This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• I hear some of you talking about upgrading the firmware of your Fibaro Z-wave devices. After some use of google I came to the conclusion that this is only possible via Home center 2, is this correct? If so, will this functionality ever come to this app or is it not "open" for external platforms?
  • Fibaro didn't open their update-protocol for others afaik...
  • caseda said:
    @mranderson, please try to re include it and see if that helps
    No change, I'm afraid. Still "-". 

Range testing (purple menu) shows a green light. I also have a socket (z+) further away which Homey reaches, so don't think its a range issue either. No issues with Fibaro door sensor (z) and socket (z) 

• @mranderson I will look into it when I get home, there has been more problems with the signals of the sensor (it always would stay "no" even when alarm was triggered)
  • Hi all, fibaro app is crashing here every time wenn i try to change settings in the relais modul:
    Stack trace:

Error: missing_settings_key: auto_off_relay_1
    at /node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:210:51
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at ZwaveDriver.settings (/node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:199:18)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:207:21
    at ZwaveDriver.drivers.(anonymous function).ready (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:131:9)
    at eventListeners.clientDriverMessage (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:170:10)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:26:41
    at Object.Homey.ready (/homey-app/homey.js:1:1008)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:25:11
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1013

Exit code: 1
    Someone having tips how to proceed?
  • @viktor ;
    Which device are you using exactly? I'll fix it for you!
  • Nevermind, already pushed the fix, .16 should arrive soon. Please let me now if any problems occur!
  • On a different note, is it possible to use both switches in a Double Switch 2 module?
  • @MartijnDeRhoter I can use both switches with my FGS-222 (double relay switch 2).
  • Strange, mine only uses S2 - did you have to pair it twice?
  • @athom any progress on the fibaro binary sensor
  • @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    Nope, i only paired it ones and got 2 devices.
    They where named different.
  • @cnvisser ;
    That's weird, I paired it just once as well and only got a single device, called "Fibaro Double Switch 2". Do you recall which version of the Fibaro app you had installed when you paired it?
  • cnvissercnvisser Member
    edited October 2016
    @MartijnDeRhoter ;;
    Version .11, on a side note i have a double relay switch 2 not a double switch 2.
    Those are probably two different devices.
    They also share one z-wave id (5 and 5.2).
  • I have Fibaro FGD-211 and since there is an app for fibaro, it's not possible to add the parameter nr. 20 in the settings, it's an advanced parameter for enabling the change of control impulse length.
    Is it please possible to add that to the app.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @MartijnDeRhoter try reading the readme of the app before asking things :smile: 
    And there is a difference between your double switch (fgs-223) and double Relay Switch (fgs-222)
  • I have Fibaro FGD-211 and since there is an app for fibaro, it's not possible to add the parameter nr. 20 in the settings, it's an advanced parameter for enabling the change of control impulse length.
    can't you add is as a raw parameter : 20,x,y where x is the number of bytes (see manual) and y is the value ?
  • Ah:

FGS-2*3 It's only possible to use Switch 1 (S1/Q1) because of a bug in homey, Switch 2 (S2/Q2) can't be used yet.

I'll wait for that bug to be fixed then, I can't be arsed to dig out that module to swap the cables.

• range problemen
    Sorry ik doe het even in het nederlands, Ik heb de bewegingssensor FGMS-01 van fibaro echter wat me opvalt is dat de dekking met homey veel kleiner is als met de hc2   ik kon eerst een sensor 25 meter ver hangen nu is die na 7 meter al buiten zijn bereik  is dit een bekend probleem of,,,,,,,,

can't you add is as a raw parameter : 20,x,y where x is the number of bytes (see manual) and y is the value ?
    No that's my problem the app don't accept that particular parameter.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGD-211/FGD-211-EN-A-v1.03.pdf
    Are you sure you want to alter parameter 20?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @ErikB ;;
    there is a Big difference between homey and hc2.
    homey has 5 (1 inactive) different RF based chips inside, which all can interfere with the other's frequenties. to make it as stable as possible you will give in somewhere, and that is the range.
    It is still being tweaked for the best result without too much interference.

Z-wave has the ability for mesh network, so it shouldn't be a very big problem if you have any powered module in between.

Vertaling:
    Er is een Groot verschil tussen homey en hc2.
    Homey heeft 5 (1 inactief) verschillende RF gebaseerde chips, die allemaal elkaars frequenties kunnen beïnvloeden.
    Om het zo stabiel mogelijk te maken moet je ergens wat opgeven, en dat is bereik.
    Er word nog steeds ge-tweaked om het beste resultaat te krijgen zonder de invloeden te veel worden.

Z-wave heeft de mogelijkheid tot een mesh netwerk, dus het zou geen super groot probleem moeten zijn als je een op stroom aangesloten module er tussenin zet.
  • I asked on Slack already, but the discussion got sidetracked to the bad speech recognition.
    Anybody here with roller shutters?
    If so, could you try opening them with 'doe de rolgordijnen (of rolluiken) open'.
    Doesn't work here anymore since 0.10.3...
  • "Rolluiken omhoog" does work with me. But than again I also have "ghost-flows" in my Homey.
  • caseda said:
    @jovink hmmm the report didn't change, maybe because of the included optional temperature command class, try re adding it to homey (sorry if it is using in a lot of flows)
    Last night I removed the sensor and re-added again. This morning everything was working but now it was the same as last night. 
    Again "-" 
  • Same here, command 'gordijnen open/dicht etc'  does not work anymore.  I use my own flow for that now..
  • http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGD-211/FGD-211-EN-A-v1.03.pdf
    Are you sure you want to alter parameter 20?

Thank you @BasVanDenBosch I have the manual and I used to tweak the parameter 20, because it will let the gu10 led lights give less zoom sound. But the problem now with the app is that the app of Fibaro don't accept this parameter in the Raw settings
  • @Fire69 , @Aljoen: This is a known issue in 0.10.0 - 0.10.3 for all window coverings, so not just Fibaro (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/638). A fix will be included in the next Homey update.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @SizarKamar ;;
    what kind of error is it giving you when you try to apply the raw parameter?
    please show a screenshot of the (raw) parameter and error if you can

the parameter is not implemented (and won't be) in the normal settings for the very reason that it could make the module itself, or any device (even non z-wave) very closeby with the same input voltage wires, do weird things if you don't know what you are doing.
    but should be possible to change it with the raw settings
This discussion has been closed.