This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] LG SmartTV

Comments

• jorden said:
    Nice!

I will make a better README and then submit this 'very early' version to the app store. Will ofcourse stay available for making improvements :)
    You're the best...I will soon make a donation! :)
    You make my HOMEY-day !
  • jordenjorden Member
    BTW was the session key inserted correctly now?

I am very curious if the session key stays the same after you turn off the television and after a few days. Otherwise next improvement will be to request a new session key for each command :)
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited June 2016
    found a bug. I was very happy that it works. Made a lot of voice flows. Then my wife came home and I want to show her, nothing...
    When the TV is turned off with the remote(or Homey) it doesn't make connection after you turn it on. The Ip-adres is not changed cause it's fixed. When delete the device and add a new one it works again, but then you have to make the flows again
  • jordenjorden Member
    OK, that probably means the session key is really just for one session. No problem, will fix that ASAP.
    edited June 2016
    jorden said:
    OK, that probably means the session key is really just for one session. No problem, will fix that ASAP.
    Great, for the rest it works fine, but I have to test all the keys.
    Tonight I have a night shift so I have to try between everything (kids, wife, eating...), but I try..
    edited June 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    jorden said:
    Great, for the rest it works fine
    I think I found the problem. It's not the session key (stil the same), but if the tv has turned off/on again I have to pair it first
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    mbalik79 said:
    mbalik79 said:
    jorden said:
    Great, for the rest it works fine
    I think I found the problem. It's not the session key (stil the same), but if the tv has turned off/on again I have to pair it first
    That confirms the session key is changed.
  • jordenjorden Member
    I think the pairing key should stay the same, but the session key probably changes.
  • jorden said:
    I think the pairing key should stay the same, but the session key probably changes.
    Pairing key is here always the same. On Phone and homey
  • jordenjorden Member
    The discover function actually finds my Philips Hue system... LOL

Well, I have simplified the pairing a little. Fixed a small bug where the IP address would disappear from the field. And hopefully it now correctly receives a session key 'on the fly'. Github is now updated.
  • gonna try

• It doesn't add the device..

• phil_sphil_s Member
     for your work i just made a donation!

greeds philipp
  • jordenjorden Member
    @phil_s thanks so much!

@mbalik79 Sorry, made an error in the code. Can you please try again?

• This the only thing I get. In the debug it says pairing succeed. But I cannot save the settings.
    I'm away till 8pm maybe I can try then again

• jordenjorden Member
    Maybe you can look into the console log of your browser as well, to see if that shows any errors. As well as the log by athom project --run.
  • jordenjorden Member
    I think I know what I did wrong. I have uploaded a new version, hopefully pairing works again now but if not, I think it should show more info in the logs.
  • The app crashed at the moment it has to send a command in a flow

• jordenjorden Member
    Updated again... used an uppercase K instead of lowercase k.

Sorry to have you go through so much testing... normally I'd do that myself :)
  • No problem, I'm very glad that you want to write the app.

I've tested the latest version...and... it WORKS!!
    Also after I put the tv off and back on.

For now I've have to go to work..so no testing anymore (snik snik). I like this stuff...

Thanks..again (tommorrow I will test furder)
  • jordenjorden Member
    Ah that's so good to hear! I'll resubmit it to the app store now for validation.

And ofcourse would love to hear your comments tomorrow if you run across anything!
  • jorden said:
    Ah that's so good to hear! I'll resubmit it to the app store now for validation.

And ofcourse would love to hear your comments tomorrow if you run across anything!
    I will and sent you a donation for all the good work
  • phil_s said:
     for your work i just made a donation!

greeds philipp
    The latest version on github works very well
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    ok, thx @mbalik79 ;
    i will give it a try
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    ok, i installed it with cli but my tv dosen't show me the pairing-code if request ist klicked? 

edit: i see... it gave my tv the ip from my hue bridge, so i will edit it to the right ip ....

edit 2nd: when i correct my ip of the tv and klick to request the pairing key i just get an error:

• jordenjorden Member
    I made a typo in the error reporting, rest. instead res. You can search and replace it (in drivers/smarttv/driver.js) or redownload it from Github.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    ok , will edit it and install again, just a moment please ...
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    i redownloaded it after i only edited the driver.js and the error was the same.
    after redownloading and instlling the reak ip was shown, so there was one step forward.

but if i klick repairing key reqeust i get the same error like in the screenshot above jorden

is it a problem that my wife just looking amazon prime with my lgtv?

• @jorden donation for the good work has done! Thanks again..

I now gonna sleep, testing (playing) in the afternoon again