This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.9.1

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I really wish athom would finally release a working KaKu app. My AWMR-230 and AWMD-250 are still not working. Now even Chromecast is broken. I was pretty happy up to firmware 0.8.35. KaKu was working great then.
    But Z-Wave wasn't, and now it's better for me...
    I'm sure it'll all work out in the end of your patient enough.
    would love to get my greenwave powernode 6 working. but they are also not working yet. also not as generic device . it just shows one device and not 7 (main device and 6 sub devices).
  • Homey crashed after trying to add KAKU devices, now it keeps rebooting even after i pulled the plug...
  • Got the download eventually. Fibaro wall plugs all went without any problem. The sensors I managed to add too. The relay switches -not in the Fibaro app- are more of a problem. I can't add them as regular Z-Wave devices. The system only recognises it as a std Z-Wave device and it will only work as a single switch instead of a double one. Left alone the fact that switches that I had already added before t he upgrade will not be recognised at all. Brand new ones are. Tried everything from reset to removing manual switch wiring but all with no result. Anybody?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @RogierVanWijk ;
    All Z-wave devices that do not have an app created for them, are Standard devices like you said (only 1x on/off).
    There is no "regular device" options like there was before, only devices that can be added with an app.
    Like all other (non z-wave) devices.
    If there is no app (device included in the app), then homey does not know what kind of device it is.
    (they have warned us people of this before hand)

So you will just have to wait for the fibaro app to be including the relais, or create the app your self.
  • mglatmglat Member
    Dont really get it why they choose to implement the flood sensor and smoke detector, but not the dimmer and relay switch. I would have done it the other way around. 
  • JPeJPe Member

LaCrosse Crashes with new 0.9.1 ,
    also after reinstall and power-down -- power-up
    in the previous version (0.8.39) it could be installed an values where readable in the device,
    but I could not make a working flow with the values.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited July 2016
    nteuniss said:
    Same here. I managed to add the Fibaro Sensor, that seems to work ok, but I'm missing the support of the Fibaro Dimmer 2 to really do some testing. I hope that that will be added soon.
    not ok, cant see the lux level on my motion sensor (z-wave plus)

I think its weird that not all functionality is build in for just a few fibaro devices before releasing the app, if it will be slow like all other app progress it will take months before everything is in it (like with the hue app).
  • HomeWizard also does not make contact anymore..
  • p0nts said:
    nteuniss said:
    Same here. I managed to add the Fibaro Sensor, that seems to work ok, but I'm missing the support of the Fibaro Dimmer 2 to really do some testing. I hope that that will be added soon.

I think its weird that not all functionality is build in for just a few fibaro devices before releasing the app, if it will be slow like all other app progress it will take months before everything is in it (like with the hue app).
    Couldn't you create your own app now since the api's are released?
  • aloftaloft Member
    They are counting on the community to extend / create apps for Z-wave devices.  But a lot isn't documented yet, so it takes some trial and error and waiting for Athom's feedback to get the first apps.

I've experimented with extending the Fibaro App. It seems pretty simple, but the missing documentation hinders real fast development.  I would also have expected more support after 5+ weeks of no updates. What they released feels a bit 'minimalistic'. 

Patience, patience... 
  • I really wish athom would finally release a working KaKu app. My AWMR-230 and AWMD-250 are still not working. Now even Chromecast is broken. I was pretty happy up to firmware 0.8.35. KaKu was working great then.
    Emile said:
    The coming weeks some things might break because of these stabilized API's. Luckily it's for the best, because after that we don't intend to touch them again :-) It took some time for us to get right, as it's a pretty explorative process, but it feels good, mostly due to your feedback!
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited July 2016
    p0nts said:
    nteuniss said:

Athom wont let you create apps for things that are already made by them, someone already tried to publish his HUE app but that did not get accepted.

so same for Fibaro and all other apps made by Athom, wait for them to update it at some point ...
  • aloftaloft Member
    p0nts said:
    p0nts said:
    nteuniss said:

Athom wont let you create apps for things that are already made by them, someone already tried to publish his HUE app but that did not get accepted.

so same for Fibaro and all other apps made by Athom, wait for them to update it at some point ...
    Not completely true, you can extend the Fibaro app ; it is open source, and they will accept code that is not written by them. This morning they did already accept two code-updates made by the community
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    aloft said:
    p0nts said:
    p0nts said:
    nteuniss said:

Not completely true, you can extend the Fibaro app ; it is open source, and they will accept code that is not written by them. This morning they did already accept two code-updates made by the community
    yeah ok, thats true!
  • @Bumblez nice quote, but I have been without Kaku for 8 weeks now. First the solution would be the new Kaku app. That was not the solution . Then the solution was that 0.9.x would solve my problem for sure. It did not. 

