This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] LG SmartTV

123457»

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    I'm a bit busy currently with my work and stuff... but had a look at the PHP scripts that @phil_s sent and that seemed to work for him.

It's a completely different type of protocol, or so it seems, but the functionality seems to be the same. If all works with those scripts, who knows, perhaps it is possible to extend this script with the second protocol type in the background.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2016
    sorry wrong.
  • mitchmitch Member
    Is there a fix for the  ECONNREFUSED error coming? @jorden

I have the 43UH668V running Web OS 3 version 04.30.55
  • @mitch No update yet. I don't have an LG TV so can't be of much help.

The "ECONNREFUSED" error, however, is very clear.  It means that the IP you are trying to have the app connect to, is refusing the connection. Can be because of a lot of reasons:
    - The IP is wrong or not in the same network as Homey
    - The TV is not turned on
    - The TV is not using the same API as the app is expecting (in other words, the TV is not supported by the app)
  • mitchmitch Member
    @jorden, it must the last option then since the top two do not apply as they are both correct.

Thank you for your response
  • SpazzSpazz Member
    jorden said:
    @mitch No update yet. I don't have an LG TV so can't be of much help.

The "ECONNREFUSED" error, however, is very clear.  It means that the IP you are trying to have the app connect to, is refusing the connection. Can be because of a lot of reasons:
    - The TV is not using the same API as the app is expecting (in other words, the TV is not supported by the app)
    If I turn of my TV and try to send a message, I get this error. However, when I try to use the state of the TV as a condition, the app seems to think the TV is still on. Is there any way I can use this error to read the state of my TV?
  • Spazz said:
    jorden said:
    @mitch No update yet. I don't have an LG TV so can't be of much help.

If I turn of my TV and try to send a message, I get this error. However, when I try to use the state of the TV as a condition, the app seems to think the TV is still on. Is there any way I can use this error to read the state of my TV?
    I developed this app a long time ago to help someone on this forum. I did this without having an LG tv at that time.

Currently, I have an LG OLED TV, and this app never worked for me. However, the official Athom app at https://apps.athom.com/app/com.lg.webos does work for me and they are still maintaining it. I suggest to try that. 

This app will not be updated/maintained anymore.