This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• caseda said:
    @HansieNL ;
    Since last update (few minutes ago) it will.
    Thx man. I love you  ;) Just ordered a Button.
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL ;
    Since last update (few minutes ago) it will.

@ everyone
    My pull request just got merged and published.! (v1.0.10)

This means the new way for relays/switches (only 2 devices).
    You will need to re-pair them to have just 2 devices,
    but it will still work with 3 devices, so it's not necessary to re-pair
    So how does it work now?  Main node and S1 are added as the same device?
  • @Fire69 it was already the case before (you needed the main in [IF]  and [AND] Flows) 

But yes, main device = s1/q1 as well
  • caseda said:
    @djesko ;;
    I tried to create a driver for the binary sensor, but have not been successful to get it working properly without having to poll it every 10 seconds (because short input signals definitely possible).
    And that is way too much!

Maybe athom (@Robin) can be more helpful to this.

Is the poll only when using temp sensors ?    

Today i use the sensor on my alarm to get arm/disarm ..but temp is needed later to :)
  • djesko said:
    caseda said:
    @djesko ;;
    I tried to create a driver for the binary sensor, but have not been successful to get it working properly without having to poll it every 10 seconds (because short input signals definitely possible).
    And that is way too much!

Maybe athom (@Robin) can be more helpful to this.

Is the poll only when using temp sensors ?    

Today i use the sensor on my alarm to get arm/disarm ..but temp is needed later to :)
    same here, only i'm not gonna use the temp. I hope @Robin can get the binary sensor added.
    @Robin said he does not have one, if you cant buy one (35 euro's) i be happy to send you mine, because it aint working now anyway.
  • No, the temp sensor is not the problem with Polling, temp Sensors has a different bug/change that needs to be done first in the zwave core/capabilities (it's one of the issues on github) 

no it's both contacts, but I might have seen a work around so no Polling is needed, but have not had the time yet to look at this option. 
  • After a month of frustration and a holiday I dusted of my Homey for a new try with the new firmware version.
    However, I immediately lost all of my Z-wave devices and stumbled on the problem of not being able to install the Fibaro app.
    Getting the message: "This app is incompatible with your Homey software version" in the app store.
    I'am on Homey Firmware Version: 

Anyone else that had the same problem?  (maybe I missed such a  post screening thread)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    I was going to test the new way of adding relays by removing/repairing some devices.
    Not a great success I must say...
    First double relay I tried I couldn't get removed.  I tried clicking the X on the main node, it got stuck on the dialog screen.
    It was removed but was still listed.  So I tried removing the node through the z-wave settings, still no luck.
    I tried removing it again by clicking the X on the device and let it time-out (Emile said on Slack to do it like this some time ago).  After that the main node disappeared, but the S1 and S2 were still listed with no way to remove them (no X on the deivce).
    When I open the device card, I get 'onoff:invalid_node'.

After that I tried with another double relay.  I could remove it correctly this time.
    Adding it again seemed to work correctly also.  But I couldn't control both.
    When I refreshed the page, all my devices were gone.

I went to the apps settings page and saw the Fibaro app crashed.
    Disabling/enabling didn't work, so I rebooted my Homey and now it's working again.
    But I still have the 2 ghost devices now...

Also, when changing the switch-settings for S1 from toggle to pulse the settings for S2 don't change, although both are automatically the same.

I have the feeling this new way of adding is still not 100% as it is supposed to be?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @Fire69 ;;
    I was going to test the new way of adding relays by removing/repairing some devices.
    Not a great success I must say...
    First double relay I tried I couldn't get removed.  I tried clicking the X on the main node, it got stuck on the dialog screen.
    It was removed but was still listed.  So I tried removing the node through the z-wave settings, still no luck.
    I tried removing it again by clicking the X on the device and let it time-out (Emile said on Slack to do it like this some time ago).  After that the main node disappeared, but the S1 and S2 were still listed with no way to remove them (no X on the deivce).
    When I open the device card, I get 'onoff:invalid_node'.
    i've had this once as well, it is not the app's fault though, its a thing of z-wave core
    (the not finding of the node to delete it is (i think) the same thing with devices not getting triggered after a while and you will need to restart)
    This will always happen when a device has multiple sub-devices and you let it time-out (it then doesn't look if it has sub-devices)
    The only way to remove the 2 endpoint devices right now is to reset the full z-wave chip (so you will lose all devices), we as developers can't do/change anything about that.
    Maybe create a github issue for it?

