This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Keep that record with the number than somewhere very safe.
    That is what we, users, have to do over a few years with our Homey because of it's success.
    :-))

• love the update emile!

• Jeeej!!! I am one of the pre-orders... have to wait a few more weeks, would be nice to have it for Christmas :)

Ho-Ho-Homey!!

• Congratulations! Enjoy your champagne, well deserved!

• Congrats guys! Can't wait for the postman to ring at the door...

• Thanks for the update and congrats! Is there any way we can find out what nr in queue we are for shipping :)?

• rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited November 2015

MartijnHarte said:
    Thanks for the update and congrats! Is there any way we can find out what nr in queue we are for shipping :)?

+1 :)

• MartijnHarte said:
    Thanks for the update and congrats! Is there any way we can find out what nr in queue we are for shipping :)?

+1
    Maybe on dates that the order is placed?

• DountillDountill Member
    edited November 2015

jovink said:

MartijnHarte said:

+1

+1 maybe we can create a Google Document where we can put our order date + if we receive homey yet?

• Congratulations Homey! What a great achievement.

• thanks for the great news. Enjoy the champagne, you deserve it. the last wait begins, a few more weeks I can handle. My Xmas holidays are filled. ;-)

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited November 2015

jovink said:

MartijnHarte said:

>

+1

Patience, guys. If all goes well, it shouldn't be more than 2 months now before everyone has their Homey.
    And tbh, I'd much rather that the team spend all that time on improving the software as much as possible, than that someone on the team spends time to set up a spreadsheet or something like that in which we can see an estimate of when my particular Homey will be shipped.

• Dountill said:

jovink said:

MartijnHarte said:

+1

+1 maybe we can create a Google Document where we can put our order date + if we receive homey yet?

If you're a kickstarter backer, check your e-mail for the 'Thanks for becoming a backer of Homey' mail. Remember the date it's send and check it in this graph: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/athom/homey-the-living-room-talk-to-your-home/dailybackers.png.
    You get a rough idea of where you are in the queue.

• If you're a Kickstarter backer you can see your backer number if you look into the project at backed projects.
    (#90 here)

• congratulations !!

• Just a reminder:). @Emile replied that 'we', as in 'Athom' I think, will definitely do. So curious, as I guess the first 40 will be under construction in the most litteral way. (If not finished already.)

Jacob said:
    Emile,
    Would it be possible to share a movie on the assembly of the print and the unit until shipping.
    It would be some history in the making and simply fullfil the curiosity of myself and many others.

• @Emile, What's in the brown boxes that you posted on facebook? Are those the assembled pcb's? Or parts to assemble them? :-)

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited November 2015

Parts, but mostly Homey boxes :-)

• So now there's censorship on posts .. ??

DenW said:
    So now there's censorship on posts .. ??

Not really censorship, some people notified me they were offended, so I decided it's best to remove said posts.

• I am offended the posts were removed.. now what?

edited November 2015

DenW said:
    I am offended the posts were removed.. now what?

Haha. Let's get back to the topic.

• I think they had the right to. One lesson learnt, I hope. And indeed, let's continue to stay on topic. Wich is the new shipping date. So....:).

• Can someone give an estimate on shipment for the people who have pre ordered ? So not the ones who have backed via kickstarter but bought the device via athom.com directly.

• Some were between New Year and Christmas probably

• I understand that everyone is eagerly waiting for the delivery of their Homey but as Christmas Time is a vacation season there might be (a lot of) people who would like to post-pone the delivery of their until after the holiday season.
    That could prevent a lot of failed delivery attempts.
    Can one opt for a delivery after the Holiday season?

• Before the IR-led issue Emile mentioned that the first 40 would be hand made based on the pre-production test btach and that he would post a video of this assembly. Is that idea gone, and if not, are the first 40 (almost) 'ready'? I am certainly not one of them, but it would be nice if these first 40 would be shipped a few weeks earlier, so people outside Athom can test/experience the first obvious issues and the forum will not explode when 500 or are shipped at once. For Athom it is a lot more managable to help these first 40 and the rest can learn from that and/or write some instructions. As we've seen with the delays, some people ask every 5 minutes if there is news. And you can't solve all issues at once. And (AFAIK) the out of the box experience does not yet exist, or only within Athom. And you are all grown up with the development, so for you every step is obvious.
    Just to prevent 'bad press' in the period after shipping mass production.
    Or invite a few backers and video them while unpacking and installing Homey, using a sample unit to learn what you can expect. You are a new company with (again, AFAIK) young people the have never before put a new product to a mass market. I can fully imagine you have no idea what to expect. Have a crisis team ready, review your risk analisys for shipping date etc. But I would not plan anything for christmas other than work:).

Just my 2 cents. And I hope it will all be smooth sailing.

• honeyhoney Member
    edited November 2015

And this is why I have asked to provide a software development roadmap: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/419/

Bit disappointing that still havent received an answer. You might find it annoying, pointless, afraid that if you do one than people would start complaining so dont wish to give more than a generic answer. But the thing is that the software and apps not even near to the one originally promised, even the Z-wave wont be comprehensive. It is not just me being frustrated but when you ship the product everyone will nag you on this forum and in email: when will you add support of this and that, why this function is still missing, etc... This is why you need to produce and share a clear development map before you ship homey. It is pain in the ass to have such thing but this also make the team more focused and will be able to deliver more in the given timeline.

You might find us annoying but as geeks we are more relaxed when it comes to issues. You will sell homey in the stores soon. Those customers will not be kind when they write a review. Those reviews will stay on the net even after you add the specific device support or fix an issue, that will cast a serious shadow on you for a long time. Take this dead seriously.

• If they have to provide a software roadmap the flexibility will be less because you'll have to stick to the roadmap.
    Just a thought.

• honeyhoney Member
    edited November 2015

Of course if they have to deal with a serious bug that pushes the timeline. Otherwise don`t see why need a flexibility for device support. There should be a set priority. Can you tell for example when Somfy will be supported January, September, 2017?

This discussion has been closed.