.1 and the same App, it's all working fine. The text "Media will soon be back.."  is shown on both devices.
  • The landscape mode is not supported in the app, is this a setting, bur or by design?

When using a tablet the app can only be used in portait mode, the benefits of a tablet are gone.
    It is for example inpossible to login because the keyboard is only half shown, to login you have to copy/past username and password into the fields.

Maybe the landscape option can be added or fixed....
  • Peao said:
    When I open the App on my tablet and log in the background turns white and I can't see any devices. The voice graph and the top room display and changer are functional though. Maybe because its a 2560x1600 screen? (Toshiba Excite Pro)
    Having the same problem on my Samsung tab 2 with Android 4.2.2 On my S6 the app works ok.

• can i use the app without an account?

Problem is i have a iphone and when i use the same account the homey believes i am at home because my tablet is at home with the same account...

When i create a new account the the Homey sees this as a person but it is only a device, NOT a peron.
    So i cannot use the statement  'when somebody' or 'when nobody' is at home because the account for the tablet is always at home...

So how do i control homey from my (android) tablet without having to create a seperate account and it does NOT check if this tablet is present or not.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited January 2017
    @B3rt  You can disable the Home Detection on your tablet in : Settings :: Home Detection :: Use home detection.
  • JPeJPe Member
    On my Phone the devices are shown good, but on my Tablet the devices don't fit on the screen so the slider isn't visible, see attached pictures;

• JPe said:
    On my Phone the devices are shown good, but on my Tablet the devices don't fit on the screen so the slider isn't visible, see attached pictures;

Already mentioned this to @Athom , @Emile and @Annemarie . Any update?
  • Did you file an issue for this on Github?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited January 2017
    @BasVanDenBosch  : I just did, thanks for reminding me.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1231
  • will there be in the future a app like homewizard? The app Homey is not showing much info like homewizard, and is not that handy in use.
    This is the reason i still don`t use Homey.
  • I've also have the homewizard with the energylink. I have also an alarmsystem. I bought the Homey while I want to combine those two in one.
    Until now I  use the Homey only experimental,  for the same reason as danielbloem