This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

edited July 2018 in Apps

Fibaro by Athom App - main discussion topic

Main discussion topic to centralize all Questions, Answers and Information around the Fibaro App for the Z-wave devices of Fibaro (www.fibaro.com)

Links and information:

Athom Homey apps store: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro
Fibaro App code repository: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro (CLI install how to)

Specific device topics:
<Links to other relevant Fibaro topics, e.g. device topics>

Issue resolution and feature requests:

Please be aware that this topic is not actively monitored by Athom; it is a topic maintained by the community to share knowledge within the community.
In order to keep track of issues and feature requests for the Fibaro app, please them at: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues

App contribution and co-development:

This app is actively supported by the following community developers: @RalfVanDooren @caseda @TedTolboom and @Priknr1
Contributions to this app can be made by any community members, more information can be found on: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Fibaro App - Frequently Asked Questions 

Which devices are supported by the Fibaro app:
In the app store a list of supported devices is shown with picture and description in the 'Supported devices' list. This list is generated by the actual content of the app.
In the readme of the app store, a more detailed list is maintained by the developers, showing the device numbers and the state in which the device has been implemented (e.g. basic support or fully implemented)

My device is not supported, how do I get it implemented into the Fibaro app:
Most devices are implemented but new devices are being developed by Fibaro. If your device is not supported, check on this topic if there are already plans to add support. In addition create a GitHub issue (see link above) to request to add support for this device.

What is the changelog of the Fibaro App:
The changelog of the app is shown in the readme of the app store (see link above), but can also be derived from the commit overview on the Github repository: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/commits/master

Forum Discussion

Initial Discussion created by @TedTolboom
Ask any Moderator to add/update/correct this Discussion.
Tagged:

Comments

• tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mod break: merging this topic in the main discussion topic of the Fibaro App to keep history
    The fibaro app is already in the app store! 
  • Indeed, but you have to wait until the new Homey firmware is released
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Just need support for universal binary sensor then i can move from hc2 to homey 100%,  any eta on that @Athom?  
  • casedacaseda Member
    I've seen the app in the github since this afternoon, glanced over it and still lacks certain things, so a lot to do still before the fibaro app is done :)
    But it was the initial commit, so my hope is strong everything will turn alright.
  • djesko said:
    Just need support for universal binary sensor then i can move from hc2 to homey 100%,  any eta on that @Athom?  
    That can take some time, but maybe the community can add it. The source is on github and Emile challenged the community on slack to add additional devices and configparameters!
    Next to that, the dimmers and relay devices are not included yet. Personally i think it won't take that much time before somebody adds them!
  • JaxcJaxc Member

missing lots of, for myself needed devices, like 

Fibaro relay switch FGS221

Universele binaire sensor FGBS-001 and FGBS-321

Well that meens more waiting.... I thought the new (hopfully) upcomming update would meen Plug-and play....

• When they announced the updated they said that the first app wil come in the weeks after! So They kept there promise. That it's not all done was excepted. My kaku don't even work at the moment.

But it's more of a big step they made now!
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited July 2016
    @tim1990 there is a new version of the kaku app, but it requires the new firmware version that osn't released yet. Maybe that wil solve it. 
  • missing lots of, for myself needed devices, like 

Fibaro relay switch FGS221

Universele binaire sensor FGBS-001 and FGBS-321

Well that meens more waiting.... I thought the new (hopfully) upcomming update would meen Plug-and play....

True but my problem is that I can't even add the relay switches using the Z-Wave option for "limited"functionality
  • jordenjorden Member
    I would love if there were "condition" cards as well. No need to poll live data, since Homey already knows the info...

Example, condition:
    (and) motion alarm is on
    (and) flood alarm is on
    (and) tamper alarm is on

For example. Ofcourse this is possible using variables but it would be nice to have it in the app if that's not too much work.
  • My RGBW controller is added as a basic device. It only support switching all on and off. No RGBW separate channels or any other controls.
  • For some reason the Motion Sensor is mentioned two times when I chose which Fibaro Device I want to add..?
    Also; where can I find the settings for the motion sensor? For example; I want to adjust the brightness of the LED and the motion sensitivity. Any help?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @tweaqer ;
    thats because there are 2 versions of the sensor supported (Z-Wave & Z-Wave+ (Z-Wave V5)).
    But both should work normally.

