Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.
After the update to 0.8.39 no more data was logged to Insights anymore. Doing a reset with erase and starting all over again did not fix this for me. I'm not putting anymore time in this.
In this post I will describe how to add and configure the Aeotec MultiSensor 6
This post is written at firmware version 0.8.32 and where needed changed for firmware version 0.8.34 and 0.8.35
Steps to add the sensor
- The MultiSensor 6 can be added non-secure and secure to your homey. For now it is best to add it non-secure, when added secure the motion and generic alarm will not work (0.8.32, 0.8.34 and 0.8.35)
- On 0.8.35 Generic Alarm is not available, neither secure nor non-secure.
Click on the big plus in the zone you want to add the device, and select Z-Wave in the Select your device type... dialog. When the Follow the instructions... dialog is displayed you have to click the Action Button on the bottom of the sensor. After you press the Action Button homey will interview the device. When the interview is done homey will ask you What type of device is this? and if all went well the devicetype sensor should be shown. In this dialog you can also change the name of the device.
When you click next you will be back in the Zones & Devices screen. When you hover your mouse over the device you just created two icons will show in the top left corner.
If you click the first one (name?) you will see what sensors are available for the device:
- When the sensor is first added it's very likely that the Generic Alarm is on, when adding the device it was most likely activated so that state was added.
- When the sensor is added secure the Motion Alarm and Generic Alarm are visible but will not be triggered.
When you click the second icon, the wrench, the settings dialog will open:
When the Multi Sensor is added to a Z-Wave network containing a SIS (Static ID Server) or SUC (Static Update Controller), it will be associated to the SIS or SUC automaticly. Homey has the SIS role so the Z-wave Associotion for Group 1 will automaticly be set to 1 which is the device number of your Homey.
Configuring your Multi Sensor
When just added the data field is empty, in order to get the basic functionalities of the Multi Sensor working you will have to add 5,1,2. This will tell the sensor that it has to send Sensor Binary Report CC instead of Basic Set CC which is required by homey. After adding that click on the Save settings button and close the dialog.
- When the Sensor is battery powered, you have to wakeup the device in order for it to receive the new settings.
- Due to a bug on 0.8.32 parameters that are longer then 1 byte are saved wrong and hardly usable, this is fixed from 0.8.34
- When on firmware 0.8.34 saving settings on the settings dialog does not work due to a bug, this is fixed from 0.8.35. You will have to use a flow to set parameters, make a flow with any when condition, place the Set Configuration Parameter card in the then column, add the desired parameters and press the Test button to save the changes. (More info)
Reported information in Insights
Information from the Multi Sensor or the Multi Sensor itself will not show up in Insights untill data is sent to homey. So, to make it available in Insights, agitate the sensor so that the Tamper- and Motion Alarm is triggered.
For the other sensors to show up into Insights you will have to wait until they're reported, default 3600 seconds (1 hour)
- The Motion Alarm will only be triggered after the sensor received the 5,1,2 settings and a minimum of 4 minutes have passed since the last motion was detected.
- When the sensor is added secure the Motion Alarm and Generic alarm will not be available in Insights
The Tamper, Motion and Generic Alarm are shown as the verticle bars.
- Note that an actual detected movement is shown as a single verticale line at the time of the detected movement. At the same time the Generic Alarm is triggered which stays on for 4 minutes after the last movement is detected. When the Generic Alarm is triggered, now new Motion Alarm will be triggered!
The Humidity, Luminance, Temperature and Battery are shown as the lines, when you hover your mouse over a particular line the value at that point will be shown.
Using the Multi Sensor in flows
The Multi Sensor can be used in flows in the when column as a trigger or in the then column to take an action on it. It can not be used in the and column. A work around for that is to use a different flow to save the value of any sensor to a variable and use that in the and column.
The following triggers are available to use in the when column:
These are the triggers that offer a value to be used in a flow:
These are the cards that can be used to take an action on the Multi Sensor in the then column.:
Engineering sheet (PDF)