This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• caseda said:
    @sommo,
    next time some more information is appreciated.
    Like homey's version and the app version, what version of the sensor are you talking about
    we don't know anything on what you have without you telling us.

for your first question i can only call,
    z-wave plus doesn't have to change any values for the tamper alarm to deactivate,
    the normal z-wave version you might need to re-set the value for tamper operation mode, the default configuration setting can be set wrong (even not set at all) in this z-wave version homey is using. (so change the value to a different one, save and re-set it back to 2nd value and save again, don't forget to wake-up your device, or wait for a maximum of 2 hours to let the sensor wake up on its own.

the procedure doesn't really matter which way you choose, it will always select the correct driver for you.
    but if you really want to choose in the fibaro app, then you should know yourself which version you have.
    You can see the full name of the device when you hover your mouse over the namen
    @caseda ;Thanks, you r right, my homey is set to the last stable version (0.10.3 and the fibaro app is the last one (1.0.16),
    these are my two motion sensor's information found on setting (the same):
    Manufacter ID 271
    Product Type ID 2048
    Product ID 4097
    really don't know what does it means..

and for both the node association are:
    Group 3: 1

i tried many times to change values (tamper alarm cancelation delay fe) and set them back to the original but seems don't do the job
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    Sommo said:
    @caseda ;Thanks, you r right, my homey is set to the last stable version (0.10.3 and the fibaro app is the last one (1.0.16),
    these are my two motion sensor's information found on setting (the same):
    Manufacter ID 271
    Product Type ID 2048
    Product ID 4097
    really don't know what does it means..

and for both the node association are:
    Group 3: 1

i tried many times to change values (tamper alarm cancelation delay fe) and set them back to the original but seems don't do the job
    Manufacture id 271 = id number of FibarGroup (Fibaro)
    Product Type ID 2048 = id for a multi sensor normal z-wave
    Product ID 4097 = Motion Sensor Z-Wave

keep tamper cancellation delay to 30.
    put Tamper operation mode to value 1th, 3rd or 4th mode

save.

put back the Tamper operation mode to 2nd value
    wakeup your device, the press save in a short periode of time (within 3 seconds is the best)
    now it should give the message  "Device settings saved." then it should work properly
  • edited October 2016
    Although I was able to add several Fibaro devices, I have no luck with the Dimmer 2. The pairing times out all the time adding the Dimmer 2.
    The distance between Homey - Dimmer 2 is very short, 15 - 20 cm.

Any ideas?
  • Another question: I have 3 wall plugs now. They have different Node IDs, but when I select them in a flow they all look the same:

Can I change the name or can I easily find out what Node ID is related to the Fibaro WP?
  • You can change the names on the devices-page. Just click on a name and edit it... :)
  • lol, just noticed it myself as well. Thx Bas
  • @hnijveen ;
    on which step does it timeout?
    and what are your homey and app version numbers.
  • hnijveen said:
    Although I was able to add several Fibaro devices, I have no luck with the Dimmer 2. The pairing times out all the time adding the Dimmer 2.
    The distance between Homey - Dimmer 2 is very short, 15 - 20 cm.

Any ideas?
    Just installed a new one this afternoon.  Included it from the first floor (+15m distance from Homey) without any problems!
  • @caseda the latest for app and firmware (1.06.16 & 0.10.5)

@Fire69 amazing, but good to know. I did a reset of the dimmer (hold B button until led is yellow followed by 1 click) the dimmer's led was green after calibration with lamps. The pairing with Homey just will not work. Is there a way to check if it is not the Dimmer 2 itself?
  • hnijveen said:
    @caseda the latest for app and firmware (1.06.16 & 0.10.5)

@Fire69 amazing, but good to know. I did a reset of the dimmer (hold B button until led is yellow followed by 1 click) the dimmer's led was green after calibration with lamps. The pairing with Homey just will not work. Is there a way to check if it is not the Dimmer 2 itself?
    Go to Homey's z-wave settings and do a 'remove device'. Triple click the dimmer and it should remove it (even if it's not yet added). 
    That way if it works you're sure it's properly reset and if it doesn't work you know it's not tge inclusion giving you problems. 
    When you're that close, the range can't be the problem either. 

What firmware version is your dimmer? 
  • @hnijveen you left out the most important answer I asked for :smile: 
  • Quick question in between this pairing conversation - what's the time line to include support usage of both S1 and S2 in a Double Switch 2? :smile: 

• @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    it all depends on when my homey gets fixed by @JeroenVollenbrock (or at least, by athom)
    already got it implemented in my github repository.
    Can't add it to a PR yet because i want to test it first.
    So i can't say for sure that it will work for the Double switch.

