This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

TKB Home ZWave App (request for..)

Comments

• Thanks for the app, works great.

Question:

I have a TKB wall plug, TZ68G Z-wave PLUS.

Is this the same as “your” Wall plug (Z-Wave Plus) TZBET68 ?? (did not find this number on the TKB site)

If not, which one should I use ?

And

Is secure communication (encrypted) possible with these TBK Z-wave PLUS wall plugs ?

Happy holidays  :)

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @PacoS You can find out your self by just trying it out, if the device is supported it will choose the right driver for you, it's mostly because of how to activate learn mode on the device, this is all the same for Wall plugs. 
    If it isn't supported it will be included as a generic device, but my guess is that it is the same device. 

If your device is close enough, the device will automatically make a secret key handshake, and thus be encrypted afterwards. 
  • caseda said:
    @PacoS You can find out your self by just trying it out, if the device is supported it will choose the right driver for you, it's mostly because of how to activate learn mode on the device, this is all the same for Wall plugs. 
    If it isn't supported it will be included as a generic device, but my guess is that it is the same device. 

If your device is close enough, the device will automatically make a secret key handshake, and thus be encrypted afterwards. 

Ok, thanks.

My TZ68G Z-wave PLUS was added as the Wallplug (Z-Wave Plus) TZBET68, so they are the same (tried the 2 different wallplugs - was always added as Z-Wave Plus-TZBET68).

Adding at a distance of 30 cm to Homey: NO secure communication/encryption.

• Hi @caseda

For Christmas I got a TZ67G wall plug dimmer, a ZWave+ version. When adding it to Homey it only added a generic ZWave device. Could you add support for this as well in the app? What information would you need from me to do this?

Thanks!
    Den
  • @DenW
    if it is the same situation as the TZ68 (Z-Wave Plus), which it most probably is, then it's very easy to add.
    i will only need the node information in the generic device's settings.
  • Hi @caseda

OK, then this should be it.. :)

Thanks again!
    Den
  • caseda said:
    [...]
    Fixed TZ65D right button flow triggers, and status update(s) on hardware changes
    [...]
    Do we need to re-include the device for the triggers to work (having troubles..)?
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited January 2017
    My right button 2 x click triggers are not working anymore. Right button 1 x clicks are behaving normally.
    Firmware update to 1.1.2 is the only change so I guess this is where the problem is, but just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing problems also.. ?

Update 04-01-17: problem has disappeared. Everything working as it should now.

DenW
  • @caseda
    Can I ask if you've already looked at adding the TZ76G+ version to the app?
    Not trying to push you or anything, just a kind information request.. <span>:smile:</span>

Thanks! DenW
  • @DenW
    hope you mean the TZ67 :wink: is added in the upcoming update, still busy with last changes on a new driver before submitting it to the appstore
  • Thanks @caseda
    yes, I do mean TZ67.. sorry about that. and thanks for the quick reply!
  • update 1.0.1 has just gone up for approval in the app-store

changelog:

1.0.1: Added support:

• TSM02 - 4-in-1 Multi Sensor
    • TSP01 - 3-in-1 Multi Sensor
    • TZ35 - Single & Dual Wall Dimmer
    • TZ36 - Single & Dual Wall Switch
    • TZ55 - Single & Dual Wall Dimmer
    • TZ56 - Single & Dual Wall Switch
    • TZ67-PLUS Wallplug Dimmer (Z-Wave Plus)
    Updated Association Group Hints
    Updated Z-wave driver (1.1.2)
  • @caseda
    Thanks very much for updating the app! The update downloaded today, did not have a chance yet to check out the new stuff. Hope to have time before the weekend.. <span>:smiley:</span>

• @caseda
    Are there any plans for supporting the TKB_TZ57, this one has 2 outputs for wired switching.

• @Jwoudenberg
    if you can give me the node information (found in the setting menu when you include it without being in the app) then i can add it
  • edited February 2017
    I just bought a tkb tz36d switch. even though I checked If it was supported it's recognized as a unknown zwave device. The left flipper is working fine but with the right flipper i want to swich multiple devices. (Kika, Fibaro and hue). Can someone tell me how to set it?
  • @Erik_van_Schelven
    can be that tkb has been doing things to certain devices (i think the 36 is 1 of those)
    i used the id's specified in the original order to the z-wave association, but that seems wrong.

could you give me the node information? (found in the setting menu when you include it without being in the app)
  • of course! here is is:

• Will the ZRC-90 Scène Master support in the near future?
  • @HansieNL
    is that one from TKB Home? seems more like one from remotec.
    there is no app for remotec yet, so no real place to ask for it yet.

i am not going to add it into this app at least.
    you could try with someZwave app, since remotec doesn't have that many z-wave devices (i believe)
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL
    is that one from TKB Home? seems more like one from remotec.
    there is no app for remotec yet, so no real place to ask for it yet.

i am not going to add it into this app at least.
    you could try with someZwave app, since remotec doesn't have that many z-wave devices (i believe)
    Is it not the same? Looks like just a rebranding to me.
  • @HansieNL
    google had failed me, there is indeed a zrc90 in the tkb product oversight
    will need the id's though (node information) of the device.

don't expect support too too soon though, it's on the bottom of my list and not a device i can easily copy paste fully.
  • caseda said:
    @Jwoudenberg
    if you can give me the node information (found in the setting menu when you include it without being in the app) then i can add it
    Thanks, but i didn't bought it.
    I went with one that is supported  :) thanks for offering.
  • @caseda
    can you tell me if you have enough information, or do you need more info?
  • @Erik_van_Schelven
    i think that is enough information, thank you.

if not you will hear it from me :smile:
  • @caseda

I got the TKB_TZ56D, just installed it with the TKB app installed.
    But it doesn't recognize the app for this device.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2017
    @Jwoudenberg
    looks like the same id's as the TZ36, so the same device but a little different outer casing (tkb home does this alot)
    so will be included when i add/change/update/"fix" the TZ36 as well :+1:

and it is not the TZ57 like you mentioned before?
  • caseda said:
    @Jwoudenberg
    looks like the same id's as the TZ36, so the same device but a little different outer casing (tkb home does this alot)
    so will be included when i add/change/update/"fix" the TZ36 as well :+1:

and it is not the TZ57 like you mentioned before?

Big thanks, will make a paypal donation for all your hard work.

No it's not the TZ57, i decided to buy the TKB_TZ56D
  • @caseda
    Thanks again for adding the dimmer module! The app is working flawlessly.

I have a more general question I think you can answer, considering your experience with building this app:
    When adding a ZWave module you have to specify the make (by app choice) and module (by device in the app). If however I select the wrong device in the app, the device will not pair correctly.
    Is it really necessary for the user to specify the device model # that needs adding? Can't you just add a device and let the adding process decide what the best match is?

Not suggesting you rewrite the app to work like this, just want to know if this is possible out of curiosity... :)

Thanks!
    DenW

• @DenW it is already working that way, and is not handeld by the app but the zwave core. 

The app only specifies the id's it supports. 
    Also the reason, if there is no app where that id is supported, it will include it so a generic (unknown) device

So it does not matter that you select the wrong one (even the wrong brand), or select "zwave" under homey. homey will always select the right driver for you.
    The device selection is mostly because of "how to start learning mode" of the device you want to include

If it goes wrong then it is either not supported by an app (installed on your homey), or there is another app using the same id's (not very likely)
    Or an outside thing that interfering during inclusion, which can also happen with the right driver selected. 
    Not possible because you selected the wrong one.