This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• fiek said:
    Hello fellow homey users,

A few weeks ago I bought my first z wave products, the z wave+ sensors. I want to know the following. I don't get any readings on battery, lux and temperature. Is there a procedure for every homey update or app update?

Do I have to wake up the sensor on each homey update or app update?
    remove and re-pair ,  did work here on my flood sensor that was added before  
  • And tripple push the button to wake it up.

But it isn't working perfect, yet. Battery in Firbaro products isn't working here too. And changing settings in the Zwave + multisensor doesn't work here.
  • djesko said:
    fiek said:

A few weeks ago I bought my first z wave products, the z wave+ sensors. I want to know the following. I don't get any readings on battery, lux and temperature. Is there a procedure for every homey update or app update?

thnx @djesko Seriously? On each update I must remove and repair the sensors?
  • fiek said:
    djesko said:
    fiek said:

there has been many updates to the app that why re-pair i needed this time.
  • djesko said:
    fiek said:
    djesko said:
    fiek said:

there has been many updates to the app that why re-pair i needed this time.
    Ok.. So there is no need to re-pair when the firmware of Homey changes?
  • @fiek No , only when big changes to the app !
  • cjvscjvs Member
    edited December 2016
    Something different; I have a Fibaro RGBW controller with a Ikea dioder RGBW strip hooked up to it. Controlling it with homey is not an issue.

However, now I want to control it with a toggle switch connected to the GND and I4... (wall switch to turns RGBW strip on or off, so no dimming or anything else)

Using this overview : http://manual.rgbw.fibaro.co.uk/ras-rgbw-controller-en.pdf and the HEX calculator http://calc.50x.eu/ I can change the parameters. I think parameter 14 should be set to HEX 4444 (e.g. 14,2,17476). 

Result is however not as expected and the toggle does not do anything. Anyone who has got such a setup working? Are there any other parameters I need to change?

Solved: parameter 14 should be set to "TOGGLE (BRIGHTNESS MODE)" which is HEX 5555 and decimal 21854. So 14,2,21845 does the trick.
  • caseda said:
    @Count_B I have not fixed the fgs-213 yet, it's not the end of upcoming week yet :wink: 
    Should it be working now? I have installed the update, re-added the switch but when I press S2 it still doesn't responding to anything.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @Count_B
    i have not tested it in 1.1.x version of homey and this fibaro update, i'll take a look today, even though it should work properly :+1: might be something in homey since the Button also is not working anymore. (they use the same Class for this)

EDIT:
    just tested with my 223 and is working perfectly, the 213 is working exactly the same but will test this as well

EDIT 2:
    just tested my 213 and is working good as well.

do you have your switch in the right switch type and/or rebooted homey once
  • Pfff... I was wondering why my Push Button was not working anymore, but now I read it here. Should re-pair solve the problem or do I have to wait for a new Homey firmware or Fibaro app version?
  • @HansieNL
    i am not sure yet why the button is not working yet, that is next on my list of why is it not working anymore

since it's not central scene i at least crossed the core out for possible reasons (for 90% could still be that it is a different version number but not very likely)
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited December 2016
    caseda said:
    @Count_B
    i have not tested it in 1.1.x version of homey and this fibaro update, i'll take a look today, even though it should work properly :+1: might be something in homey since the Button also is not working anymore. (they use the same Class for this)

EDIT:
    just tested with my 223 and is working perfectly, the 213 is working exactly the same but will test this as well

EDIT 2:
    just tested my 213 and is working good as well.

do you have your switch in the right switch type and/or rebooted homey once
    Yep. I have removed and paired the device and re-added the flow charts. I've made a simple flow so when I push S2 it says something. My homey firmware version is 1.0.5. I have a 'puls schakelaar", so the switch is only making contact when I push.
  • @Count_B
    ah that explains it, it only works in the latest homey version (1.1.x) not in previous versions as something changed in the z-wave core for this. sorry only experimental at the moment

@HansieNL
    i found the issue and am working on a fix as we speak, expect it soon :smile:
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL
    i found the issue and am working on a fix as we speak, expect it soon :smile:
    Can I expect it this year?  ;)
  • @HansieNL
    well that not only depends on me of course :tongue: but if i wasn't as blond as i am, then i would have had the PR ready 10 minutes ago.. :blush: almost done though :heart:
  • @caseda Many thanks for all this quick repair job...but please enjoy your "olliebollen" too. 

• casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    @Count_B
    just remembered something that could also be te case.. are you using the main device as device with S2 scene cards (the right switch's device does not work, have stated this in the information icon, but hey, people hate reading right? :wink:)
    nevermind, that is for the 223 :innocent:
  • I have changed settings for the Fibaro multisensor ZW+ again, but this time, I woke up the device, before I pressed the Save-button. Wow, this works! The LED-settings and LUX-settings are now changed and working!
  • I have changed settings for the Fibaro multisensor ZW+ again, but this time, I woke up the device, before I pressed the Save-button. Wow, this works! The LED-settings and LUX-settings are now changed and working!
    this works indeed great!!!! thx for sharing!!
  • Is it normal with the motion sensor that the led turns to blue when motion is detected?
    In configuration the Led color mode is turned off.
  • posthok said:
    Is it normal with the motion sensor that the led turns to blue when motion is detected?
    In configuration the Led color mode is turned off.
    I had the same for a while till i tried the solution of keverjeroen:-) try it!  look above your post :-)

• glijie said:
    I have changed settings for the Fibaro multisensor ZW+ again, but this time, I woke up the device, before I pressed the Save-button. Wow, this works! The LED-settings and LUX-settings are now changed and working!
    this works indeed great!!!! thx for sharing!!
    Great to hear! 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    for the people with a Fibaro Button (FGPB),
    1.1.9 of the fibaro app wil fix any issues with it,
    but you will have to re-pair the button to homey.

if you have a hard time to remove your button follow these few steps:
    restart the app,
    wait until the app has restarted fully (so all devices are available again)
    wait a few minutes (2 at minimum)
    and then try again to remove it,
    and re-add it
  • @caseda Many Thanks! Is working again, good job

• @caseda : button stopped working after update of app. I can't get it paired again. I did disable / enable app. I did reset button to factory default. I also did a reset z-wave network and homey ptp. All without getting the button paired again.
  • In my experience I still needed to remove my z-wave door sensors from Homey manually after resetting the z-wave network, before I could add them again.
  • HansieNL said:
    @caseda : button stopped working after update of app. I can't get it paired again. I did disable / enable app. I did reset button to factory default. I also did a reset z-wave network and homey ptp. All without getting the button paired again.
    We had the same issue woth our button at the office. I sniffed the network to find the issue, and it appears the device is only sending battery reports, on every click of the button, which prevents it from sending a nif to start the pairing process. Device used to work properly, so no clue what is the issue.
  • Hi all,

I am having recurring issues with my Fibaro wall plugs becoming unmanageble/unreachable (the LED ring is on, but the plug does not respond, even the physical button is completely inert). Generally it only affects one plug at a time, although I have had the issue with different plugs.

Note that the plugs are all in close proximity to Homey, and when they are reachable they work fine. It seems that they hang themselves up. The last time it happened (yesterday I think) I rebooted Homey after which the plug started working again.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be related to Fibaro updates, as each time it happens I notice that there had been a Fibaro update only hours earlier.

Anyone else noticed this?

I guess I could turn off automatic updates to see if that makes a difference, but I would rather not. For now I will check the time of the last Fibaro update next time it happens. Anyway, if anyone can shed light on this it would be great.

Thanks,

Regards, Anne

• @anne
    there has been nothing changed for the wall plugs in the app for some time now that could cause this.

the physical button isn't even send to homey, it switches the relay inside on default, even without being added to a controller.
    So that not working is more that there is something odd with the plugs themselves.
    Or you changed the parameter/setting for "always on" to be on.

try re-adding them to homey, and see if this will fix it with stability,
    since i don't know when you added them into homey.
    a lot has been going on with z-wave in general (not just the app) lately to increase stability
  • anneanne Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the quick response.

I have used the 'always-on' option earlier with this plug while using it to measure the power usage of a refrigerator, but disabled the option as I have since been using it to switch power to a stereo on/off.

Anyway, your suggestion has brought the following to light: whenever I attempt to exclude the plug from Homey it hangs itself. I have now tried 4 times, each time the result is the same, it hangs itself and is completely stuck. The first time it became responsive again after restarting Homey, but that does not work each time. It seems that after taking it out of the socket and leaving it for 5-10 minutes it works again. During an earlier episode I found that even the hard-reset procedure doesn't work while it is stuck.

I am going to contact the reseller and have it replaced/repaired/killed with fire :s

Thanks,

Regards, Anne
This discussion has been closed.