You can try it but be very careful,
    there is some experimental code implemented for the Dimmer 1 (FGD-211) and Dimmer 2 (FGD-212),
    so if you have one those 2, it might break the drivers for that.
  • Ha! I'll exercise my patience instead of breaking anything, Zwave finally seems to behave okay. Good luck with getting your Homey back, I'd say you've earned a free replacement!
  • Ha! I'll exercise my patience instead of breaking anything, Zwave finally seems to behave okay. Good luck with getting your Homey back, I'd say you've earned a free replacement!
    +1 on free replacement for @caseda ;
    +1 on free replacement for @caseda ;
  • caseda said:
    @hnijveen you left out the most important answer I asked for :smile: 
    Oeps. Well, when I am asked by the Fibaro / homey app to triple push the B button. The next screen is a message informing me of the timeout.
  • yeah, then it really is your dimmer 2, it needs a reset, and be finished with calibrating itself before it is possible to re-add it again.

Please follow the instructions of @Fire69 and let it finish with its calibration (if a lamp is attached it will take a little longer, but at least visible)
    after that it should definitely be possible to include it.
    or maybe a homey (soft)restart is needed (Settings -> System -> [Reboot])
  • No still not working. 
    I followed Fire69 instructions (remove device):

and did an attempt to include the Dimmer 2. That did not work.

Additionally I did a reset of the Dimmer 2 (hold B button until menu mode: yellow followed by a quick B click)
    followed by a calibration.

and again did an attempt to include the Dimmer 2. I even try to include it as a Dimmer and as a generic zwave device.

It is tempting to order another Dimmer 2, just to check is my current Dimmer 2 is broken.
  • @hnijveen ;
    try to add a (temporary) load (lamp) to the output, it might need to calibrate something before it can enter into inclusion/exclusion mode, that is also the steps when reading the manual, if it really is the case i will adapt the "learnmode" instructions for this.
    Can't test this myself just yet.
  • it is already fully wired up and thus the output is connected to a lamp. I do a menu calibration (to check the device): that seems ok. I can do a factory reset: that seems ok. The zwave range test, I get a pulsing green, pulsing yellow, pulsing violet and glowing red indicating it can not connect to Homey, even not through repeaters. Not sure if this is expected because until now the Dimmer 2 has never been able to connect to a controller.
  • The range test only works if the module is connected to a controller.
    if it even works, for some modules it is (was) not fully reliable (maybe it is better now since an update)

but as you mention "never been able to connect to a controller", you have tried it with more controllers?
    if so then it's definitely the module that is broken
    (the only way to find if it is the module (i guess), is trying to connect it to an other controller)
  • Perhaps I'm jumping the gun again, but I was wondering if it would become possible to monitor the state of a Fibaro switch via insights. In particular, I was wondering it the roller shutter switch can be monitored when it is not triggered by Homey, but used manually. I read the state is send when the manual switch is used. 
    The next step would be to let homey respond to the "event". For example, would it be possible to change the light or play a sound when the manual switch is used?
    I know recent updates to the Homey firmware opened up the way for some improvements. I'm wondering if this is currently in scope.
  • One thing to note on people having issues with adding zwave devices. I had mine connected before the major firmware update. After the firmware update 0.10.3 I was not able to add my motion sensor (zwave plus version) to Homey. Yesterday I did a full reset on the motion sensor (press B putton for 4-6 seconds and shortly again). Only then I could add it to Homey again.
  • That's pretty logical, since it was still connected to your Homey's old z-wave network (that didn't exist anymore). :)
    If you have more devices than just the motion sensor, you had to do it with all those devices.
  • Anyone know when the FGS-223 is fully supported ? At the appstore there is still a note that only S1/Q1 are working and not s2/q2. 

This makes the FGS223 useless, what is the difference between the FGS-222 and 223 that makes the 222 working and the 223 not ?

• @Jwoudenberg ;
    internally/technically there is a big difference between the FGS-222 and the FGS-223,
    if you are knowledgeable in electronics i can explain.

but also (the reason why it's not having S2) the version type of a Command Class (MultiChannel) it is using has been upgraded vs the FGS-222,
    which has not been implemented yet,
    it will be in the next homey update (0.10.6) when it's there i will add the S2 again.
  • Hi guys,
    Got a question regarding the FGD-212 (Fibaro Dimmer 2). In flows, we can use "Aangezet" as a trigger. But it fires both with pushing the switch on the wall, as well as when another flow switches the light on. This causes some unwanted behaviour for me.
    Has this question been asked before, or is there a solution maybe? If not, I'll create an issue in Github, but wanted to ask here first.
  • @SergeR ;
    that issue is not fixable at the moment, it is the dimmer itself that is sending the "i'm on" signal to the controller, we can't distinguish between these 2 ways of reporting.

if the dimmer 2 finally works with scene activation (currently it won't report the scene id's to homey, bug in the z-wave driver or core) you can use the card "scene, pressed 1x S1" for triggering on only the single click of the S1 button (or S2 of course).
  • @caseda ;
    Thanks for your input. Couldn't recall having the issue with my Fibaro Home Center 2,  but indeed, I used scene activation there :-)
    Have worked around it for now by using a variable, but scene activation support would be awesome.
This discussion has been closed.