This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• I have no push notifications anymore (always worked, still works for my wife's phone).
    Already re-installed the app. Removed app data (to prevent Android M to restore from cloud backup it's app data).
    I did not get any additional devices in Homey's flows, so that seems to be working.
    Tried all available devices, multiple times.

Versions:
    Homey 0.9.1
    Homey Android app v2.2.6 - Build 54
    Nexus 6
    Android N preview 5 (did work on this build, previously).

Anything I can try or do?
    Well, when you reinstall the app, you should get a new device, since Android prevents apps from recognizing the same device across app installs for privacy reasons. You probably have to kill the app once (remove it from your recents) and restart it.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited August 2016
    This morning it started working again (I now only have 4 devices with my name on it in Homey).
    Thanks.

Are you guys still thinking on how to manage the multiple devices in Homey? :smile: 

• This morning it started working again (I now only have 4 devices with my name on it in Homey).
    Thanks.

Are you guys still thinking on how to manage the multiple devices in Homey? :smile: 

Yeah, we have a pretty good idea on how to clean up all these old devices, but it's not the highest priority for us right now (with IR updates and BLE upcoming, and home detection still to be implemented in the iOS app)
  • Oh yeah, I almost forgot: for the people with Android 4.x, I fixed the zone selection overlay, so that should work properly as well now :)

noice!

thnx
  • I have updated homey to 0.9.1 and reinstalled the app. I now have none items in the app while I do have 15 hue lights and some honeywell evohome equipement.
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited August 2016
    pascal said:
    I have updated homey to 0.9.1 and reinstalled the app. I now have none items in the app while I do have 15 hue lights and some honeywell evohome equipement.
    Did you re-add the devices? And after that logout / login the app, that worked for me
  • superice said:
    Yeah, we have a pretty good idea on how to clean up all these old devices, but it's not the highest priority for us right now (with IR updates and BLE upcoming, and home detection still to be implemented in iOS)

NP. I can live with a list of devices as long as one is working.
    Great work guys!
  • fiekfiek Member
    superice said:
    fiek said:
    @Superice... You didn't mention push notification on android. About seven weeks ago it worked flawlessly on our Sony Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S7. Or is your work on the internal push notification service also gonna fix my problems?
    That is related to the device appearing multiple times in the flow card. Should be fixed in the next update ;)
    I installed 2.2.6 build 54 on my Sony Z5, but still no push notification. I tried every suggestion in this topic. Also my girl's Samsung Galaxy S7 not working.

Any other suggestions?
  • I believe The last update fixed the menu background staying on top. Cannot test it because my device cannot be added to homey at the moment.
  • @superice I often use a VPN connection to my Bo e network. Is it possible to add a check to (optionally) check if the phone is on the same subnet as homey is?  Typically VPN connections are on a seperate subnet and have a seperate IP range from where IP addresses are given to connecting clients. 

You can also have a look at the better presence solution. That works rather well (except when you are in the garden and have a on/off wifi connection) . 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2016
    superice said:
    I have no push notifications anymore (always worked, still works for my wife's phone).
    Already re-installed the app. Removed app data (to prevent Android M to restore from cloud backup it's app data).
    I did not get any additional devices in Homey's flows, so that seems to be working.
    Tried all available devices, multiple times.

Versions:
    Homey 0.9.1
    Homey Android app v2.2.6 - Build 54
    Nexus 6
    Android N preview 5 (did work on this build, previously).

Anything I can try or do?
    Well, when you reinstall the app, you should get a new device, since Android prevents apps from recognizing the same device across app installs for privacy reasons. You probably have to kill the app once (remove it from your recents) and restart it.
    Any chance we can clean th list ourself in some way, it's really long at this moment open_mouth 

I'm on Homey 0.9.2 and have a flow for a trigger of motion with the fibaro multi sensor. My girlfriend on iPhone gets the notifcation but i'm not getting it on S6 (use the latest device in flow)

Edit:
    After several login/logout with the Homey app on my S6 i get the notifications again :)
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited August 2016
    After updating app to 2.2.7 build 55 push notification on my Sony Z5 running Android 6.0.1 working again
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited August 2016
    Also multiple entries in flow manager are gone. My phone is displayed only one now.
  • Yesterday came homey from vacation. In the MacDonalds updated my Phone to the latest Android app version and @home Homey detected me as @home :)
    Today we didn't left home and unfortunately the app, out of nothing, found it necessary to report me out of house on 9:45 and back home on 10:01.

So still having strange away/home detection.
  • MarcoF said:
    Yesterday came homey from vacation. In the MacDonalds updated my Phone to the latest Android app version and @home Homey detected me as @home :)
    Today we didn't left home and unfortunately the app, out of nothing, found it necessary to report me out of house on 9:45 and back home on 10:01.

