This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    @JosStultjens
    Good questions; I too would love to be able to check the firmware of my 5 Aeotec sensors and be able to update it via Homey. 

• ah i overlooked the firmware question. there is a way to check the firmware but you will have to change some code to get it in debug.
    i have asked emile kindly if he could add that to the device's settings, but had not response on that, maybe we need to file an issue @github for it.
  •  @caseda and @DaneeDeKruyff 
     All my Multisensor 6 devices are USB powered. I read that the Aeotec firmware 1.08 has an option to disable the LED. Only this firmware at the moment is an unofficial version due to some bug. It can be installed, but then it will operate with some limitations. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000036562-how-do-i-upgrade-the-firmware-for-multisensor-6-
    This is why I prefer to be able to set the device parameters in a flow.

• caseda said:
    ... maybe we need to file an issue @github for it.
    Done: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1273
  • I just received my Multisensor from amazon.de.
    The design looks great. I also ordered a bracket to mount it in a hollow ceiling. So far so good.
    But, it's only reporting temperature, humidity and lux, but it's not reporting motion. What am I doing wrong ?

• Right now, I'm using the MultiSensor for motion in a "walk through room". Sometimes it doesn't work very well. In the morning the light is switch on. 
    Tonight I wanna try to change the flows in combination with the countdown app. Therefore I would also change some parameters of the MultiSensor. But I can't save the changes:

The save button isn't visible.

Im using Homey version: 1.1.9
    And Aeotec App version: V1.2.6

Sould I make an issue in Git, or am I doing something wrong?

• I just received my Multisensor from amazon.de.
    The design looks great. I also ordered a bracket to mount it in a hollow ceiling. So far so good.
    But, it's only reporting temperature, humidity and lux, but it's not reporting motion. What am I doing wrong ?

In the Raw Parameter I had enter some number. I don't know the meaning of these parameters. But the motion detections works. I had problems with the "there isn't any motion anymore trigger", so I try to make a solution with the countdown app. 

Printscreen of the sensor settings I have (USB powered):
  • WRos said:
    Right now, I'm using the MultiSensor for motion in a "walk through room". Sometimes it doesn't work very well. In the morning the light is switch on. 
    Tonight I wanna try to change the flows in combination with the countdown app. Therefore I would also change some parameters of the MultiSensor. But I can't save the changes:

The save button isn't visible.

Im using Homey version: 1.1.9
    And Aeotec App version: V1.2.6

Sould I make an issue in Git, or am I doing something wrong?

Typically a greyed out save button means that one of the values (changed) does not meet the validation rules as defined in the app... e.g. adding 100 where only 1-10 is allowed.

Did you try to change any value?
  • I've tried to change some values, like: the battery warning percentage, the motion cancelling timer.
    The reason a want to change a parameter are the Raw Parameter settings. In this discussion I've read that this settings isn't useful anymore. Maybe when I remove the Raw Settings the Motion Detection is better responding.
  • The Raw setting 5,1,2 was needed in the past to enable the sending of a binairy report instead of a basic cc. It has nothing to do with how 'good' motion is detected. Nowadays the setting is no longer needed.
  • Thanks to share your knowledge. 
    Could you change and save the Raw settings?
  • Its possible again to Save the settings of the Multi Sensor Device. I think that a reset of Homey is the reason.
  • The Raw setting 5,1,2 was needed in the past to enable the sending of a binairy report instead of a basic cc. It has nothing to do with how 'good' motion is detected. Nowadays the setting is no longer needed.
    if i now remove the 5,1,2 then it basically doesnt work for me anymore.. when i add it again it does work again... so not sure what is wrong here... 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2017
    @ericjanvanputten.
    expert parameters will always overwrite the setting parameter that is in the settings.
    if you want the expert parameters to be empty you will need to re-add the device, for that parameter to be set on inclusion.

it is hidden from normal users because it can break motion reports to homey when they change it.

• Make a BL variable, boolean, "lights-on".
    Make a countdowntimer "lights-on".