I went to the apps settings page and saw the Fibaro app crashed.
    Disabling/enabling didn't work, so I rebooted my Homey and now it's working again.
    What was the crash log? Or didn't you look for that (mouse over the exclamation mark)

Also, when changing the switch-settings for S1 from toggle to pulse the settings for S2 don't change, although both are automatically the same.
    The not changing of S2 is impossible (if S1 is), it is controlled by the main controller inside the module (and can only be changed both, not separately)
    Are you sure you have the S1 and S2 of the same device?

The only difference of 3 devices -> 2 devices is that S1 isn't added as a separate device, the rest is completely the same including the workings.
  • @orcson ;
    the deletion of z-wave devices was pre-announced, because of the full re-write.

The not being able to install the fibaro app is odd if you really are on 0.9.3
    Have you tried to restart your homey? (settings -> system -> reboot homey)
  • I'll create an issue for the ghost devices.

I forgot to check the crash log, but no worries, it just crashed again so here is the log:
    Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'CONFIGURATION_SET' of undefined
    at /node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:175:63
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at ZwaveDriver.settings (/node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:134:18)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:3459
    at ZwaveDriver.drivers.(anonymous function).ready (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2049)
    at eventListeners.clientDriver (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2416)
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:868
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:835)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    Pretty sure I have the correct devices when checking the settings for the switches  ;)
    BTW, talking about settings, on the settings page (for any device!), there is no more node/associations/raw info.

In the screenshot you see 'Buro (main)' and (partially) 'Buro (S2)'
    Settings for Main show 'Pulse' switch, settings for S2 show 'Tuimel' switch.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @Fire69
    Oh wauw, since when did they change that :neutral: S2 shouldn't have a settings page at all.!
    (just checked this for myself and has changed there as well)
    And that is the exact reason why the app crashes (so don't change the settings of S2 :smile:, they are not real)

the "raw" settings part should be there for the main device, i might have seen that before (it even cuts of some available parameters) it fixed itself with a reboot back then (this was when the re-write was just done), afterwards never had that error again, so don't know where it comes from, can't make it happen again.
  • Well, I'm glad you have it too, thought I was going crazy here :smiley: 

Raw settings are back now for all devices, maybe it needs some time after a reboot to magically appear :smile: 

So the only problem I have left now are the 2 ghost devices.  I'll put it on github.
  • caseda said:
    @orcson ;
    the deletion of z-wave devices was pre-announced, because of the full re-write.
    I know, I read....afterwards :p , a necessary evil I guess.  

caseda said:
    The not being able to install the fibaro app is odd if you really are on 0.9.3
    Have you tried to restart your homey? (settings -> system -> reboot homey)

Pretty sure  ;)
    Yes, I already rebooted once, but I will try again a few times again this evening maybe second/third time a charm.
  • The Fibaro app works for all my devices.
    The recently added support for the roller shutter was the last.
    I have only one thing i would appreciate in the app and that is a slider for the roller shutter to position the blinds like i had in my home center.

Is this already mentioned? If so im sorry about that.
  • @cnvisser ;

https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1472763659000610

we are in contact with support on the switch multi level cc implementation, it will be possible to control the shutters through this cc (just not yet)

• @viktor Thank u very much.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    I just did a full reset of my z-wave network and started all over, migrating everything I've got except 1 relay and 1 motion sensor.
    While adding I noticed an 'anomaly'?  There appear to be doubles in the list when adding a new device.
    There is a Fibaro Relais, Fibaro Relais 2 and Fibaro Switch 2.  Same for the double relay version.
    Is this correct?
    In my opinion, it would be easier to list devices by their model number instead of name (eventually, if necessary, dividing them in firmware/version numbers).
    Because it is going to become a mess like this and mistakes will be made.

