This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

TKB Home ZWave App (request for..)

Comments

• That's bad,  hopefully will Athom fix it asap.  We need your app development skills :)  

Hopefully a sw fix,  
  • @DenW ;
    are you able to include your TZ65D into homey with chrome's console open? (and no TKB Home app installed) there is something odd (well i find it odd) i want to find out.
  • @caseda ;
    I currently have 2 TZ65D's in my Homey setup (have yet to install the 3rd one). One has no light connected at the moment, but the other one controls kitchen lights. However, without an app I can only turn the switch on\off. If I dimm the light locally and turn them off, sending an On command by Homey returns them to the manually set dimm level.
    There is no TKB Home app in the Homey Store yet, so none installed.

I'm not sure what you mean by Chrome's console open.. ?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW ;
    when you're on the device page in homey and press right click somewhere on the background you can choose something like "inspect" (don't really know the english name) you can also do CTRL + SHIFT + I (the i of information)

that will open chrome's console, a "bug" tracking future build into google chrome.

if you include a z-wave device that has no app yet it will give you the node (or better said, the module's) information.
    i need some of that data that is shown there of the TZ65D.

it does not have to have a lamp attached to it, so maybe if you could temporarily add the 3th one, (that way you don't have to re-do flows you already have), with chrome's console open, that would help a Ton.
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited October 2016
    @caseda ;

You mean like this?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW ;;;;;
    no, that are the settings of an already included TZ65D

i want the node information from chrome's console, like i explained in my last message, if you don't understand i'll need to find an other way to get the information, and that's.. oh boy.. :dizzy: 

nvm already found my (not so very good news) answer... workaround time.!
  • @caseda ;
    ok.. I think i know what you mean.. Chrome Console when adding the TD65D device..
    Can you specify exactly which information you need? I will tinker a bit and find a way to get it..
    I know my way around browsers etc.. but am just not a developer..
  • @DenW ;
    i updated my last post, but this is the bad news:

in short, i thought the double dimmer was Awesome.! but that just gotten a bit less now.

seems like the right switch paddle is designed to only be control z-wave devices directly (the way you asked how it worked today)
    So now i need to build a work around that hopefully works.. so the signals still reach homey.
  • There are no reports send when using the second paddle?
  • @caseda ;
    Hmm.. sorry to hear that.. but extremely glad you think there is a workaround!
    Having the signal of switch 2 routed to Homey and letting Homey control what to do would be a lot more flexible..
    Please let me know if there is anything I can do and thanks for your very hard work! Don't know where you live but if you get this working i'd be happy to send you a cake\pie.. or something.. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @RobinVanKekem
    if i read the manual well enough it doesn't no.. busy sending them an email for confirmation about this (and also some extra info needed for the workaround)
    Let's hope they answer... it still is a Chinese company :warning: 

@DenW
    Send athom some cupcakes in my regards, they deserve it more :heart: lol
  • kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited October 2016
    @caseda ;
     I bought the double dimmer when i still rocked domoticz and also realized you cannot switch 2 groups. My plan soon was to use the second switch to control my hue lights after homey arrived. After i found out homey did not work with the wall switch i kind of abandoned the plan. And i use the analog controls on my arms to switch the main light (soo 2014..) 

If you could make the second button available in homey as a switch (or something similar) that would be friggin awesome! kutgw!

DenW said:
    @caseda ;

Please let me know if there is anything I can do and thanks for your very hard work! Don't know where you live but if you get this working i'd be happy to send you a cake\pie.. or something.. 
    I'll bring the beer :smile: 
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited October 2016
    DenW said:
    @caseda ;

I'll bring the beer smile 
    Let's be efficient..
  • @kriebelkous ;
    if i can get the workaround ready, it will be in 3 flow triggers
    (no conditions or actions possible, can't get the status of the right switch in any way, or alter the state from outside the switch)
    Right Switch [On]
    Right Switch [Off]
    Right Switch [Dim] (and a tag with the % it stopped at)
  • @caseda ;
    That would be great! at least for me that is more than enough..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    OK, the app is done, i do would like the dual wall switch's flow triggers tested before putting it in the app store.
    The other two will work (most likely), it's really only the Right Switch that bothers me..
    (no i did not get an email back yet, just following my experience and guts)

Do you know how to install apps via CLI @DenW or @kriebelkous (i assume you still have the dimmer) ?
  • @caseda ;

got this error , it was somthing with adding zwave drivers like we did when i tested fibaro drivers ? 