Flow 1: When motion is detected-----And lux<25-----Set boolean "Lights-on" to true.
    Flow 2: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is true-----Stop countdowntimer "lights-on", put lights on.
    Flow 3: When motion stops-----Nothing here-----Set Boolean "Lights-on" to false.
    Flow 4: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is false-----Turn countdowntimer "Lights-on", 300 sec.
    Flow 5: When countdowntimer is empty-----Nothing here-----Turn lights off.

Bit complex with 5 flows but it works like a charm here.
    Very useful
  • Hi guys, I bought one of these things as a replacement for my fibaro motion sensor because I wanted something without batteries..

The thing is working, but not every setting is working fine. I want to the movement alarm goes out after 10 seconds. (wich is the minumum value that is possible) I saved the settings, but it still stops after 30 seconds wich is way too long.. I also eneter 5,1,2 in expert parameters. (still no idea what this)

Do I need to pres the action button on the device after saving the settings? Or is that only necesary when using batteries..

And last but not least, how can I check the firmware version of my device and update it when a new version is availible?

I hope someone can help me with these question!

• Is there an option to disable the led ? it is turning green every 3 secons and that is a bit annoying.. I would only like that it lights up when there is movement..
    edited May 2017
    I believe an Aeotec firmware update has that option. Updating via Homey is not possible (yet).
    Check here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000036562-multisensor-6-firmware-update-6-17-2016-new-information-v1-08-11-02-2016-

Unfortunately I have no other z-wave controller than my Homey anymore, so I can't update my Aeotec sensors.
    edited September 2017
    In the Fibaro App topic, @TedTolboom wrote:

"....there is still a bug (known to athom) that for some devices multichannel association is not working.."

Any news on when multi channel association with the Sensor 6 can be expected?

• It was not a bug, there are just a lot of devices that can't send an endpoint along the node id (multichannel association).

So that probably also is the case for the multisensor 6
  • Oké, thanks for the info @caseda ;
  • dbonsaksendbonsaksen Member
    edited November 2017
    Are there still issues with including the Multisensor 6? I got mine today and no matter what I do I get «No zwave device found» tried with all sort of distances to Homey..

EDIT: I actually just had to remove the device in settings eventhough I never got the message that it was included, then it worked.
  • Yep, almost standard procedure here. First reset the device (via z-wave settings / remove and putting the sensor in inclusion mode).

Did you include as secure or normal z-wave device (does the led indicator light up green or blue, when detecting motion)?
  • I updated all my sensors to 1.8 with a Z-wave stick. But when I turn off the led in Homey,  it still turns on when motion is active. Does anyone else has this problem?
  • @daand
    I guess (!) that it's the way it should be....

I am on older f/w. so every x minutes the LED lights up even if nothing is happening. I presume (!) that this new f/w option allows to stop this LED function. So, it doesn't switch off the led light lighting up after motion/pamper alarm.

Just my thoughts...
  • Eternity said:
    Yep, almost standard procedure here. First reset the device (via z-wave settings / remove and putting the sensor in inclusion mode).

Did you include as secure or normal z-wave device (does the led indicator light up green or blue, when detecting motion)?

Green light, just added it the way it said on the screen :-)
  • Interesting, I have 5 sensors with a green light and 1 with a blue light. I presume the latter was added securely. Works fine, so I will leave it that way.
  • Hi everyone! 
    I am back after a breif encounter with samsung smartthings... The problem for today is that I can´t get movement alarm to stop... I have done the latest firmware updte today but still the same problem!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick
  • Nicman said:
    Hi everyone! 
    I am back after a breif encounter with samsung smartthings... The problem for today is that I can´t get movement alarm to stop... I have done the latest firmware updte today but still the same problem!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick
    Hi Nick, have you tried waking up the sensor? Is it battery powered of via the USB?
    I would try include the sensor by having it to its final location and getting Homey close to it (use a battery powerbank)
    Also I would make sure that there are some powered z-wave devices around so the mesh is solid. And allow for some time for the mesh to create itself.
    Hope this helps.