For settings you will have to wait for a pull request (merge) at github, and then that app to be published in the appstore
    Or download the pull request from github and install via the CLI
  • caseda said:
    @tweaqer ;
    thats because there are 2 versions of the sensor supported (Z-Wave & Z-Wave+ (Z-Wave V5)).
    But both should work normally.

For settings you will have to wait for a pull request (merge) at github, and then that app to be published in the appstore
    Or download the pull request from github and install via the CLI
    Awesome stuff! I tried moving my mouse over the image to see the entire description but then it would just say "select your type of device", now I see that you have a mouse over on the text part. Would be nice if they could do a mouse over on the image aswell :smiley:  Cheers!
  • @caseda Hehe mbrouw is me. ;)
  • casedacaseda Member
    @mauriceb ;
    wooops :blush: my bad.
    then you are the only one  :p
    Have you tried to power cycle homey? (take of the power off for atleast 10-15 seconds)
    all capabilities are implemented for the RGBW controller
  • Seems the new Fibaro app crashes because of my Fibaro Smoke Sensor V1 which is powered by an AC adapter instead of battery power. @Emile can you look this up?
  • Also I would like to request you to add the roller shutter (v1 and v2) as soon as possible. Because of the new Z-Wave implementation these devices are no longer recognized and are being added as unusable devices. Also please integrate Fibaro Dimmer support a.s.a.p.

I also found the following issues:
    1. Tamper alarm for the flood sensor does not work
    2. No tamper alarm for the smoke sensor
    3. No temperature reports for the smoke sensor

• @caseda I noticed the same.

My device showed up when I did a power cycle except it was invalid and the Unknow Z-wave device was still there. I did a Z-wave network reset and added the RGBW controller again got the invalid device error and did a power cycle and now the app crashes according to the issue on Github and my device is gone. Not what I wanted but progress nevertheless. :)
  • Also I've noticed: no temperature readings for the doorsensor
  • tweaqertweaqer Member
    edited July 2016
    Did anyone get the wallplug to work? i tried adding it but the interview fails everytime, trying to remove it before including didnt help..

Edit:
    a reset of the wallplug did the trick!

Edit 2: feature request for the app: I would like to be able to use the wallplug in the IF-flow. For example: IF Wallplug is On THEN Turn Off After 20 minutes.
  • Just saw the Fibaro app is updated, now with dimmer 2 included. Installed my dimmer 2 modules and they are working great! Huge Improvement @Athom ; - Kuddo's!
  • After the update to v1.0.6 I found my Homey suddenly added to another z-wave controller and am unable to Exclude Homey from this mistery pair? Factory reset zwave is the only option and to pair all devices again - sigh -

Was very hopefull seeing the app supporting dimmer 2 but not sure if it is stable yet with auto updates of this app.
  • Just saw the Fibaro app is updated, now with dimmer 2 included. Installed my dimmer 2 modules and they are working great! Huge Improvement @Athom ; - Kuddo's!
    You can thank @aloft for his work on this  :)
  • Will the roller shutter module be added to the app on short notice?? I want my blinds to go up when my smoke detector detects smoke :smile:   And automatically close / open them based on temperatures / lux when I am not at home.
  • Any info when fibaro relay switch will be added? 
  • Adding the dimmer 2 does not work for me. First I did a reset of the dimmer (hold the B until visual led turns yellow + click) the start the adding process (Fibaro app, select Dimmer 2, click B 3 times when asked for). There is a 3m distance between Homey and the dimmer. Any ideas?
  • @hnijveen ;
    try decreasing the distance to a maximum of 2 meter.
    Which is the maximum recommended distance for pairing any z-wave device
  • You can also try doing a 'Remove device' from the Homey settings.
    Maybe the reset you tried wasn't successful.  If you remove it, you get a confirmation that it's OK.
This discussion has been closed.