Also, none of my 5 FGRM-222 modules start the calibration when I check the 'start calibration when saving settings'.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @Fire69 ;
    the z-wave driver doesn't care if you choose the wrong name, it will still choose the right driver for your device (the only thing that will be wrong is the learning image and instructions)

You will get 50+ drivers just for fibaro, when you want to use different names for every version number.
    And i didn't want to say which model number, this is not always clearly written on the package so people need to search.
    It can even be wrong like the FGK-101 which says FGK001 inside the module itself.
    but also, the Fibaro Relays 2 is really named Fibaro Relay 2 by fibaro, so it's not even my choice :smile: 
    If you really want to know which model number is which, look into the app description.!
    (it almost looks just like i said, no one likes to read)

The calibration not starting i can't say, have not written the driver.
    When i find the time i will look into it.
  • caseda said:
    @Fire69 ;
    the z-wave driver doesn't care if you choose the wrong name, it will still choose the right driver for your device (the only thing that will be wrong is the learning image and instructions)

You will get 50+ drivers just for fibaro, when you want to use different names for every version number.
    And i didn't want to say which model number, this is not always clearly written on the package so people need to search.
    It can even be wrong like the FGK-101 which says FGK001 inside the module itself.
    but also, the Fibaro Relays 2 is really named Fibaro Relay 2 by fibaro, so it's not even my choice :smile:

I'm not saying the name is wrong.  I mean there appear to be 2 different devices listed for the same module: Fibaro Relais 2 and Fibaro Switch 2.  Aren't those the same?

If the z-wave driver chooses the right device for you anyway, why do all these devices have to be listed?  Isn't it possible to just select Fibaro and then, when you put the device in learning mode, let the driver which device needs to be added?

You will get 50+ drivers now too, look at the Roller Shutter for example, it has 'Roller Shutter 2' and 'Roller Shutter v2.5'.  So that's now a clean solution either. :smile: 

Sorry, don't mean to be difficult, just trying to thing along to make things easier :smile: 
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey guys,

Just started using the homey, and found that I have wall switches and dimmers (z-wave) that are not supported by homey.

They are Duwi dimmers which where sold as package with everlux switches.
    When I add them, it says, no app available, set as basic.....
    But then I dont have the dimmer function, only toggle.

So I decided to learn how to buil;d an app for duwi. Just got to it and still need to read and learn a lot. But if I get stuck on things, is anyone that is experienced at building an app willing to help? maybe by mail / pm , since it is quicker than on this forum
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    Fire69 said:
    I'm not saying the name is wrong.  I mean there appear to be 2 different devices listed for the same module: Fibaro Relais 2 and Fibaro Switch 2.  Aren't those the same?
    No they are not the same device
    Fibaro Relay Switch 2 has a separate relay that get switched
    Fibaro Switch 2 has a so called solid relay, which are way smaller, which makes room for measuring of Watt and KWh possibilities, the relays can't measure that.

You will get 50+ drivers now too, look at the Roller Shutter for example, it has 'Roller Shutter 2' and 'Roller Shutter v2.5'.  So that's now a clean solution either. smile 
    The roller shutter's have been called that way because Fibaro is being stupid,
    the Roller Shutter 2 = v2.2 - v2.4 = FGRM-222
    the Roller Shutter 2 (v2.5) = v2.5 = FGR-222
    And made a change in one of the id's it's using so a new driver needed to be added instead of using the several id's in 1 device
    This is the only device there is (from fibaro) that has this "issue".
    if you have a cleaner way to specify this difference, be my guess :smile:.
    i'm not going to use the device model number because FGR-222 is sometimes still written as FGRM-222

I believe there will only be like 2 or 3 more devices that needs to be added, so it will not be 50+ devices.