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/TZ65D/driver.js:4:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

Exit code: 1
  • Yeah, you still need to manually install the Z-wave Driver
    that will always stay with every zwave app you side load (CLI install) 

Might be viable to create a step by step guide including images for this. 
  • Thanks,  will read our old fibaro post to get it installed.

• @caseda ;
    Well..WOW ! That was quick! I did not expect you to have an app that soon.. 
    Unfortunately I do  not know how to install an app by CLI.. but maybe it's time to learn.. :smile: 
    I'll do some research and get back to you..
  • Ok then... i already received an email back from them (did not expect that in the weekends)
    and even though it was a little bit Chinglish (chinese english) they said my guts were right,
    and even gave more options for flow cards... well... almost.

There might be the possibility these 3 new cards i didn't think of at first
    get triggered by the left switch also.
    If this is the case i might need to rename them, or delete them completely. (u guy's choice?)

I have submitted the app for approval, so i expect it being released this week somewhere.

• @caseda ;
    Thanks for your hard work and quick actions! Can not wait until the app comes available in the app store for testing..
    And now i'm a little curious about the other options for flow cards?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW ;;;
    first it was just, pressed top, pressed bottom and dimming level changed

now it's those 3 with the extra: Hold top, Hold bottom, Hold released.
    but like i said previous, might be the same signal for the left button.

And still have 2 extra cards in mind that i can add (double press up and double press down) but need to debug for what signal it is exactly, already found a "volunteer" that can help me with that. :smile: but that will come a little later.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    the app has just been accepted and published into the appstore.! hooray.!
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tkbhome
  • thanks , just added one switch !  

if i press the HW on/off switch  Homey wont change status .... but on/off from homey works great !  
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    ah, finally my first bug report :heart: :
    seems like flows won't trigger yet for the Hold Up, Hold Down and Hold Released, made a small mistake in the code (fixed)

and thanks for mentioning @djesko did not notice that, has been (hopefully) fixed and now should update the status on homey as well when you physically change the sockets their state.

will upload the fixed version (0.9.2) to the app store as soon as possible
  • thanks caseda ...where do i donate ?  
  • @caseda ;
    Again, thanks very much!
    I downloaded the app, removed the TKBhome ZWave devices and started adding them.

First, the good news: the plugin dimmers all work flawlessly! i can finally switch\dim all 4 in my HT using Homey.

Now the TZ65D in my kitchen: the app had no problem connecting to the device and identifying it. Homey briefly displayed the switch as a TKBHome, but after a second or 2 this happened:

In the app section, the TKBHome app was displayed with a red triangle:

After disabling en enabling the app (and removing the ZWave device in Settings\ZWave) I could once again pair the double switch, but again after a few seconds the "device currently unavailable" is displayed again.

If there is anything I can do to help you solve this, let me know.

Thanks again!
    Den
  • Can you copy the text which appears if you hover over the triangle?

• The log says:

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'on' of undefined
    at ZwaveDriver.<anonymous> (/drivers/TZ65/driver.js:75:57)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at ZwaveDriver.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at /node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:604:9
    at /homey-app/wireless/zwave.js:53:12
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1146)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12
    at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:420:9)

Exit code: 1

By the way, when adding the switch all TKBHome devices now become unavailable (makes sense, i know). But after disabling and enabling the app (no red triangle anymore) they remain unavailable.

Thanks!
    Den