This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• Hmm that sounds to me like a problem with either the sensor or homeys core zwave support, not like anything the app does. Do you have other zwave devices that work?
  • Hmm that sounds to me like a problem with either the sensor or homeys core zwave support, not like anything the app does. Do you have other zwave devices that work?
    No, this is my first and only zwave device i'm trying to add....
  • Added my Smart Sensor 6 back in zwave again yesterday.
    All looks ok but i have the Always Motion Alarm.
    I tried setting is to basic save and then binary cc save and wake up the ms6
    No change, is there already a solution for the Always motion ?

• @TinCup what helped me in an exactly similar case was to remove all Z-wave settings from the z-wave panel in my.athom.com and then re-adding it. Somehow the sensor (in my case) was still connected from the previous setup (pre-zwave app era).
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2016
    Motion was not detected initially - all other parameters were - but now it is...
    In Insights all parameters are shown, except motion. I will give it some days to see if this solves itself :-)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Eternity said:
    Motion was not detected initially - all other parameters were - but now it is...
    In Insights all parameters are shown, except motion. I will give it some days to see if this solves itself :-)
    Have you checked the configuration of your Node is meeting your expectations ?
  • @mruiter @eternity try setting the RAW parameter 5,1,2 save and wake-up the device. (And then wait some)
  • And... it's working again :-)

[motion alarm and insights]
  • Hi all, what's the quickest way to get 'motion alarm' working on the Multisensor 6 ? So far, with the settings below, motion sensor does not seem to work. For example: i have been at home all day today (and yes: within reach of the sensor, the green led lits up) but somehow it does not 'see' mee. Yet, the sensor says 'yes' below the Motion Alarm sensor.

See below the output from today and also my sensor settings:

Should I set the "Motion alarm will be cancelled in the main controller and the associated devices after the period of time set in this parameter" from 240 to e.g. 3 or 4 ?

• @Jon
    try setting the RAW parameter 5,1,2 save and wake-up the device. (And then wait some)
    Haven't tried this on 0.10.0 but this sure worked (and was needed for me) on 0.9.x
  • @Jon
    try setting the RAW parameter 5,1,2 save and wake-up the device. (And then wait some)
    Haven't tried this on 0.10.0 but this sure worked (and was needed for me) on 0.9.x

Thanks! Will try...
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    Seems to be working so far, @DaneeDeKruyff. Another question: let's say that I want to add to my 'lights on' flow (which switches my light on when lux under a certain level) that this only must be done if in the last 5 minutes there was motion detected in the same room. 
    So far I can't think of a way to implement this in my flow.... The only thing I can use is if the motion sensor is on or off but not during/since a certain time period. 
    Do you, or anyone else, have an idea? 

PS I don't want to use 'presence detection' since this is way too unreliable for me. 
  • Good morning. Is it an idea to set a timer, when motion is detected. Only the first time... And when the timer stops and lux are below .... Turn on the lights?
  • Ah @ThijsDeJong haven't thought about this. I didn't know that there was a timer app available in the appstore. Have you used it before in a similar scenario, and if so: would you care to share a screenshot with us/me?

• @Jon ;I will have a look if I have a flow , still in use, when I get home tomorrow.
  • @jon I haven't got a flow to show you this, but this could be the building scheme

Flow 1
    If motion is detected  start countdown {name} timer for 5 minutes

Flow 2
    If Lux has changed set {LUX 1} variable.

Flow 3
    If Variable {LUX1} has changed and {LUX 1} < ..5..? and Countdown {name} timer is still running. Turn on lights

hope this helps.

• My motion is always on the Multisensor 6. Tried the 5,1,2 raw setting, without any succes on 0.10.1.

• Jon said:
    Seems to be working so far, @DaneeDeKruyff. Another question: let's say that I want to add to my 'lights on' flow (which switches my light on when lux under a certain level) that this only must be done if in the last 5 minutes there was motion detected in the same room. 

U want lights on when there was motion detected 3 min ago?
    Me guess u want lights on as long there is motion aye?

• Make a BL variable, boolean, "lights-on".
    Make a countdowntimer "lights-on".

Flow 1: When motion is detected-----And lux<25-----Set boolean "Lights-on" to true.
    Flow 2: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is true-----Stop countdowntimer "lights-on", put lights on.
    Flow 3: When motion stops-----Nothing here-----Set Boolean "Lights-on" to false.
    Flow 4: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is false-----Turn countdowntimer "Lights-on", 300 sec.
    Flow 5: When countdowntimer is empty-----Nothing here-----Turn lights off.

Bit complex with 5 flows but it works like a charm here.
  • @Rocodamelshe ;i'm trying to figure out the flow, could you please put the names with the variables?
    thnx

• Variable=boolean and name is whatever u wanna call it. In my example its called "Lights-on" but ur free to name it anything u like. In my example the countdowntimer is also called " Lights-on"  but here u are also free to call it whatever u like.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited October 2016
    U also have to store the lux in a variable ofcourse as stated e few posts above.
    @thijsdejong called it {LUX1}
    Then the first flow will be:
    Flow 1: When motion is detected-----And lux1<25-----Set the  boolean variable "Lights-on" to true.

• THNX @Rocodamelshe !.
    I Thought that was the deal, but i had to ask to be sure.
    I was thinking about a solution with less flows, but kept hitting issue's Like"what if..."and so on.
    Your solution tackled all those what iff's.

THNX for sharing and I think this is a great flow example to post in "Flow that works"

• Anytime!
  • I have the same problem as @Alle my sensor is always seeing motion. The other sensors work correctly ie. humidity. Strange stuff.
  • i have the same as @tweaqer and @Alle. Motion is always on, never goes off. Tried the 5,1,2 raw settings without success. BUG???
  • I had the issue as well that it was always on, however, 5,1,2 seemed to have done the trick - but now i want to try to get updates for lux every 5-10 minutes, instead of 1x an hour. I tried to set the 3600 values to 300, and now trying for 120... lets see - but if anyone has an idea let me know
  • @ericjanvanputten is the sensor usb powered? then it should work. If it's battery operated we will have to wait until z-wave wakeup timers are omplemented, @emile showed a screenshot of it on slack, so I expect it to be in 0.10.4
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2016

Make a BL variable, boolean, "lights-on".
    Make a countdowntimer "lights-on".

Flow 1: When motion is detected-----And lux<25-----Set boolean "Lights-on" to true.
    Flow 2: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is true-----Stop countdowntimer "lights-on", put lights on.
    Flow 3: When motion stops-----Nothing here-----Set Boolean "Lights-on" to false.
    Flow 4: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is false-----Turn countdowntimer "Lights-on", 300 sec.
    Flow 5: When countdowntimer is empty-----Nothing here-----Turn lights off.

Bit complex with 5 flows but it works like a charm here.
    Thanks for these flows!
    I have succesfuly used these examples for my kitchen lights; works great.
    What a bummer I have to manually re-create all these flows for my other 4 room sensors...and can't simply copy them.

Other question; What if I want to switch a light ON if lux is below a certain value, and light 2 if the lux value is between to values...? So, the state can be OFF/Light1/light2.

Thanks