If the z-wave driver chooses the right device for you anyway, why do all these devices have to be listed?  Isn't it possible to just select Fibaro and then, when you put the device in learning mode, let the driver which device needs to be added?
    All the devices separate has been done so people who don't know how to add their device, can See how to include their device without having to look at the manual.
  • Do you have a model number for the Switch 2? Can't seem to find anything about it.  Interested in seeing the difference with my relays.

Wouldn't it be possible then to group all the devices that have a similar look and way of adding them?
    Like the Dimmer/Relay/Switch, those all look alike and you have to triple click B-button or S1.
    That would seriously limit the long list of devices you have to choose from now (if I understand correctly your device will be added even if you pick a completely different/wrong device from the list?).
  • @Fire69 ;
    FGS-213 = Switch 2
    FGS-223 = Double Switch 2
    they are pretty new.

That is not possible the way homey is working.
    I've said this before, every driver needs to be seen as a real different device, the only thing they have in common are the brand name.

There are more differences in most devices outside of the name, like capabilities, settings. You don't want to link that together, that will even cause more problems then you can think off.

And it's not just the Fibaro app, just take a look at the Kaku app, it has more devices then fibaro, and they are even more the same then fibaro devices.. 
  • caseda said:
    @Fire69 ;
    FGS-213 = Switch 2
    FGS-223 = Double Switch 2
    they are pretty new.
    Ah, read about those already here.  Didn't know they changed the name also :)

caseda said:
    @Fire69 ;
    So what exactly do you mean by this?  I thought you meant you can pick any device and it will still install the correct one for you.

caseda said:

BTW, thanks for that, forgot to say that before :)
    I tried looking at the console when checking the 'start calibration' option, but I don't see anything special when I save the settings.
  • I'm trying to connect a Fibaro Button. I only get: "Wacht tot z-wave klaar is...".I did already pull the power for 2 minutes and tried again to add the button with the same result.
    What are the steps to connect a z-wave device, because now it's just a loop.
  • @Fire69 ;
    So what exactly do you mean by this?  I thought you meant you can pick any device and it will still install the correct one for you.

Yes, but driver = device, its not possible to make driver 1 & driver 2 = device.
    The list of devices is build automatically by homey according the drivers' list.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @HansieNL ;;
    this is not a thing of the fibaro app, this is because the z-wave chip is busy with your other z-wave devices.
    Follow these steps: (don't change the order, every step i give helps a different "plug" in the z-wave core)

1: wait until it gives a reponce again (can take a while, depending on the amount and type of devices you already have)
    you can see if it should respond again from the buttons (grayed out when busy) in the Z-Wave settings (settings -> Z-Wave).
    if the buttons are not grayed out, try to include it and let the add popup go until it times out, if it times out, go to next step.
    If it takes longer then 30 minutes go to next step as well.

2: restart from the settings menu (settings -> system -> [reboot homey], so not pull the plug)
    and then wait a while until it responses again.

3: If the buttons are not grayed out after a reboot but it still gives the "Wait until z-wave is ready..." message,
    wait a few seconds (until timeout) in that screen.

4: If it still times out you will need the plug longer then 2 minutes, up to 30 minutes.
  • @caseda;;
    Third reboot yesterday did the job. Now I can start re adding all of the devices.
    Thanx. 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2016
    Sorry for bringing up this issue again, I believe it was mentioned before but I can't find it in the forum.

I have a couple of FGS-222 relay switches added to Homey. The first once's were added as 3 nodes, and later once's as 2 nodes (after the App update). Being me, I decided to remove the 3-node (older inclusion and App) versions and re-added them. That went smoothly. 

I have momentary wall switches. This is working with the 222's nicely *but*  the App crashes if I change the second relay to 'pulse'. However; setting the first relay to 'pulse' sets them *both* to pulse. 

Is this a bug or the way the App works at the moment?
This discussion has been closed.