This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• How can I pair the Motion Sensor (FGMS-001), do I need to change some associations? Now there is a 1 in group3. But still it is not working well. Most of the time the motion stays triggerd or the update time is to long so i get no actual data
  • Just add it with the left button and dont put 1 in group 1 i have a 1 in group 3 and it is working fine
  • Webster said:
    Just add it with the left button and dont put 1 in group 1 i have a 1 in group 3 and it is working fine
    I have did that, but the luminace is not updating very wel.. for the rest it is ok

• arthurarthur Member
    The luminance of all (3) my sensors are also not updating very well.
    Anyone else having the same issue?
  • i am going to check it for you
  • arthur said:
    The luminance of all (3) my sensors are also not updating very well.
    Anyone else having the same issue?

Don't know if it is the same problem, but I am very unhappy with the updates of the luminance. In the manual I found this: parameter 40. ILLUMINATION REPORT THRESHOLD

The parameter determines the change in light intensity level resulting in illumination report being sent to the main controller.

Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 lux; 0 = reports are notsent)

Default setting: 200 (200 lux)

Parameter size: 2 [byte] 

So per default the sensor only report changes in luminance when it exceeded 200 lux. What in my case don't make any sense indoors. I hope the advanced parameters will be added within the next weeks.

Is that what you have observed?

• arthurarthur Member
    I think you may be right, luminance levels in the data points from insights mostly exceed 200 Lux, sometimes less though. In the old firmware I changed this parameter, but it seems to have been overwritten when I had to re-add the sensors to the system using the fibaro app. 

We will have to wait until Athom updates the App to allow parameter customisation again. 
  • So what did i do wrong? 

alarms do not turn off :(
  • Motion and tamper? Or just tamper?
  • @Ziglar I see that you only have Group 1 associated, My multisensor has an association on all 3 groups by default. Maybe that has something to do with it as well?
  • @ziglar, you should at least have 1 in group 3, don't know if the other 2 are necessary.
  • 1, 2 and 3 should be the default

• like this ?

• They should all contain the nodeId of Homey (1 usually)
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited August 2016
    Ziglar said:

like this ?

fill in 3 * 1 (not 1-2-3)
    Then save, and wake up youre device, to upload the settings (press button 1 or 3 times)

• if i do so, the lux is not reported and the tanger alarm does not turn off 
  • and removing the battery for 30sec?

• took the battery out.
    restarted homey
    put the battery in
    tamper alert still activated and wont turn off
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ziglar said:
    took the battery out.
    restarted homey
    put the battery in
    tamper alert still activated and wont turn off
    and update the settings?

- press 3times the button
    - sensor turns blue -> then update the settings..

It worked for me..

• held the fibaro very close to homey and pressed 3 times the b button, waited until the blue light dissapeared.
    tamper alarm is still active :(
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited August 2016

These are my settings..works just fine (tamper operation mode on (3) )
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @Ziglar ;;;
    change your tamper operation mode, to option (1)
    and for your lux (illumination), it is only send when more then 200 lux difference is measured and not on a time interval. so you would need to change these (they do impact battery life)

• @caseda ;
    Mine is working on option 3 and it works fine. If I touch the sensor, homey starts to scream "blijf van me af"

• mbalik79 said:

Copied the settings,
    updated the fibaro by pressing 3 times b button

tamper alert stopped and movement works perfect.

thanks @mbalik79 ;

@caseda the tamper option was at 1, and changed it to 3 now.
  • Ziglar said:
    mbalik79 said:

Copied the settings,
    updated the fibaro by pressing 3 times b button

tamper alert stopped and movement works perfect.

thanks @mbalik79 ;

@caseda the tamper option was at 1, and changed it to 3 now.
    you're welcome..
  • thankfully people know exactly the difference of the options :smiley: </sarcasm>
  • Erwin75Erwin75 Member
    edited August 2016
    Almost 2 months without good working fibaro (motion, lux, tamper, temprature and battery ) sensors.

Why is there no one from athom that can say which settings are correct for the motion sensors ?
    and if you have to reset, how you reset, which assiosiations you have to set.
    Put it somewhere on the website, or make a video of it.....

sometimes there is data from the sensors ( have 3 ) but mostly there is not.
    is the app going to be updatet ? do i need the change the default settings ?

• @Erwin75 ;
    step 1 : install the fibaro app
    step 2: Hold the b-button of your fibaro for 4-6 seconds to enter the 2nd level menu (coulour will change)
    step 3: short press the B button, the colour will turn red and fade
    step 4: add fibaro to homey using the zwave+ version of the motion sensor in the fibaro app
    step 5: leave all associations to 1 (in group 1, 2, and 3 the value should be "1")
    step 6: Copy the settings from the picture @mbalik79 posted and save them
    step 7: press the b-button 3 times, very close to homey
    step 8: place your fibaro on the desired location and observe at least 24 hours its funtion trough homey.
  • Thankss will play with these settings also
  • Erwin75 said:

Why is there no one from athom that can say which settings are correct for the motion sensors ?
    and if you have to reset, how you reset, which assiosiations you have to set.
    Put it somewhere on the website, or make a video of it.....
    Because these are the default settings by Fibaro.
    For instance: the tamper alarm is default set to never stop (by default that is).

For tamper to work the association groups have to be correct, which is updated in the driver later on.
    Maybe you had this device associated before this was updated?