This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

TKB Home ZWave App (request for..)

Comments

• woops i used a wrong value for the HW changes :blush: (same is for TZ67)
    (woohoo for copy/pasting the same mistake :D)

will send the update with the fix to the store when i have the definitive answer about the dimmers' buttons
    you won't need to re-add them, so you can use them whenever already :smile:
  • Thanks 
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited October 2016
    @caseda ;
    OK.. managed to do some testing. App version 0.9.3, Homey version 0.10.5. Just to be sure I re-added the switch. Made a very simple flow where Homey just says "Working" on the trigger.

None of the left button triggers trigger the flow at all, while the hardware obviously functions (kitchen lights react).
    The right button triggers for On\Off do activate the simple flow, all the others don't. 

Any more info I can give you to troubleshoot?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW ;;
    damn, no left switch.. i'll come back to this, need to investigate the module a little bit more extensive seems like :sweat_smile: will let you know more in the upcoming (few) days :smile:
    the switch will come with full functionality the upcoming update (0.9.5).

@djesko
    i will update the TZ67 and TZ68 into the appstore so they at least work on HW changes :smile:

• @caseda ;
    Thanks again! Anxiously awaiting 0.9.5.. :smile: 
    And again, if there is anything I can do to help besides testing..
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited October 2016
    Did update to 0.9.4 and sorry to say that Hw switch don't work,  do I need to remove and add device?  

Edit: did remove and add but no luck 

Thanks 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @djesko ;;
    do you have homey fw: 0.10.7?

if so, then that is the issue, there has been something changed in 0.10.7 that completely breaks all hardware change reports to homey
    currently trying to fix it... but it's a hard call on me cause it's in the z-wave driver, and don't now fully how it works yet
  • caseda said:
    @djesko ;;
    do you have homey fw: 0.10.7?

if so, then that is the issue, there has been something changed in 0.10.7 that completely breaks all hardware change reports to homey
    currently trying to fix it... but it's a hard call on me cause it's in the z-wave driver, and don't now fully how it works yet
    0.10.7 yes,  then i wait and hopefully there is a fix soon. Thanks for your good work and will donet asap when you get a link... 
  • @caseda ;
    I'm not sure what the status of the app is at the moment. In its current version the right switch does not appear to work correctly, but i'm not sure if I read correctly that this can not be fixed until a later Homey firmware update?
    Or is it just app update 0.95 that will fix this?

Hope you can clarify. Many thanks (again..) !
    Den
  • i don't need an homey update to get it fixed, just 0.9.5.

But it will take some weird not around the corner scripting, using some weird workarounds to get it working properly :tongue: 
    haven't started on that just yet, since isn't an easy thing for me to write, i need a lot of time (and testing) to get it stable enough for app uses.

still learning a lot of javascript things that will make it easier for me to code something for that "issue".

lets just say, i do understand now why most controllers don't have the right button implemented :tongue:
    but it will work.!
  • Quick answer as usual.. thanks! :smile: 

OK.. it appears there is nothing I can do at the moment but leave you to it and patiently await the release of 0.9.5... I'm sure you will get around to it.
    As always, if there is anything I can do to help, send me a message!

Thanks for your hard work and precious time!
    Den
  • Hi Caseda

Did try hw status change but no response,  neeed to reinstall app or wait for 0.9.5? 

Thanks 
  • @djesko ;
    it should work in 0.9.4, can you indeed please try to re-include it if it doesn't work

if it still doesn't work i will need to look into it more deeper.. maybe even need a debug of it, i believe you've installed/run apps via CLI before?
  • Yes Cli done before,  will re-include later today 

Thanks 
  • @caseda ;
    did add a new tkb today and no HW change , what do you want me to test ? 
  • @djesko while being busy with the TZ65(D) yesterday I noticed that the switch also doesn't send its status always and need to poll it for this. 

This is might be the same for your device(s) hw changes.
    So I need to poll them.

I'll update the code for this, this evening, but you can't put the poll interval lower them 60 seconds (so every minute)

It will be 0 by default since not everyone is going to use the hw button and I want to keep the traffic to be as low as possible. 

Just to verify if my guess is right:
    does it update the status if you disable the app,
    switch the socket with the button
    and then enable the app again?

And to verify that it doesn't send the command to a different association group, could you add homey's ID to the other groups, save and then try again (if there are any other?)
  • @caseda ;

your guess is right !    

Thanks
  • @DenW & @All using the build-in dimmer
    i have fixed the TZ65 right switch flow triggers and now also updates the output better (not perfect, but it's the best i can do to also be able to include the right switch triggers)
    you can find it on my github

will not publish it yet since i still want to fix @djesko's issue, and then update error logging to the new way.

something for tomorrow :smile:
  • @caseda ;
    Again.. thanks! I think I will wait however until I can download the new version from the store. At the moment I don't have the time to look into downloading and installing from cli.
    Really appreciate your hard work on this app..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    i've put the update (1.0.0) of the TKB Home app for acceptance in the app store.
    Changelog 1.0.0:

Update Z-Wave driver (1.1.0)
    Fixed TZ65D right button flow triggers, and status update(s) on hardware changes
    Add support TZ66 (Single & Dual)
    Add support TZBET68
    Add Polling for TZ67 and TZ68 (needed if people use the hardware button.)

if you still find issues, please let me know :smile:
  • @caseda ;

Thanks  ,   where do i send the Christmas present ?  :)  
  • @djesko i did put a magic re-filler link into the readme file :smile:
  • @caseda ;

Magic send 
  • @caseda ;

Can you see status on app approval? 

Thanks 
  • @djesko I cannot, it's completely "random" when apps are being checked if they are good enough. 

It can be today still, but also up until end of this week (or even later if sickness is causing delays) 
  • @caseda ;

Ok, thanks 

Did you get the donation? 

• @djesko yes i did :blush: thanks so much.! 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    App 1.0.0 has just been released in the app store. 
    Enjoy! 

If you do still find a bug or improvement, don't be shy to report it. 
    I won't bite (hard at least :tongue:)
  • Works great 
  • Hey @caseda
    Thanks for updating the app to V1.0. It works great!
    I also donated a little money to your Paypal account as a token of my appreciation for your hard work and support on the app.. Keep up the excellent job!
    Many thanks..
    Den