This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• I read on Slack that possibly this thursday is the new friday! ;)

I think you need to re-read ;)
    Lol, you are right.. I did only read "Can't wait for the next update" and "Yeah probably today or tomorrow". Missed the part about an e-mail.. :)
  • Hopefully they wont force release but test it thoroughly first..
  • Thorough testing is done by the Experimental channel! You just can test it all in the "lab"!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @tim1990 ;
    Yes and no. 

Experimental can/should be used to introduce new features and/or big releases which need wild testing. Small fixes and/or updates can be released as stable. Else how could hotfixes be releases quick? 

Also athom needs to do unit testing, which can and if done right prevent a lot of issues.

And the closer we get to 1.0.0 we(the users) may expect better and more stable releases. 

Version 1.0.0 will probably be released directly as stable and so it also needs to be stable and thorough tested. 
  • SommoSommo Member
    i'm really excited for tomorrow, hope all is going to the right direction (@athom), my homey is still turned off since march, maybe this weekend i will power it back :)
  • Here also turned off for the last. Month. No point in using something that is not working (zwave) as it should do. Only irritates and brings negativity into your life. I have faith in Athom and know that they.are doing the best they can to gat to a stable base system. Thumbs up for the Friday update. 
  • MarcoF said:
    @tim1990 ;
    Yes and no. 

Experimental can/should be used to introduce new features and/or big releases which need wild testing. Small fixes and/or updates can be released as stable. Else how could hotfixes be releases quick? 
    So in this case. If you ask me and if i understand you wright what is steaded  counts for this update! The 0.9.0 or 0.9.1 or so!

That's means we agree with each other.  :) B)
  • fuzzybear said:
    Here also turned off for the last. Month. No point in using something that is not working (zwave) as it should do. Only irritates and brings negativity into your life. I have faith in Athom and know that they.are doing the best they can to gat to a stable base system. Thumbs up for the Friday update. 

I have never been able to really use my Homey since I received it this spring, as it is not compatible with my router. Athom said this will hopefully be fixed with next update (Wifi-recovery).

So irritating if friends come by, look at the unlugged Homey and say "still nothing?", grinning evil..

My fingers are crossed and thumbs up...

• ReemsterReemster Member
    edited July 2016
    It will be nice if @Emile confirms for now that the patch/update is come out 2day .. :) 
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited July 2016
    Spoke with him yesterday (on slack)...and yesterday it was still planned for this week. smile 
  • Just to be the bitch: :dizzy: 

>:) That's what he said the week before >:) 
  • swtttswttt Member
    tim1990 said:
    Just to be the bitch: :dizzy: 

>:) That's what he said the week before >:) 
    Hehe, true...but thats why i said that YESTERDAY it was still PLANNED for this week :smile: 
    What happens today is a different cookie :smiley: 

• viktorviktor Member
    Hopefully no bad/good News Post on the Forum today.
  • CassieCassie Member
    I see some updated apps in the "store"' which are " incompatible with your Homey software version". As a matter of fact, I already installed the previous version of the app on the homey.. Is could be a signal that an update is on its way..
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    It's still 2 days till the end of this week.... Don't expect anything and expect nothing. 
  • cautjecautje Member
    Yoooooo, downloading!
  • cautje said:
    Yoooooo, downloading!
    YES!! (eindelijk!!)
  • yeeehhhhaaaaa
  • edited July 2016
    dont wanna be a buzzkill... but my zwave aeon motion 6 is not playing nice... keeps dropping after adding on association groups.. not succesfully added
    Also seems that the action kaku doesnt work anymore.
  • Friday, right?

Everyone recovered from the improvements (and minor annoyances) in  0.9.1?

• Damn, is it Friday already??  :D my homey works perfectly now, let's hope it will run only better after a new update 2day? ;)
  • hope 0.9.2 will get to stable, so i can update my homey (0.0.1) :P
  • Sommo said:
    hope 0.9.2 will get to stable, so i can update my homey (0.0.1) :P
    Is not goin to happen.
  • @Rocodamelshe ;
    Would be a good move, for me the most stable firmware since a while.

Do hope 0.9.2 will get IR back :smile: 

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited August 2016
    Sommo said:
    Go to experimental channel, it's not retail product yet.
  • swttt said:
    @Rocodamelshe ;

And hopefully bluetooth, so I can adapt my speaker
  • As far as I understood it is more of a bugfix release . 
  • swttt said:
    @Rocodamelshe ;

I would love it also but:

0.9.2 Will not include a working IR implementation, therefore we are not going to release it to stable. 0.10.x will contain an IR rewrite and can be released to stable if it does not cause any issues. 

• Sommo said:
    Is not goin to happen.

On slack Athom stated the are debating if 0.9.2 will be released as stable. The also said 0.9.2 will be a bug fixing release just before Emile's vacation. 

I set on 0.9.2 will be released as stable. 
  • One thing is for sure. It will not be stable today. 
This discussion has been closed.