Yeah, I'm sorry, it's next up on our list after infrared.

Push notifications should work perfectly now on 2.2.7+ :) For me personally, even though I reinstall the app on my phone a lot my Homey at home did still send the push notification to my phone correctly, even with a flow I made weeks ago. If anyone experiences issues with push notifications, please let me know ;)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    Based on your Slack post I thought this was already tackled in the most recent app version(s);
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1470220787003662

• MarcoF said:
    Based on your Slack post I thought this was already tackled in the most recent app version(s);
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1470220787003662

Ah, no, I'm sorry, I should've expressed myself clearer: our first try on Android was geofencing alone, but that didn't work reliable enough. The current way of detecting a user is home is wifi event detection, combined with GPS, but the GPS does not always seem to kick in, which causes it to work okay-ish, but not quite reliable enough.

When the IR rewrite is done, I'm going to focus on improving the situation on Android (e.g. making the GPS work better in combination with wifi event detection, perhaps try some other strategies for home detection) but that was not meant for this update yet. This update consists only of minor bugfixes regarding push notifications and some translations for the settings screen.
  • Ah ok my bad and will wait :)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited September 2016
    When I open the App on my tablet and log in the background turns white and I can't see any devices. The voice graph and the top room display and changer are functional though. Maybe because its a 2560x1600 screen? (Toshiba Excite Pro)
  • Peao said:
    When I open the App on my tablet and log in the background turns white and I can't see any devices. The voice graph and the top room display and changer are functional though. Maybe becauce its a 2560x1600 screen? (Toshiba Excite Pro)
    Hmm, that shouldn't happen. What version of Android are you on? I'll see if I can reproduce and fix it ;)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the quick response!  Its 4.3 and a 10.1 inch Tablet.

Landscape isn't working, too. But as far as I remember that was disabled.
  • When will the presence/home detection be refactored in the Android app? It's not working really well at the moment (or I'm just a sleepwalker leaving the house a few times each night...?)

Also widget and/or lockscreen support (to trigger a flow from the Android lockscreen) would be great. I've read it somewhere in this topic but quite some time ago I believe. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    T-mo-T said:
    When will the presence/home detection be refactored in the Android app? It's not working really well at the moment (or I'm just a sleepwalker leaving the house a few times each night...?)
    +1

Also widget and/or lockscreen support (to trigger a flow from the Android lockscreen) would be great. I've read it somewhere in this topic but quite some time ago I believe. 

+1
  • superice said:
    Peao said:
    When I open the App on my tablet and log in the background turns white and I can't see any devices. The voice graph and the top room display and changer are functional though. Maybe becauce its a 2560x1600 screen? (Toshiba Excite Pro)
    Hmm, that shouldn't happen. What version of Android are you on? I'll see if I can reproduce and fix it ;)
    Have you found the problem?  :)
  • I have the same problem with a samsung tablet,it got it for free with some sort of action hi
    it is a tm-110 with the android version of 4.2.2
    i cannot upgrade because 4.2.2 is the most recent android version
  • Same on my wife's phone , Sony Xperia L (C2105) android 4.2.2.
    after start-up white background in stead off rainbow colors and no buttons visible.
    I hope the issue can be reproduced.
  • superice said:
    MarcoF said:
    Yesterday came homey from vacation. In the MacDonalds updated my Phone to the latest Android app version and @home Homey detected me as @home :)

Yeah, I'm sorry, it's next up on our list after infrared.

Push notifications should work perfectly now on 2.2.7+ :) For me personally, even though I reinstall the app on my phone a lot my Homey at home did still send the push notification to my phone correctly, even with a flow I made weeks ago. If anyone experiences issues with push notifications, please let me know ;)
    Regarding Push Notifications; I use them to monitor when some flows are triggered to make sure they work correctly. After working for quite some time, recently (last week or so) I stopped getting any notifications. I had to log out, clear the app cache and log back in again to restore the functionality. On the good side, I still have only one version of my phone in the dropdown menu and existing flows work again.. :) 
  • Hi @superice  tryed searching without success, can i ask you if nfc support on the mobile device is planned (Smartphone touched nfc as trigger for flows)?

Tnx
  • viktor said:
    Hi @superice  tryed searching without success, can i ask you if nfc support on the mobile device is planned (Smartphone touched nfc as trigger for flows)?

Tnx
    Hmm, we weren't planning on that, but that sure sounds like an interesting feature. We'll check if something like that is feasible.
  • T-mo-T said:
    When will the presence/home detection be refactored in the Android app? It's not working really well at the moment (or I'm just a sleepwalker leaving the house a few times each night...?)

Started testing geofencing this week, must admit it's not working very well. 
    It almost never detects me leaving or coming home.