This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

TKB Home ZWave App (request for..)

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW ;;
    that is probably thanks to the bug i left in the flow triggers, sorry, :blush: you will have to wait until 0.9.2 is in the store. (hopefully soon)
    it is awaiting approval now in the appstore.
  • @caseda ;
    no worries, i'm glad you already know what the problem  might be..
    will be waiting patiently.. :smile: 

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @DenW @djesko ;
    and the update (0.9.2) is already published :astonished: so fast.!

btw, the staying "unavailable" stays for a few seconds until the app has been properly started up again, they will become available again when the app has restarted fully.
  • @caseda 

See pic,  thanks 

• @djesko ;
     :o how did i ever make such a big... and bad mistake, please hit me :D
  • Sorry
  • @djesko ;
    fix will come in 0.9.3, now pending for release in the store, and no no, you don't need to say sorry, that is my line.. sorry.! :blush:
  • Where to donate?   Or send a beer 
  • i will think about on adding a donate button when the app reaches 1.0
    so when it fully works properly :)
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited October 2016
    @caseda ;;
    just updated to 0.9.2.. and dimming and on\off are working perfectly with the switch now!

I also had to re-add the other 4 plug-in dimmers, 1 of which now gives the error Connection lost (where before it would include without a hitch). But i'm sure that's got nothing to do with your app.. smile 
    The 3 i added are working perfectly now..

In the TZ65 settings window, I noticed this dropdown menu:

If I save this setting, the switch functions exactly opposite.. the same goes for the other setting, so these must be swapped.
    Up=On is the default behaviour of the switch, but I guess that depends on how you mount it.. smile 

I tried a little flow but could not get that to work. In part because the Qubino dimmer I was trying to control in my test does not have an input for dim level on its flow card.. duh..
    I'll try more tomorrow..

Waiting for release of 0.9.3 takes too long though.. :wink: 

Excellent work! Can not thank you enough,..
    Best wishes,
    Den
  • I just followed the manual with the parameters :tongue: so you probably just put the switch upside down, according to the manual that is (and that is exactly why that option is there for)

i received a bug report for the one that is not working, i already thought it to be a very curious bug.. but it makes sense now that it was not able to SET a status to that one, if the connection was lost.
    it probably lost power or connection to homey somewhere, and should just work if you take it out of the socket and put it in again, or maybe just finds the connection back with homey in due time.
  • goodmorning @caseda ;

yes, that is what i realized right after posting..  and you replied before I could edit so i decided to leave it and call it a night.. :smile: 

Just to be clear: in the flow trigger I can not choose between left and right button presses, right?

I took another quick look at the flows just now, but I realize that the TZ67 does not have an input for dim level. Would that be something that you could add? So that I could drag\drop the dim level of the TD65 onto the TD67 action card?

With regard to adding the plugin: i had the same problem a few weeks earlier and it resolved itself for some unknown reason, so i'm sure it will be fine. But it does surprise me that this occurs since the 4 plugins are right next to eachother, and especially since they (should) act like a repeater within the ZWave network you'd think that if 1 works, all should work.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    well the left button is the default "is turned on/turned off", the right button is the "right button [On]/[Off]" so there should be a difference in left and right? just go trough all the flow cards, will make sense. (i can't change the text of the default flow cards)

indeed the TZ67 doesn't have a "dimming level on percentage" card, but this (most likely) will change when they fix the dimming cards their function, in one of the upcoming updates. 
    Not going to put much attention in something they are going to change in the very very near future

BTW @DenW could you change the title of this topic? it is not a request any more :smile:
  • I can only see 3 cards: Turned on, Turned off and Dim-Level Changed.. am I missing something or looking in the wrong place?

Oh ok.. i see.. thanks for the explanation..
  • @DenW ;
    oh right... i forgot that i changed the id of the TZ65D to TZ65.. left the trigger cards still in the old id :blush: will be taking along side with the 0.9.3 update (since it's not published yet its easy to add fast)
  • Pheww.. thought I was sleeping again.. thanks! :smile: 
  • Athom is probably too busy with the rollout of the new app store, which is great!
    0.9.3 update of TKBHome is not available yet, so i can not test unfortunately..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    it is not available thanks to a bug in the store... couldn't publish it after it was accepted, gave an error when i tried and then the app store decided we didn't need the update so completely removed it :confounded:, needed to add it again for acceptance, so the wait is there again, and hopefully by the time it has been fixed so i can publish it finally
  • app update 0.9.3 has just been published to the publics :) let me know if anything else comes up
  • and just to be sure it works like it should, can someone test all the "Right Switch" flow cards only work (get triggered) with the right switch, and not also with the left switch :)
  • @caseda ;
    I just updated to 0.9.3 and will gladly test the double switch, right and left. I may be able to do this later tonight, or tomorrow early evening at the latest.

Question about the associations: this is done by the Group settings in the properties, right?
    So if I set the Group property, does it apply to both switches? It is not possible to have separate associations for left and right switch?
    DenW said:
    In the TZ65 settings window, I noticed this dropdown menu:

If I save this setting, the switch functions exactly opposite.. the same goes for the other setting, so these must be swapped.
    Up=On is the default behaviour of the switch, but I guess that depends on how you mount it.. smile 
    Thinking about that, related to the above: if I had mounted my switch upside-down the software switch would be on the left, not the right. And only then hardware switch behaviour would be as described above. So, despite what is said in the documentation, I still feel that this text is not correct and it should be the other way around..
    But that is a minor issue..so very glad it's all working! :smiley: 
  • @DenW ;
    The switches themself do have separate groups, its all in the manual:
    group 1 is for the left switch,
    group 2 (single click) and 3 (double click) is for the right switch,
    group 4 is little bit badly designed overal group for both switches
  • if I had mounted my switch upside-down
    why would you do that? TKB Home logo would also be upside down and it would look quite funky.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    there is no logo on the switch? only little dots
    the rim is separate and can be placed in 4 different (90 degree) 2 different (180 degree) ways
  • see my edit :D 
    but still.. the Dots show the way to "On" by default means
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited October 2016
    Yannick said:
    if I had mounted my switch upside-down
    why would you do that? TKB Home logo would also be upside down and it would look quite funky.
    Depending on the amount of space, entry point of the cable and length of wires you have in your electrical box, it may be much easier to mount the switch upside-down.
    I think there is a little TKBHome logo (with letters) on the plastic cover, not on the switches. But if you mount the switch you could also place that cover in an upside-down position as it's being held in place by the switch plastic.
  • caseda said:
    ah, finally my first bug report :heart: :
    seems like flows won't trigger yet for the Hold Up, Hold Down and Hold Released, made a small mistake in the code (fixed)

and thanks for mentioning @djesko did not notice that, has been (hopefully) fixed and now should update the status on homey as well when you physically change the sockets their state.

will upload the fixed version (0.9.2) to the app store as soon as possible
    no state update when using HW switch ... any info i can get you ?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @djesko ;
    well for a starter, which one are you trying to switch using the Hw button, what is your homey FW and did you re-include the module yet?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited October 2016
    caseda said:
    @djesko ;;
    well for a starter, which one are you trying to switch using the Hw button, what is your homey FW and did you re-include the module yet?
        will be more specific next time.. 

Using FW 0.10.5 and latest TKB home app , added a new TZ68.

Thanks