• djefmodjefmo Member
    mglat said:
    Dimmer2 Fibaro devices not recognized  with 0.9.1 and added as basic device. BIG bummer. Most of my Zwave devices are type dimmer2 :|

Relais switch (2x1) give same.
    I have the same problem! It's just weird that they mention that Fibaro devices are supported first, but that the app doesn't include the relay switches or dimmers. After such a long time of waiting I was at least expecting full Fibaro support
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    @djefmo ;;
    they didn't say ALL devices are supported from the start.
    If your device is not on the list of "supported devices" then it is not included (yet).
    The fibaro app itself is not even a week old (I.E.: Just 2 Days), it's almost impossible to add all devices in such a short periode.

The dimmer has already been added for the next version (written by community), so just have a little patience!
  • phbphb Member
    I'm not happy with this update... no fibaro sensors , pioneer and chromecast,and because no chromecast also plex doesn't  work....
  • @caseda Is there a way to install the community written driver manually?
  • casedacaseda Member
    If you know how to install apps from github, then it is definitely possible.
  • @all   How do you like voice recognition in this version.
    I do not know for sure and if "its a want to be""  thought of me, but i think its much better....  
    (@emile  is lauching his paint out if they did nothing on it now.)

:) 
  • JulianJulian Member
    The Forest app also seems to stopped working, get the notification the app is crashed. Turning it off/on or a full re-install do not do the trick. 
  • daylfydaylfy Member
    Anyone test the range of z-wave with this firmware ? is it any better ?
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited July 2016
    Robinjo said:
    @caseda Is there a way to install the community written driver manually?
    I think the community written driver (for the fibaro dimmer v1 and some settings for the motion sensor) is already included in the app store version, version 1.0.2
  • I've struggeled for quite som time now with my Nexa sockets and doorbell, and still no luck with 0.91. When pairing the socket/doorbell (copying signal from remote/doorbell), the signal is recognized by Homey, but the Nexa device won't respond to Homeys output when testing the signal in the following step (or in flows for that matter).
    Remote still works directly with nexa product, and homey also receives signal properly from remote. Is this a known issue, or is my Homey 433 transmitter broken perhaps?
  • SdRSdR
    edited July 2016
    KlikAanKlikUit werkt bij mij ook niet meer... alle devices en Z-wave devices zijn verdwenen na de 9.1 firmware update.

Nu getracht met nieuwe KlikAanKlikUit App versie 2.1 KaKu devices weer te koppelen en hij geeft aan ze gekoppeld te hebben maar de lampen gaan niet meer aan met het 433 signaal.

Ik heb 2 ACD1000 apparaten van KaKu
  • I've struggeled for quite som time now with my Nexa sockets and doorbell, and still no luck with 0.91. When pairing the socket/doorbell (copying signal from remote/doorbell), the signal is recognized by Homey, but the Nexa device won't respond to Homeys output when testing the signal in the following step (or in flows for that matter).
    Remote still works directly with nexa product, and homey also receives signal properly from remote. Is this a known issue, or is my Homey 433 transmitter broken perhaps?
    I have that problem already for  more than 6 weeks.  I was also thinking my 433 transmitter is broken.  Either it is a problem more people are facing (and it is a firmware problem) or more and more transmitters are getting broken. 

Anyway let's see how athom will solve this. 
  • "Glad" to hear I'm not the only one :) Should I report my error somewhere, btw?
  • All my kaku switches (apa3-1500r) are working 100%, after i have repaired them. I am using kaku app v2.1 and homey firmware 0.9.1.

After firmware update to 0.9.1 i have pull the power plug for about 1 minute. Some apa3-1500r are not pairing at the first time,  but after full reset of the apa3-1500r i can pair these switches.

• Here all KaKu devices works for 100% (doorbell, dimmers, sockets, asun650 and motion sensors). Firmware 0.9.1 and most recent app from the store
This discussion has been closed.